Reviews of Disney Transportation Boat, Monorail, Bus, & Skyliner

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/21/2020

What's wrong with bus? Skyliner is great but, long lines! Need to offer bus transportation to HS and Epcot as well!

Pros:

Not many

Cons:

Long lines if you don't have a lot of money and can stay at top resorts!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/12/2020

Disney has been using a bus system for quite some time now yet I don’t know if it’s truly an efficient system. We’ve just returned from our honeymoon and we tried to pack as much into our vacation as possible but we missed out on quite a bit due to waiting for buses. We were late to a few reservations due to buses taking too long between stops. Sometimes it would take over an hour to get into the park with wait time and drive time combined. I understand 10-15 minutes to circle back but when you have to wait half an hour or more for a bus, you’re not even sure will come, it’s ridiculous. I can’t tell you how many times we had to use the Minnie Van service, which is excellent, to salvage an evening but it’s an unnecessary expense that we shouldn’t have to use with access to the buses. At one point a bus ignored us and drove away with us standing next to their door; the bus wasn’t even full he just decided he wanted to leave after watching us run after him. A separate time we planned to use a Minnie Van to go to Disney Springs because the buses there seemed unpredictable but a bus happened to show up for Disney Springs so we cancelled the ride when we got up to the bus we were informed after waiting for several minutes that the bus was for Blizzard Beach and not Disney Springs despite the sign saying Disney Springs; apparently it was broken and couldn’t be altered at the moment. We called another Minnie Van and another bus did show up for Disney Springs but we didn’t even bother running after it because there was no use canceling another ride that would guarantee we’d get there. Ultimately, we will return as we always do and I appreciate the new avenues of transportation that are becoming available for the parks but I wish Disney World would consider that you can easily walk 10 miles a day or more at a park so to have consistent transportation is a must especially when your feet can barely hold you up anymore after a long day.

Pros:

Air Conditioning, easy to get from hotel to parks compared to driving instead

Cons:

Long lines, inconsistent wait times, broken destination signs

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/09/2020

Disney bus transportation

Pros:

Cons:

Horrible , wait times horrible , looking at Empty bus next to us and bus can’t take us . Do not accommodate for busy cheer weekend . Horrible

Reviewed by mamandragon Review Date: 03/03/2019

Buses to and from the parks are still very crowded. Some of the drivers like hitting the brake pedal a little too much and it makes for a very choppy ride. If you suffer from motion sickness then taking the buses might not be a good idea. On our recent visit in February we started using the Lyft service for this very reason as my daughter suffers from sever motion sickness. At Hollywood Studios the bus area is a nightmare. It is under construction and the area where you get the bus gets EXTREMLY Congested and there is no where to move. Whoever came up with this plan while the construction is on should be fired. Plain and simple. This area is an accident waiting to happen.

Pros:

Free

Cons:

Crowded buses, long wait times, Hollywood Studios Construction

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

the buses are very inconsistent. the new timetable screens at the bus stop are helpful but they are very frustrating because they are constantly change times. I was excited about the new app that lets you see the wait times from you room but it was not working the whole time we were there in September.

Pros:

free transportation

Cons:

crowded buses long wait times

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 09/29/2018

I honestly can't stand the buses at WDW. There are always long wait times that are constantly changing to add more time onto your wait. They are always very crowded, filled beyond capacity in my opinion. The buses should run a lot smoother and everyone should be able to sit. When we took a bus from the Contemporary Resort to Disney Springs this past June, we were all drenched in sweat, because either the air conditioning was broken or our driver didn't turn it on.

Pros:

Cons:

crowded and slow running

Reviewed by Jennifer Stevens Review Date: 09/27/2018

The buses can take a long time to get you from point a to point b. During mid day the waits are not bad but good luck around park opening and closing time. Then the cram in about 100 people. God forbid there is ever an accident with that many people onboard and half of them standing.

Pros:

air conditions

Cons:

Long waits. People are crammed in tight. Long rides depending on where you are going

Reviewed by DeanMoriarity Review Date: 09/08/2013

This review is painful; but it needs to be done. First the good news. The monorail is still quick, efficient and a lot of fun to ride. I enjoy the monorail just as much as I did when I was a kid in the early 80's. As a resort guest, the lines are never long and you get from here to there quickly with little to no wait. I wish the monorail could be expanded to include more than just the MK, Epcot, and a couple of hotels. The monorail gets three out of the 4 points I give WDW transportation.

Bus Transportation. What happened Disney? It used to be a great choice. Back in the 80's, I never had an issue. But as time went on, I saw the bus service deteriorate with each succeeding trip to WDW. I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside the last week of August in 2013. That said, bus transportation was my only choice. More often than not, there was an issue. Disney has the POR bus service paired with the POR French Quarter. Why? Being these are two very popular hotels, it is understandable that the lines for the buses would be the longest. Time and time again, no matter what park I was at, the lines for POR and PORFQ were the longest. I'd say the solution would be to separate the routes and give each hotel their own bus. Sounds like an easy solution. However, i noticed that this problem is not unique to the POR. At one point, I took a bus from the Contemporary only to find that it was paired with the Polynesian. I've seen that the value resorts pair up too. So it looks like the high end hotels also have to deal with this issue along with the low end and moderate resorts.

The bus service to and from Downtown Disney is horrendous. They really need to add buses to this route. On the afternoon of 8/27, it actually took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from Downtown Disney back to the POR. 75 minutes for a ride that's a little over a mile. You'd think they'd make transportation to and from the largest shopping district WDW has a bit easier.

Another problem that I encountered daily was watching multiple buses for another park come and go before the one I was waiting for would arrive. It was common to see two buses for another park go by. One day I actually saw three Epcot buses come back to back to back. That's three buses, all going to Epcot come in less than a minute. At what point does the third bus in line call dispatch for reassignment? Is bad management the reason?

What does this add up to? Overcrowded buses, that's what. More often than not, I didn't get a seat. We were just packed on like a bunch of cattle. My heart goes out to those traveling with young children. They had it twice as bad as I did. And leads me to my next point;safety. Just how safe is it for a bus to be overloaded like that on a daily basis. Is this just an accident waiting to happen? I think it's kind of ironic to think the most dangerous ride in all of WDW is the bus ride back to the hotel.

My last point for the WDW transportation system is how they handle handicapped passengers. My concern is that putting a handicapped person on an overcrowded bus with too many tired and irritable passengers is a dangerous situation. In a real emergency with passengers in a panic, a handicapped passenger would be in great peril. The solution here would be for WDW to have their own para-transit service. This is done in cities all across the USA. I like the fact that WDW has always been accessible to the handicapped and the elderly but i think it would behoove them to improve upon this service.

None of this is a matter of money. Disney has already put a lot of money behind the bus service. Read other reviews. Often we here of empty buses going to places no one wants to go to. This issue is a matter of poor management. Disney needs to reorganize and hire the right people to make the bus service world class. It can be done.

Pros:

monorail is good

Cons:

bus transportation

Reviewed by TheGrumpyDwarf Review Date: 05/20/2013

If I could give the buses in Disney a 0 rating it would still be too high.
complained about waits to/from parks to Wilderness lodge my entire stay, but got nothing but crickets in response.
1 hour was a common wait time for a bus to/return from a park.
spent over $200 getting around in cabs the service was so bad.
Repeated complaints were met with yawns as I guess this is not the first time someone has had issues with the bus service.
Actually would have been better not to have bus service at all. At least we would have known what to expect.

Disney has lost not only my family of 6 vacation dollars, but my son's and daughter will not be bringing our future grandkids to a Disney property.

Next time we'll skip Orlando....

Pros:

absolutely no positives to report

Cons:

wait times, wait times and wait times. Oh did I mention the wait times?

Reviewed by tga1828 Review Date: 11/30/2020

Overall= Good

Pros:

Lots

Cons:

Some

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation