Reviews of Disney Skyliner Gondola System

The Disney Skyliner gondola system consists of three lines, five Skyliner stations, and over 300 gondolas -- some with colorful character wraps!

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/03/2019

We rode the Skyliner on October 31 just to ride it. It was great! I can see the hub where all three lines meet being a new "I'm at Disney!" memory for a lot of people. We rode it in the middle of the day from Epcot to the hub, and then got right back on to go back to Epcot. My husband and son rode the morning of 10/30 all the way to Hollywood Studios and said he's never taking the bus there again. Both times there was no line, it was a smooth ride, and yes, the windows DO provide marvelous ventilation -- despite it being late October, we had temperatures in the mid '90s with high humidity and a heat index over 100. It was very comfortable in the gondolas while they were moving, but it does become a little cloying in there when they slow down in the stations. My only complaint, sadly, is about the wraps. I suffer from terrible motion sickness and found that looking through the wraps made it so much worse. If I looked through the clear doors to the side, I was fine. If I looked through the wrap in the front of the car I got a little nauseated. The wraps are really fun to see though!

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

The wraps may affect those prone to motion sickness

Reviewed by Lori Review Date: 10/30/2019

We were lucky enough to ride the skyliner just days after it opened (and one day before the incident. I will definitely ride it again if we are staying at one of the connected resorts, at Beach Club, or going from Epcot to Hollywood Studios or vice versa. We were staying at Beach Club when we rode it, and we typically walk from there to Hollywood Studios so I did a timing comparison. From the bridge between Boardwalk/Yacht and Beach and the International Gateway it took is 25 minutes to walk to Hollywood Studios. From the same location the Skyliner trip was 20 minutes. And we didn't have to make the hike in the sun!

Pros:

Faster than walking, fun entertaining trip.

Cons:

I felt like the breeze was a bit much inside the car.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/30/2019

Haven't ridden them yet, looking forward to it in a couple weeks!

Pros:

Get to get on at our resort

Cons:

Already broke down once!

Reviewed by edvan Review Date: 10/30/2019

I flew in the Skyliner this past Saturday. It was 10:30 and went from Epcot to HS. There were no line at the station and had a gondola entirely for me. It was great and the views were pretty. ventilation was good. On my way back I had a wrapped gondola with no so good views.

Pros:

No wait. Fast.

Cons:

No cons on this first experience.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/30/2019

After all the events with the skyliner prior to our arrival, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Out first ride was October 15th, right after it reopened. It was nothing short of spectacular. The lines were nonexistent. The first thing that hit me was how quiet it was. You feel like you’re floating over the parks. Our travel time from the American pavilion to Pop Century after the fireworks was cut in half. Amazing.

Pros:

Speed. Short lines. The view!!

Cons:

Almost too breezy for me. When it rained, I got wet. Next time we will close the vents.

Reviewed by WendyK Review Date: 10/30/2019

On our recent WDW vacation the week of October 14th our family rode the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot and Hollywood Studios multiple times using the Riviera station and it was smooth flying each time. This was the week following the "incident" at Riviera Station. The vents in the gondolas allowed for plenty of airflow while the gondola was moving. Since we never stopped for a prolong period of time, the rides were pleasant and comfortable. Riding the Skyliner is now a "must do" for our family!

Pros:

Fun way to travel!

Cons:

Wish they went to all four parks as well as Disney Springs.

Reviewed by CNYguy Review Date: 10/30/2019

October 26-28 trip. I was skeptical after the incident. But I booked Pop because of Skyliner for a F&W Epcot and a 6am EMH Hollywood Studios Trip. Arrival day we took skyliner to Epcot at 11am. No wait at Pop station. Super fast ride to Caribbean Beach. No wait at that station to Epcot. A few minutes later we were at the international gate. When we left international gate that evening we were back to Pop in around 15 minutes. Same experience coming back from Hollywood Studios the next two days. I highly recommend using the skyliner.

Pros:

Fast. Less waiting than the bus. Big benefit for those staying at Pop, Art of Animation , Cartibeam Beach (and soon Riviera ).

Cons:

Some people still skeptical after news. But I think bugs worked out.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/29/2019

rode from Hollywood to Epcot in the morning, stopped several times so was not quick
character wraps not good for taking pictures, switched to non wrap one for second half
Return in the afternoon from Epcot to Hollywood had now stops, that was great and fast
took about 22 min

Pros:

nice views like a attraction in itself

Cons:

undependable on the time with stops that may or may not happen

Reviewed by cindercarol Review Date: 10/29/2019

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed riding high above Walt Disney World. We expecially enjoyed the views from each of the tracks.

Pros:

The gondolas are comfortable and relaxing. Getting on and off even with a scooter is quick and easy.

Cons:

We do not have anything as far as cons to say about this ride/means of transportation.

Reviewed by dianeccole Review Date: 10/29/2019

Fabulous and nothing to fear! I was really scared to ride the skyliner - fear of heights and cable cars but YOLO 🤣 boarded at Hollywood studios so easy to get on I was worried about it moving but it was fine. Changed at Caribbean beach and on to Epcot. Smooth and fast and no real sense of height. I loved it and can’t wait to ride again next year

Pros:

Fast, smooth and great views also not too hot

Cons:

We need more links to other resorts- goodbye Disney bus hello skyliner

Other topics in WALT DISNEY WORLD TRANSPORTATION