Reviews of Walt Disney World Skyliner

The Disney Skyliner gondola system consists of three lines, five Skyliner stations, and over 300 gondolas -- some with colorful character wraps!

Reviewed by Betho Review Date: 03/31/2020

Best way to get around, with lovely views from the gondolas. It took only 10 minutes from our hotel room at Pop Century to get to Hollywood Studios, and about 15 minutes for Epcot.

Pros:

Loads quickly and efficiently; waits weren't too long from the parks at the end of the day; relaxing ride at the beginning and end of a long day of touring.

Cons:

Not recommended if you want to get to Hollywood Studios in time to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. Go by car or Lyft instead.

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

Highly recommend!It's so fun to be airborne over the parks. The continuous movement allows for lines to go quickly and get you to your destination on time. Sometimes you will "fly" with people not in your group but I don't find that off putting. Cast members will try when they are slower to give you your own car which makes the experience nicer. The air flow through the vents keeps it cool in there without needing air conditioning. So you are cool but not freezing.

Pros:

ALL OF IT

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Ddandridge Review Date: 03/18/2020

fun and fast way into get to parks.

Pros:

FAST, enjoyable views

Cons:

Tempature Control, shut down in bad weather.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/10/2020

Rode on all the lines for the first time a few weeks ago. Had no issues at all and really liked it :)

Pros:

Walked right on, good air flow, quick routes, cute cars to ride in

Cons:

Not really any :)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/09/2020

Stopped four times from studios to the transfer station - swinging in the wind dangling by a single wire does not instill any confidence. Why didn't wdw put in a trolley??? The views were not good either - clear cut through trees for the gondola system, studios parking lot, and going over a road were not a view to remember and atypical of the wdw experience.

Pros:

I guess if this is your only alternative to the bus it would be ok - assuming that there are no thunderstorms or winds.

Cons:

A rather cheap solution that Walt Disney would probably not approve of. Plus I can see this shutting down whenever there is lightning nearby.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 02/08/2020

I tried the skyliner in December on a very windy day when I was at Epcot and it stopped for a good 20 minutes in the air at the highest point shaking very badly in the wind with nothing coming over the loudspeaker while stopped. I was honestly very scared. I got off at Caribbean when I finally started moving again and decided to take the bus from there back to Epcot. I was lost. I didn't see signage as to where to get the bus. I had to ask a cast member where the main building was. It's way too spread out. And the bus kept stopping at all of the bus stops not once but twice.

Pros:

Quick to get places I assume if it's running appropriately

Cons:

Not recommended in inclement weather conditions, nothing came over loudspeaker when stopped, can be scary if you have a fear of heights

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/03/2020

Last week we came with two of our grandchildren and stayed at the Art of Animation. The Skyliner was great! We rode to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. There was no wait, even after the Epcot fireworks show. We had an hour to spare before leaving the last morning, so we rode the Skyline to Epcot and back, just for fun. The kids were thrilled, and loved seeing the different characters on each gondola. Next time we come, we'll definitely stay where we can take the Skyline to the parks.

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/26/2020

We just returned from a 9 day trip staying at CBR and used the Skyliner frequently. It was great, fast, efficient and overall a great experience. We were able to take to Epcot and also after a day at HS jumped over toe Beach Resort for some ice cream at beaches and cream. The line moves quick and the wait times are short except at park closing. The only knock on it was that HS was opening at 7AM and the Skyliner did not start to then so in order to get a ROR Boarding Group we could not use it. Besides that it was way way better than the bus system. On 85 degree days was not hot in the cabins either so that was a plus. Most times we rode without sharing space so that was also a bonus. Overall a Greta addition. Hopefully they add more lines to the system as this is way better than loading into a packed bus.

Pros:

Fast, roomy, efficient transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2020

LOVE the Skyliner! We need more Skyliner!

Pros:

No waiting, quiet and smooth, gorgeous views

Cons:

Doesn't start running early enough in the morning.

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/03/2019

We rode the Skyliner on October 31 just to ride it. It was great! I can see the hub where all three lines meet being a new "I'm at Disney!" memory for a lot of people. We rode it in the middle of the day from Epcot to the hub, and then got right back on to go back to Epcot. My husband and son rode the morning of 10/30 all the way to Hollywood Studios and said he's never taking the bus there again. Both times there was no line, it was a smooth ride, and yes, the windows DO provide marvelous ventilation -- despite it being late October, we had temperatures in the mid '90s with high humidity and a heat index over 100. It was very comfortable in the gondolas while they were moving, but it does become a little cloying in there when they slow down in the stations. My only complaint, sadly, is about the wraps. I suffer from terrible motion sickness and found that looking through the wraps made it so much worse. If I looked through the clear doors to the side, I was fine. If I looked through the wrap in the front of the car I got a little nauseated. The wraps are really fun to see though!

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

The wraps may affect those prone to motion sickness

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation