Reviews of Walt Disney World Skyliner

The Disney Skyliner gondola system consists of three lines, five Skyliner stations, and over 300 gondolas -- some with colorful character wraps!

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 02/08/2020

I tried the skyliner in December on a very windy day when I was at Epcot and it stopped for a good 20 minutes in the air at the highest point shaking very badly in the wind with nothing coming over the loudspeaker while stopped. I was honestly very scared. I got off at Caribbean when I finally started moving again and decided to take the bus from there back to Epcot. I was lost. I didn't see signage as to where to get the bus. I had to ask a cast member where the main building was. It's way too spread out. And the bus kept stopping at all of the bus stops not once but twice.

Pros:

Quick to get places I assume if it's running appropriately

Cons:

Not recommended in inclement weather conditions, nothing came over loudspeaker when stopped, can be scary if you have a fear of heights

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/03/2020

Last week we came with two of our grandchildren and stayed at the Art of Animation. The Skyliner was great! We rode to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. There was no wait, even after the Epcot fireworks show. We had an hour to spare before leaving the last morning, so we rode the Skyline to Epcot and back, just for fun. The kids were thrilled, and loved seeing the different characters on each gondola. Next time we come, we'll definitely stay where we can take the Skyline to the parks.

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/26/2020

We just returned from a 9 day trip staying at CBR and used the Skyliner frequently. It was great, fast, efficient and overall a great experience. We were able to take to Epcot and also after a day at HS jumped over toe Beach Resort for some ice cream at beaches and cream. The line moves quick and the wait times are short except at park closing. The only knock on it was that HS was opening at 7AM and the Skyliner did not start to then so in order to get a ROR Boarding Group we could not use it. Besides that it was way way better than the bus system. On 85 degree days was not hot in the cabins either so that was a plus. Most times we rode without sharing space so that was also a bonus. Overall a Greta addition. Hopefully they add more lines to the system as this is way better than loading into a packed bus.

Pros:

Fast, roomy, efficient transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2020

LOVE the Skyliner! We need more Skyliner!

Pros:

No waiting, quiet and smooth, gorgeous views

Cons:

Doesn't start running early enough in the morning.

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/03/2019

We rode the Skyliner on October 31 just to ride it. It was great! I can see the hub where all three lines meet being a new "I'm at Disney!" memory for a lot of people. We rode it in the middle of the day from Epcot to the hub, and then got right back on to go back to Epcot. My husband and son rode the morning of 10/30 all the way to Hollywood Studios and said he's never taking the bus there again. Both times there was no line, it was a smooth ride, and yes, the windows DO provide marvelous ventilation -- despite it being late October, we had temperatures in the mid '90s with high humidity and a heat index over 100. It was very comfortable in the gondolas while they were moving, but it does become a little cloying in there when they slow down in the stations. My only complaint, sadly, is about the wraps. I suffer from terrible motion sickness and found that looking through the wraps made it so much worse. If I looked through the clear doors to the side, I was fine. If I looked through the wrap in the front of the car I got a little nauseated. The wraps are really fun to see though!

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

The wraps may affect those prone to motion sickness

Reviewed by Lori Review Date: 10/30/2019

We were lucky enough to ride the skyliner just days after it opened (and one day before the incident. I will definitely ride it again if we are staying at one of the connected resorts, at Beach Club, or going from Epcot to Hollywood Studios or vice versa. We were staying at Beach Club when we rode it, and we typically walk from there to Hollywood Studios so I did a timing comparison. From the bridge between Boardwalk/Yacht and Beach and the International Gateway it took is 25 minutes to walk to Hollywood Studios. From the same location the Skyliner trip was 20 minutes. And we didn't have to make the hike in the sun!

Pros:

Faster than walking, fun entertaining trip.

Cons:

I felt like the breeze was a bit much inside the car.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/30/2019

Haven't ridden them yet, looking forward to it in a couple weeks!

Pros:

Get to get on at our resort

Cons:

Already broke down once!

Reviewed by edvan Review Date: 10/30/2019

I flew in the Skyliner this past Saturday. It was 10:30 and went from Epcot to HS. There were no line at the station and had a gondola entirely for me. It was great and the views were pretty. ventilation was good. On my way back I had a wrapped gondola with no so good views.

Pros:

No wait. Fast.

Cons:

No cons on this first experience.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/30/2019

After all the events with the skyliner prior to our arrival, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Out first ride was October 15th, right after it reopened. It was nothing short of spectacular. The lines were nonexistent. The first thing that hit me was how quiet it was. You feel like you’re floating over the parks. Our travel time from the American pavilion to Pop Century after the fireworks was cut in half. Amazing.

Pros:

Speed. Short lines. The view!!

Cons:

Almost too breezy for me. When it rained, I got wet. Next time we will close the vents.

Reviewed by WendyK Review Date: 10/30/2019

On our recent WDW vacation the week of October 14th our family rode the Skyliner from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot and Hollywood Studios multiple times using the Riviera station and it was smooth flying each time. This was the week following the "incident" at Riviera Station. The vents in the gondolas allowed for plenty of airflow while the gondola was moving. Since we never stopped for a prolong period of time, the rides were pleasant and comfortable. Riding the Skyliner is now a "must do" for our family!

Pros:

Fun way to travel!

Cons:

Wish they went to all four parks as well as Disney Springs.

Other topics in WALT DISNEY WORLD TRANSPORTATION