Reviews of Disney Transportation Boat, Monorail, Bus, & Skyliner

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/29/2013

We always use the WDW transportation system. Love the convenience. But sometimes when leaving a park waits can be long waiting for the bus, and then you can end up standing.

Pros:

convenient

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/09/2020

Disney bus transportation

Pros:

Cons:

Horrible , wait times horrible , looking at Empty bus next to us and bus can’t take us . Do not accommodate for busy cheer weekend . Horrible

Reviewed by mamandragon Review Date: 05/27/2013

Can't give it a 0 or negative number - wish I could though!!! My adult daughter and I just finished our stay at Disney World (There from May 10 to 16) and were quite disappointed in the service that the shuttles to the parks provide. The Magic Kingdom buses were sometimes few and far between. We were staying at Port Orleans Riverside. On the one day we talked with a lady who was there for an hour and a half and who had counted 17 other park buses before a Magic Kingdom bus arrived. She was with her elderly parents who were in scooters so it was a long wait. The buses, when they arrived, were very overcrowded and we stood up on most of our bus trips. We are back and now planning our next adventure to Disney and we’re hoping that the bus problems will be resolved by the time we go back. The concept of the park shuttles is great but leave yourself lots of time getting to where you are going – especially if your have breakfast/lunch/dinner reservations.

Pros:

Absolutley NONE

Cons:

Wait times, Hit and Miss Kingdom Buses

Reviewed by TheGrumpyDwarf Review Date: 05/20/2013

If I could give the buses in Disney a 0 rating it would still be too high.
complained about waits to/from parks to Wilderness lodge my entire stay, but got nothing but crickets in response.
1 hour was a common wait time for a bus to/return from a park.
spent over $200 getting around in cabs the service was so bad.
Repeated complaints were met with yawns as I guess this is not the first time someone has had issues with the bus service.
Actually would have been better not to have bus service at all. At least we would have known what to expect.

Disney has lost not only my family of 6 vacation dollars, but my son's and daughter will not be bringing our future grandkids to a Disney property.

Next time we'll skip Orlando....

Pros:

absolutely no positives to report

Cons:

wait times, wait times and wait times. Oh did I mention the wait times?

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 09/29/2018

I honestly can't stand the buses at WDW. There are always long wait times that are constantly changing to add more time onto your wait. They are always very crowded, filled beyond capacity in my opinion. The buses should run a lot smoother and everyone should be able to sit. When we took a bus from the Contemporary Resort to Disney Springs this past June, we were all drenched in sweat, because either the air conditioning was broken or our driver didn't turn it on.

Pros:

Cons:

crowded and slow running

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

the buses are very inconsistent. the new timetable screens at the bus stop are helpful but they are very frustrating because they are constantly change times. I was excited about the new app that lets you see the wait times from you room but it was not working the whole time we were there in September.

Pros:

free transportation

Cons:

crowded buses long wait times

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

the monorails are very inconsistent and not running at times

Pros:

fun to ride on when they are working

Cons:

schedules are always changing and sometimes they are not running

Reviewed by Jennifer Stevens Review Date: 09/27/2018

The buses can take a long time to get you from point a to point b. During mid day the waits are not bad but good luck around park opening and closing time. Then the cram in about 100 people. God forbid there is ever an accident with that many people onboard and half of them standing.

Pros:

air conditions

Cons:

Long waits. People are crammed in tight. Long rides depending on where you are going

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 06/29/2015

I have taken Disney transportation too many times to count. Unfortunately, I have never found it to be very reliable. My most recent stay in Disney was June 6th to 12th. We stayed at POR and POFQ. The monorails were fine, no issues. However, the buses had very long wait times and were extremely crowded. I don't understand how it can be safe to horde guests into these buses like sardines. Twice, while waiting for buses to Epcot and AK, we left the bus stop (after waits close to a half hour) to take our car instead. DTD waits to and from were over 40 minutes. It is very difficult to make dining reservations when the buses are so unpredictable...

Pros:

Crowded Buses and Long Waits

Reviewed by DeanMoriarity Review Date: 09/08/2013

This review is painful; but it needs to be done. First the good news. The monorail is still quick, efficient and a lot of fun to ride. I enjoy the monorail just as much as I did when I was a kid in the early 80's. As a resort guest, the lines are never long and you get from here to there quickly with little to no wait. I wish the monorail could be expanded to include more than just the MK, Epcot, and a couple of hotels. The monorail gets three out of the 4 points I give WDW transportation.

Bus Transportation. What happened Disney? It used to be a great choice. Back in the 80's, I never had an issue. But as time went on, I saw the bus service deteriorate with each succeeding trip to WDW. I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside the last week of August in 2013. That said, bus transportation was my only choice. More often than not, there was an issue. Disney has the POR bus service paired with the POR French Quarter. Why? Being these are two very popular hotels, it is understandable that the lines for the buses would be the longest. Time and time again, no matter what park I was at, the lines for POR and PORFQ were the longest. I'd say the solution would be to separate the routes and give each hotel their own bus. Sounds like an easy solution. However, i noticed that this problem is not unique to the POR. At one point, I took a bus from the Contemporary only to find that it was paired with the Polynesian. I've seen that the value resorts pair up too. So it looks like the high end hotels also have to deal with this issue along with the low end and moderate resorts.

The bus service to and from Downtown Disney is horrendous. They really need to add buses to this route. On the afternoon of 8/27, it actually took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from Downtown Disney back to the POR. 75 minutes for a ride that's a little over a mile. You'd think they'd make transportation to and from the largest shopping district WDW has a bit easier.

Another problem that I encountered daily was watching multiple buses for another park come and go before the one I was waiting for would arrive. It was common to see two buses for another park go by. One day I actually saw three Epcot buses come back to back to back. That's three buses, all going to Epcot come in less than a minute. At what point does the third bus in line call dispatch for reassignment? Is bad management the reason?

What does this add up to? Overcrowded buses, that's what. More often than not, I didn't get a seat. We were just packed on like a bunch of cattle. My heart goes out to those traveling with young children. They had it twice as bad as I did. And leads me to my next point;safety. Just how safe is it for a bus to be overloaded like that on a daily basis. Is this just an accident waiting to happen? I think it's kind of ironic to think the most dangerous ride in all of WDW is the bus ride back to the hotel.

My last point for the WDW transportation system is how they handle handicapped passengers. My concern is that putting a handicapped person on an overcrowded bus with too many tired and irritable passengers is a dangerous situation. In a real emergency with passengers in a panic, a handicapped passenger would be in great peril. The solution here would be for WDW to have their own para-transit service. This is done in cities all across the USA. I like the fact that WDW has always been accessible to the handicapped and the elderly but i think it would behoove them to improve upon this service.

None of this is a matter of money. Disney has already put a lot of money behind the bus service. Read other reviews. Often we here of empty buses going to places no one wants to go to. This issue is a matter of poor management. Disney needs to reorganize and hire the right people to make the bus service world class. It can be done.

Pros:

monorail is good

Cons:

bus transportation

Other topics in Walt Disney World Transportation