Reviews of Gideon’s Bakehouse

Reviewed by MovingthePeople Review Date: 01/02/2022

These are truly the best cookies on the planet. The first time I had them they were actually mailed to me by a friend and they still tasted amazing. Heated them up a little and they were the oooey, gooey and amazing!

Pros:

Taste, consistency, mix of sugary with a little salt. The perfect cookies

Cons:

Absolutely nothing!

Reviewed by Bpm780 Review Date: 12/12/2021

We were very excited to get a chance to go to Gideon's. We got to Disney Springs about 50 minutes before Gideon's opened and there were already about 15 people ahead of us. About 9:45 the employees came out and handed everyone a menu, the store opened about 5 minutes later. If you love cookies, then this is the place for you! The selections are amazing and it's hard to decided on just 6 cookies. The atmosphere is amazing and the people who work there are all SO nice! We purchased 6 cookies and a variety pack. You will definitely NOT be able to eat these cookies at one sitting. They are delicious and huge. We brought most of them home and 4 days later, they were still just as good. Highly recommend Gideon's.

Pros:

The atmosphere, the employees and the delicious cookies

Cons:

Very small store

Reviewed by DuvalDisneyDad Review Date: 12/07/2021

Nobody likes to wait but when in Disney…
If you have the time and patience I would highly recommend. The cookies are unique and delicious 😋. The iced coffee is very Flavorful! If you typically take your coffee black it won’t be for you though.

Pros:

One of a kind

Cons:

Popularity

Reviewed by mcenut Review Date: 10/29/2021

Is a 2 and half hour standby wait worth it for a maximum of 6 cookies? Well it was worth it to us. The cookies are indeed very good and the bakehouse is very charming. The smell of baked goods in intoxicating when you enter after your long wait outside. The décor is magnificent. The staff was very pleasant even though some of the perspective clients were not very kind because of the wait. Pro tip, if you want to get more than 6 cookies to take home from your trip, order them online the night before and take a rideshare to the original location in Orlando to pick them up. This is about a 90 minute round trip excursion from the Walt Disney World resort but that is still better than 150 minutes in the standby line or a three to four hour virtual queue wait at the Disney Springs location.

Pros:

The cookies are very good. The theming of the bakehouse is very clever. Plus the smell in the bakehouse puts the hyped Grand Floridian lobby smell to shame.

Cons:

The Disney Springs location is extremely busy.

Reviewed by PixieDust6 Review Date: 07/25/2021

After much hype , I had to try this place out. First day I went, the virtual cue was 220 minutes, YIKES. The second time I went it was a 15 minute wait. I chose the original chocolate chip cookie for myself and my party brought home some others. The cookie is HUGE just like people have said. It was full of chocolate chips through and through. Very soft, Very shareable and Very Yummy.
Would I wait in a long line for it, NO, but if there is no wait, then I would love to try out some other flavors.

Pros:

Very Shareable and Unique

Cons:

Possibly a long wait

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/12/2021

I love this place! The cookies are amazing and the cake is to die for! Even the nitro cold brew is good! You can’t go wrong here. The only reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 if for the fact that you have to wait 3 hours on average in the virtual line.

Pros:

Amazing cookies/cakes/cold brew Cool theming Great service

Cons:

Long long long virtual lines

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 07/04/2021

We had to \"wait\" in the virtual cue for 2 hours to then get in line to enter. That line took another 10 minutes to get through. After all that I would still recommend these cookies. Just go put your name on the list when you first arrive to DS and it is fine. They will text you when you can return. We tried the peanut butter cookie, the toffee pistachio cookie and the seasonal white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. All were outstanding! My favorite was the toffee pistachio!

Pros:

Yummy cookies!

Reviewed by Maryssa Review Date: 05/24/2021

Best cookies I have ever had! They are massive! Very easily shareable! The peanut butter iced coffee is fantastic too! A definite must try! However, the 3+ hour wait on certain days is not fun.

Pros:

Great desserts and coffee!

Cons:

Long wait times

Reviewed by SCOTTMOP Review Date: 05/20/2021

Best cake and Cookies!!! The slices of cake are huge as are the cookies. The line will be long but worth it

Pros:

Cakes and cookies

Cons:

Long lines and wait

Reviewed by KaraF Review Date: 05/10/2021

As soon as I saw Molly’s review of Gideons, I knew I had to try those cookies! I Entered the virtual que and went to eat at homecomin while we waited, timed it perfect; and was called as we were paying for our meal. Once in line it moved quickly, I didn’t wait any longer than 10 minutes to get into the store.
The theming is awesome! We got an assortment of cookies, my favorite was the original chocolate chip, followed by the cookies and cream. The cookies are so huge we were able to snack on them throughout the entirety of our trip and even brought some home. Delicious

Pros:

Delicious, huge cookies! Great theming!

Cons:

Very dark inside store, can be hard to see coming directly from the bright sun. Can’t take stroller inside.