Reviews of Gideon’s Bakehouse

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2023

Delicious, thick and hearty cookies. However after the first bite, you get a cloyingly sweet after taste. Its sweetness hits hard.
To me, the chocolate banana bread cookie tasted like it had fake banana flavor added. I’m assuming real bananas were not used.
The January 2023 butterscotch and biscoff cookie was good. The butterscotch is more in the background and the biscoff cookie in the foreground. The combo gave it more of a gingerbread cookie vibe. Which isn’t a bad thing if you’re a gingerbread lover. I personally think gingerbread is just ok. But nonetheless it was a good cookie. The ultima tree winner was the coffee cake cookie. Omg! Better than most actual coffee cakes I’ve had. The streusel/crumble baked on the outside. Divine. perfect crunch, perfect flavor. I’ll dream about that cookie.
Lastly, I was excited to try the peanut butter cold brew and it was way too sweet. I threw it out. I should say, this is coming from someone that doesn’t put sugar in their coffee and doesn’t like overly sweet coffee drinks. I guess we all have different tastebuds. Anyway, I barely tasted peanut butter and coffee. Just an overly sweet milk drink that kinda had coffee and peanut butter flavor. Kinda…

Pros:

Delicious, hearty cookies Creative flavors The COFFEE CAKE COOKIE both the night and day one Great for sharing

Cons:

Fake banana flavor in the banana bread cookie A little too sweet for the cookies Peanut butter cold brew was way too sweet

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/07/2022

The cookie is good but it's nothing special. The place/decoration must be what draws people in.

Pros:

You get a cookie It tastes like a decent peanut butter cookie

Cons:

You overpay for said cookie Wait for about half an hour in line for a cookie

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/31/2022

Not impressed with the taste. the size is obviously the draw.

Pros:

Ok cookie

Cons:

Wait for what? Any bakery chef can reproduce that product. Just oversized. Kudos who will wait for an average tasting cookie

Reviewed by Kayleigh Review Date: 08/21/2022

Full disclosure: You need to LOVE chocolate to love these cookies. BUT THEY ARE INCREDIBLE! With their size, they are perfect to share or save at the hotel for multiple days (in the fridge!), and worth every penny. Every flavor I have tried has been complex and unique with high quality ingredients.
I am not a cake person, but I gave their Peanut Butter Cup cake a shot... wow. Very dense, rich, quality cake. I couldn't finish it before I had to leave for the airport, but the size alone would have made it worth the price, let alone how flavorful it was!
Even if members of your family don't want sweets, make sure they go inside! This is one of the best themed places in all of Disney springs, and the employees are fun and kind. Worth the wait whether you are in the virtual queue or standby line.

Pros:

EVERYTHING

Cons:

Long wait (BUT WORTH IT)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/16/2022

I appreciate that many people enjoy these cookies. However, I found them to not live up to the hype. The venue is well themed and the product is extremely well displayed. However, the cookies are nauseatingly sweet to the point of being inedible. I tossed mine in the trash after a couple of bites.

Pros:

The shop is visually interesting. Staff is friendly and efficient. Product is fresh.

Cons:

Overly sweet. Chocolate used is of average quality. Sweetness overwhelmed any subtle flavors the cookies might have. Value just wasn't there for me.

Reviewed by DVCSammy Review Date: 04/22/2022

Got into the virtual queue (4.5 hours) during the Christmas Holidays and those cookies were worth every minute .. .. Have been back 3x since (long flight from LA), making sure I run to get in line @ 9AM when the Garage opens and love all the cookies!

Pros:

All the cookies are dreamy (especially fresh)!

Cons:

None ~ If you don't queue, you don't deserve .. ..

Reviewed by KATEandKATHERINE Review Date: 04/10/2022

For me they didn’t live up to the hype at all, unfortunately. I was really excited to try these cookies because everyone hypes them up. It’s possible the hype ruined it for me because it set my expectations high. To be fair, I like really chewy not overly-chocolatey chocolate chip cookies, so I already knew I wouldn’t like their choc-chips. I was really excited for the cookies and cream cookie. In total my wife and I tried the choc-chip cookie, the coffee salted toffee cookie, a cookies and cream cookie, and the peanut butter cold brew. The peanut butter cold brew was good, a little too sweet for me, but my wife LOVED it, I would actually recommend trying it for a new expletives. As far as the cookies are concerned we both absolutely hated the chocolate chip cookie, the chocolate wasn’t great quality, which is the main flavor. The cookie is room temp, so no gooey warm cookie experience here. Just hard as a rock chocolate chips and a subpar, kind of chips-ahoy flavored cookie dough. We threw this one out. The cookies and cream, I thought was fine. It tasted a little like preservatives and I would bet anything it was made with fake Oreos, which in my book is a cardinal sin. BUT with all that said, I finished it over the course of 3 days! I liked it enough to eat it all when I would get back to the hotel after a long day, and that’s not nothing! I didn’t try the coffee cookie, but my wife said it was the thing that saved Gideon’s for her, she really liked it, so if those flavors appeal to you, might be worth a shot!

Pros:

A lot of bang for your buck

Cons:

Mediocre flavor

Reviewed by Mommacolorado Review Date: 02/07/2022

OMG!! It was a 5 hour virtual line. We left and were eating at Steakhouse 71 and I had to come back... and I wasn't even mad about it. The location was really cool... I scored and got there during hot cookie hour... which was awesome because we were there during a freezing cold and wet week so the hot cookie was nice. I got one of each of the cookies and a slice of cookies and cream cake... holy smokes... what a treat! They are living in my freezer now and I enjoy a little chunk at a time. The cookie bouncer had a Slytherin name badge on... the lady behind me said... ofcourse a Slytherin would stand between us and the cookies! haha it was so fun, everyone was in a great mood even on that cold cold Jan night.

Pros:

The vibes and cookies are next level!

Cons:

none.

Reviewed by PolynesionStitch Review Date: 02/06/2022

Gideon's is absolutely amazing. Every time we are in Disney springs we will go unless the wait is absurdly long. The half pound cookies are all amazing, as well as the cake slices and coffee. The seasonal flavors are also very fun.

Pros:

- Amazing desserts!

Cons:

- Very popular so there can be long lines.

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 01/31/2022

How can you not love Gideon's? You have to get the peanut butter cold brew, and get at least 3 types of cookies to share and enjoy. Our favorites were the coffee cake cookie, the classic chocolate chip, and the pistachio toffee. You can't go wrong with anything you get here. Plus the environment is so cool!

Pros:

Fantastic cookies, great theming, really fun staff

Cons:

Long line to get in