Reviews of Gideon’s Bakehouse

Reviewed by PixieDust6 Review Date: 07/25/2021

After much hype , I had to try this place out. First day I went, the virtual cue was 220 minutes, YIKES. The second time I went it was a 15 minute wait. I chose the original chocolate chip cookie for myself and my party brought home some others. The cookie is HUGE just like people have said. It was full of chocolate chips through and through. Very soft, Very shareable and Very Yummy.
Would I wait in a long line for it, NO, but if there is no wait, then I would love to try out some other flavors.

Pros:

Very Shareable and Unique

Cons:

Possibly a long wait

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/12/2021

I love this place! The cookies are amazing and the cake is to die for! Even the nitro cold brew is good! You can’t go wrong here. The only reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 if for the fact that you have to wait 3 hours on average in the virtual line.

Pros:

Amazing cookies/cakes/cold brew Cool theming Great service

Cons:

Long long long virtual lines

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 07/04/2021

We had to \"wait\" in the virtual cue for 2 hours to then get in line to enter. That line took another 10 minutes to get through. After all that I would still recommend these cookies. Just go put your name on the list when you first arrive to DS and it is fine. They will text you when you can return. We tried the peanut butter cookie, the toffee pistachio cookie and the seasonal white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. All were outstanding! My favorite was the toffee pistachio!

Pros:

Yummy cookies!

Reviewed by Maryssa Review Date: 05/24/2021

Best cookies I have ever had! They are massive! Very easily shareable! The peanut butter iced coffee is fantastic too! A definite must try! However, the 3+ hour wait on certain days is not fun.

Pros:

Great desserts and coffee!

Cons:

Long wait times

Reviewed by SCOTTMOP Review Date: 05/20/2021

Best cake and Cookies!!! The slices of cake are huge as are the cookies. The line will be long but worth it

Pros:

Cakes and cookies

Cons:

Long lines and wait

Reviewed by KaraF Review Date: 05/10/2021

As soon as I saw Molly’s review of Gideons, I knew I had to try those cookies! I Entered the virtual que and went to eat at homecomin while we waited, timed it perfect; and was called as we were paying for our meal. Once in line it moved quickly, I didn’t wait any longer than 10 minutes to get into the store.
The theming is awesome! We got an assortment of cookies, my favorite was the original chocolate chip, followed by the cookies and cream. The cookies are so huge we were able to snack on them throughout the entirety of our trip and even brought some home. Delicious

Pros:

Delicious, huge cookies! Great theming!

Cons:

Very dark inside store, can be hard to see coming directly from the bright sun. Can’t take stroller inside.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Exceeded the hype. Coincidentally was in Disney springs on their surprise opening day and only waited virtually for 1 hour then 15 in physical line. Best parts about cookie dough in a baked cookie. High cookies and kind of cheap considering size and Disney prices. A must get at Disney.

Pros:

Amazing cookies, huge sizes

Cons:

Long line, limit of 6 per transaction

Reviewed by AnxiousMillenial Review Date: 04/05/2021

Gideon's was very hyped up to me as a must do on my Disney trip. They did not disappoint. I already knew that there would be a virtual queue, so on my day at Disney Springs, Gideon's was my first stop. I added myself to the virtual queue, a two and a half hour wait, and then shopped around and went to my lunch reservation. Two hours later, I received a text and got in line. The wait to get inside was about 10 to 20 minutes. I was surprised by how many people did not know about the virtual queue and were discouraged to wait for these cookies. Those people were missing out, because the cookies are delicious. I ordered a cookies and cream and original. The cookies and cream was hands down my favorite. It was huge! I had to eat it in two or three different settings. So, so, worth the wait. Folks just need to do their research and come prepared. But the wait is definitely turning people away.

Pros:

Delicious cookies. Worth the price.

Cons:

Wait time.

Reviewed by Mjsheridan Review Date: 03/19/2021

To start with, the cookies are very, very good and I highly recommend getting the frosting cups too! However, the current procedure and long line really took away from the experience for me. The virtual wait was over two hours and then the in line wait was another 50 minutes. Kind of took away from the experience.

Pros:

Delicious one of a kind cookies

Cons:

The current wait times and procedures are frustrating and excessive

Reviewed by Oo-De-Lally248 Review Date: 03/16/2021

I heard lots of hype about this bakery before going to Disney Springs and it lived up to Every. Word. Gideon's and Disney belong together in every way, from their delicious baked goods to the amazing theming, Gideon’s lives up to the magic of Disney. The haunted mansion-esque ambience of the shop is so unique and creative, giving customers an immersive and ultra-themed experience rather than just a stop in a bakery. Only a few customers are able to fit into the store at one time so it feels like a personalized, custom made and almost intimate encounter as you enter to dimmed lights and the smell of warm chocolate. The friendly sales team greets you, guides you through the many options, prepares your order and then sends you back into reality and almost jarring daylight with a truly wonderful prize. There aren't a ton of choices in their products but what they do, they do well. The cookies are huge, larger than my palm, and the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Each bite is full of all the good stuff, be it big pieces of Oreo cookie, whole peanuts or mouthfuls of chocolate chips. There is no mistaking what flavor you got and you are definitely not left wanting by the taste or textures. I loved Gideon’s as an attraction, a curiosity and as a bakehouse.

Pros:

Shareable portions, amazing theming, both upscale and accessible taste profiles

Cons:

Wait time