Reviews of Avatar Flight of Passage

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/16/2021

We rope dropped this ride the first time we rode it. I then proceeded to RUN all the way to the end of the line to ride it again...4 times. I am a huge Avatar fan. I LOVED the movie when it came out (that 3D technology was so awesome at the time) and I love what they have done with the ride as well. It is FULL immersion into Pandora. This is by far my all time Favorite ride. It is perfect.

Pros:

Cons:

The line gets INSANE This is a rope drop ride or end of the night ride.

Reviewed by Jedi Review Date: 09/09/2021

• Amazing immersion - One of the coolest things to me about this ride was how many senses you experience in this ride to make yourself so immersed. You feel the Banshee breathing between your legs as you ride it, smell the scents of the forest, feel the splashes of water on your face. The screen is so humongous and the landscape vast around you, so you feel yourself actually diving down and around the immense Pandora.
• Didn't give motion sickness - I took my sister, who gets very motion sickness and she came through the ride absolutely fine. She didn't take any motion-sickness medicine beforehand, either.
• Beautiful queue - The queue may as well be taking you through the actual Pandora because that's exactly what it looks like. It also takes you through the lab where you can see so many iconic props straight from the movie, the Bioluminescent forest at night, and (toward the beginning of the queue) takes you over bridges overlooking streams, floating mountains, and it makes you feel like you're actually climbing the mountain at one point (don't worry - it's not strenuous at all aside from regular walking). It makes for some great pictures. Half of this queue is indoors with air conditioning. So if you're going during the summer, don't despair!
• 3D glasses - There are 3D glasses that you need to wear during this ride and though they were a little big for me, they still stayed on and I forgot about them as soon as the ride started.

Pros:

thrilling, immersive, air-conditioned queue

Cons:

You have to wear glasses

Reviewed by Disneyworldfanatics1 Review Date: 09/07/2021

The ride through pandora is Amazing! I loved the movie and it looks the exact same. Must do for everyone that is eligible to ride it.
The only problem is the really long waits it can reach up to two hours so try and do it at rope drop or late in the day

Pros:

Amazing technology, great queue

Cons:

Really long wait

Reviewed by MollysBiggestFans Review Date: 08/30/2021

I don't know where to begin. This ride is just everything you want, thrilling, fun, and unique. With a group of 7 of us, every single one came off and said that is the best ride we have ever ridden, and that's from a family that rides Top Thrill Dragster without blinking. This ride is insanely impressive, from the technology, to the graphics of the projection, to the smells, to everything. How it doesn't have a perfect 10/10 rating or a 100% recommendation is beyond me.

Pros:

-AMAZING -EXCITING -WORTH EVERY SECOND IN LINE

Cons:

-NONE

Reviewed by ImWhyTheRumIsGone Review Date: 08/05/2021

My favorite ride at Disney World. I walk off this ride so energized and happy. Must do, even if you haven't seen or don't like the move. Universal needs to copy this exact attraction, but for How to Train Your Dragon.

Pros:

amazing technology immersive

Cons:

long lines

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 07/22/2021

Absolutely amazing! I ended up waiting almost three hours in line the first time I rode this, and it was one of the only rides that I think I would actually say was worth it. The smell feels like home to me! You have to do this at least once.

Pros:

Amazing technology, great queue!

Cons:

The queue outside of the normal line (the one that normally goes into Africa and winds all around) can be confusing and annoying

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/20/2021

i love this ride so much!!!!!!

Pros:

smooth simulator, feel like you’re actually flying!

Cons:

might get motion sick, can have very long lines

Reviewed by YodaBest3521 Review Date: 07/06/2021

Outside of Rise of the Resistance, this is the best ride in all of Disney World. While the wait times are long, it has an immersive queue that keeps you entertained and in awe. The avatar floating in the chamber is HUGE and insanely realistic. The ride itself is the best combination of Soarin (immersive screen), Mission Space (realistic simulation), and Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (ride vehicle). This VR experience is second to none. Contrary to other reviews, I did not have motion sickness and the young children in our pod had a great time. If you prep kids ahead of time about what the ride is, there is not a problem.

Pros:

Immersive Queue, Realistic VR, Thrill Ride, Great smells

Cons:

Lines are long

Reviewed by SondheimGod Review Date: 06/24/2021

Finally got to ride! The last time I was here was 3 days before Pandora opened and I was super bummed. The wait time is still super long but gosh darn it this is a neat ride! I'm not a huge fan of Soarin' because heights, but this takes the best aspects of that and combines it with a simulator. I LOVE how the ride also mists/sprays water to help with immersion. It's perfectly timed so that of you feel like you're breaking the immersion, you're immediately snapped back! Maybe the most innovative ride at the parks.

Pros:

Very thrilling. Beautiful ride. Great theming. Long indoor queue

Cons:

Longest wait in the park. The queue starts outside and it can be hot/catch you in rain.

Reviewed by KevintheSnipe Review Date: 06/18/2021

This is my favorite ride in all of Disney! It is so immersive and super thrilling! The tech on this attraction is truly unbelievable and I am taken a back every time I ride it. It literally feels like your flying on a banshee and it is insane! I think that this ride is so amazing that you don’t need to see the film to appreciate it while you may need to for Na’vi River Journey. There is a very cool queue with some beautiful theming. Since this ride is a simulator ride, lots of people have motion sickness issues. The ride seat may be uncomfortable for some people so definitely try the teat seat first near the entrance of the attraction. This is my favorite thing in AK and it is one that my family does every trip!

Pros:

Immersive, beautiful, technologically incredible!

Cons:

Long waits, lots of people have issues with motion sickness on this attraction, seats may be uncomfortable for some.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions