Reviews of Avatar Flight of Passage

Thrill ride, must be 44 inches or taller Long waits (2-3 hours) are the norm!

Reviewed by DisDad99 Review Date: 01/29/2020

This ride set a new standard for all theme park attractions when it opened in 2017. The queue is an attraction by itself; absolutely gorgeous. Fast Pass and rope drop will unfortunately zoom you past much of the queue, so your optimal experience is to enter the main queue 5 minutes before park close - wait time should be significantly less than listed, you'll get to see the entire queue, and the ride itself is just spectacular.

Pros:

Literally feels like flying, is very much a spiritual experience. Queue is beautiful, and it offers views of Pandora you can't get from the ground level.

Cons:

Very long wait times throughout the day, Fast Pass and Rope Drop will skip most of the queue.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/13/2020

I've ridden this ride 3 times. Each time I find it harder and harder to stay engaged. It is definitely a wonder of technology and a good ride but not worth the wait after the first time. I get mildly motion sick on this which is something to keep in mind. Could be jarring for kids who don't like heights or falling (that "going down a drop" sensation).

Pros:

Innovative Technology Engaging Pre-Show

Cons:

Movie isn't relevant Can make you motion sickness

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/05/2020

How could anyone give thing anything lower than a 10? Most incredible Disney ride I’ve been on.. not too many rides I’d wait thing long for but this one is definitely worth the wait if you can’t get a fast pass

Pros:

Cons:

Obviously long wait times but worth it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/05/2020

It's fine. It's fun. Basically a glorified Soaring with the "breathing" creature you're on. Still way overhyped.

Pros:

Fairly immersive experience. Co queue to go with the story.

Cons:

Over hyped. Terrible pre show movie.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/24/2019

It is a fabulous ride...been twice...will wait if that's what it takes..unique vegetation, line passage exhibits...even waiting we smile at WDW initiative of how to MOVE people ....we do love WDW.

Pros:

It is long enough to be worth the wait...I like that they tell you what to do to enjoy the ride.

Cons:

ok..the line...but someday I might get fast track..

Reviewed by JennyM Review Date: 06/19/2019

Our family's favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. It is such an amazing ride and we're always sad when it's over! This is a fast pass priority for us on every trip so try to get one if possible as the waits for the regular line are long. We highly recommend the ride but we know that some folks with motion sickness or sensitivity can find it challenging.

Pros:

immersive experience, breathtakingly amazing, great queue, best ride ever

Cons:

FastPass recommended to avoid lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/18/2019

This is the best ride i have ever rode! Highly recommend to arrive at the park 30+ Minutes early as they usually let you in before time! You need to either go straight to this ride, get a fast pass, or go at the very end of the day to avoid the crazy lines! Also note, even with a fast pass you will wait! The regular line was a little over 2 hour wait and we waited over 30 min in fastpass line. But so worth it!

Pros:

Best ride ever!

Cons:

Long wait.

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 06/16/2019

I can handle a basic roller coaster now (no cork screws), but just one and then I need a 10 minute break. I can't take anything that spins. I read up on the reviews before deciding to try this and checked out a few recordings of the ride. People were saying that if you like Soarin', you'll be fine on this. I love Soarin' and decided to go ahead and try Flight of Passage.

I take 1 motion sickness pill before bed the night before and then 1 an hour before I'm about to experience something that might cause it (per advice of a pharmacist - which seems to work for me). Well, I forgot to bring the motion sickness pills to the park with me so only had the 1 pill in me. The whole way thru the FP line there were signs, but I thought "Don't they have these signs on Soarin'?" and it doesn't bother me at all (even without motion sickness pills). So I continued. Boy did I regret it!!!

This ride starts out okay and is pretty cool. Then it picks up a little speed and does some twisting/jerking and comes to a stop. It was getting gradually worse, so I closed my eyes and just tried to relax. When It stopped, I was glad and was ready to get out, but saw we were just pausing. Then the thing takes off and it isn't just a visual thing. I felt like a rag doll in a washing machine that went bonkers. Horrible!!! I kept thinking, just let me get thru the ride without getting sick. Thankfully I didn't eat for many hours prior to boarding this thing. The ride stopped and I was not sure how I felt. That was the worst experience I've had with a ride in years (because I learned not to bother with things I knew I couldn't handle anymore... but the reviews kept comparing this to Soarin').

Next, I felt like I could hardly walk out of there and the walk goes on forever before you get outside. I planned on going to the nearest restroom and getting a wet paper towel for my neck/head and hanging out for awhile, but no restrooms anywhere nearby. (I cannot put words for that on this site.)

So, yes they did have warnings after I got my fastpass 60 days ahead and had this in my plans and didn't want to not try it after all that and then to not be able to get another good FP in exchange, but I thought the ride was horrible and I guess there are different types of motion sickness out there. If you can handle being tossed and turned and jerked every which way at rapid speeds, go for it (I guess). The only reason I'm glad the ride is in the park is that it takes the crowd to a place I won't be.

I didn't actually get sick, just felt awful. And here is a funny thing. I didn't feel good on any bus ride for the next 3 days of my stay AND I couldn't stand going on the pre-school Nemo ride at EPCOT the next day!!!

Pros:

It might be nice to see the view while soaring thru, but I had to close my eyes after maybe a half minute. If you're sure you won't get sick, it's probably a good ride.

Cons:

Can make you sick, it's a long walk out and there are no restrooms nearby.

Reviewed by dawn Review Date: 06/13/2019

TBH i didn't think this was great the first time. i could see out the sides of the glasses and that distracted me from being immersed. second time i made the effort to make it happen. it's a very cool experience and should not be missed! that being said, get a fast pass. i would not wait 2 or more hours.

Pros:

amazing technology, state of the art

Cons:

loooong lines and hard to get a fast pass!

Reviewed by bomborivera Review Date: 06/12/2019

Unbelievable ride. Great for all ages!

Pros:

Endless entertainment

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions