Reviews of Festival of the Lion King

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/31/2022

Festival of the Lion King is a top-tier live Disney show and well worth going out of your way to see if you can.

With excellent music (obviously, it’s the Lion King tracks), extremely high quality in the performances all around, and some impressive use of plucking you right in the heart strings, Festival is a true hit. The show is neither too short or too long and has an impressive arc of emotions, building up to a really exciting and emotional climax and conclusion. Simply great execution all around.

Additionally, there are some animatronic characters here that are pretty impressive as well. They are interactive in that if you say something to them on your way out of the show, they will respond directly to you and what you said. I assume there are controllers inside able to make their voices sound like the characters. But the whole system is a nice touch.

Great for kiddos, as they’ll love the songs, the colors, the sights and sounds. Great for adults, who will appreciate the impressive choreography and vocal work. Definitely worth a trip on your Animal Kingdom day!

Pros:

Excellent performances all around Impressive emotional storytelling arc Fun animatronics used

Cons:

Can be a bit crowded Stadium bench seating might be uncomfortable

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/12/2022

If you've seen the show in the past, prior to covid you'll be disappointed. We saw it 8 years ago and it was absolutely amazing!! They used to have acrobatic flying monkeys on trapeze bars and aerial flying birds. Sadly they had none of this last month. Hopefully they will bring the old show back, it was a 10/10!!

Pros:

Fire twirler was great.

Cons:

MY teens were bored. Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood studios was amazing!!

Reviewed by TiggerGuy90 Review Date: 02/21/2022

I don’t understand why people enjoy it so much. It might be how much people love it and rate it that my expectations were very high but I just felt let down by it, the show in general felt rushed as if they tried to fit as much in in a short amount of time, the floats and animatronic seemed like they need an update and don’t even get me started on the seating was like being sat on benches in a school gym class. The singers and dancers were amazing! If it wasn’t for them it would have a lower rating. Won’t be rushing back

Pros:

Amazing singers and dancers and I guess good to get a bit of air conditioning

Cons:

In need of an update and needs a better flow to the show

Reviewed by Perkisizing Review Date: 02/11/2022

Even when shortened, this show is great! The costumes, the animatronics, the songs, yeah this is one of the best shows in WDW and it brings my wife to tears.

Reviewed by DisneyNewbie41 Review Date: 02/06/2022

The cast was so talented!! The fire twirler especially! Show was about 20 minutes. I went to the 2 pm show. They will ask everyone to smoosh in to allow as many in as possible.

Pros:

Top talent, excellent show.

Cons:

The bleachers aren’t that comfortable.

Reviewed by AFanOfDisneyWorld Review Date: 10/30/2021

This is a great show! It really brings the story of the Lion King to life, and is a must-do on each of our Disney World vacations.

Pros:

Cons:

Because of Covid-19, the show has been scaled down a bit.

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/16/2021

This is a great show! They really bring the Lion King to life and make it a blast to celebrate it!

Pros:

Good Show, A/C, Fun and interactive

Cons:

I felt the run time was a tad long, my spouse disagrees and felt it was just right I think it depends on how big of a Lion king fan you are.

Reviewed by ImWhyTheRumIsGone Review Date: 09/07/2021

Good show, but a bit overrated in my opinion. I'm not sure it's worth the wait if it's a busy day, especially because you might not even get in. Of course the music is great, the acrobatics are impressive, but am I crying like Molly when I get out of the show? No. No, I am not. I'm less sweaty than I was when I got there though so that's something.

Pros:

A/C, music, entertaining for kids

Cons:

long wait, time-consuming

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/06/2021

In a previous review I said that this show was the most overrated in all of Walt Disney World and I stand by that opinion!! I can think of three or four shows that are way better!!! Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular just to name a few

Pros:

It is a cute show!!

Cons:

It is nothing spectacular and I could skip it!!!

Reviewed by lindseyblust Review Date: 06/23/2021

This is my least favorite stage show in Animal Kingdom. I just don't understand why everyone loves it. The music is okay and the parade floats they use look outdated.

Pros:

the monkies air conditioning

Cons:

bench seating weird version of the lion king feels outdated

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions