Reviews of Kilimanjaro Safaris

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/16/2021

This is a great ride! I love how close you get to the animals and how much knowledge is shared by the cast members. My tip is to go early in the morning or later in the evening when it is cool and more animals are active.

Pros:

Great ride, Lots of cool animals, Good learning experience

Cons:

Lines can get supremely long, Animals are not super active in the middle of the day, are more active early or late.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2021

Love this ride! We went on it 3 separate times and got to see different animals

Pros:

Try it different times of the day never the same.

Cons:

If you have ready bad back issues might be an issue.

Reviewed by Jedi Review Date: 09/09/2021

• Not your average ride - This is a safari! There are live animals! Anything can happen and it is a different experience every time!
• Ride time - This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just be aware, that because there are animals walking around, they may decide to stop in the middle of the road like the giraffes decided to do on our safari. We waited 30 minutes for them to get lured away by one of the zookeepers. Honestly, this is so fun to me because we were up close and personal to them. If you reached out, you could have touched them (please don't do that, though)! I can see this interrupting plans after if you have a reservation to make, so make sure you have some wiggle room for this ride. Either way, a giraffe in the road is a pretty cool reason to get hung up for a bit.
• The animals were all out during our ride and we went first thing in the park when it opened. I presume that, as it gets hotter during the day, you see less of them.
• The driver gives you a lot of interesting facts about the animals and even knows about the ones in the park, how they got there, what they like, etc.

Pros:

different experience every time, live animals, informational

Cons:

might take longer than expected

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/21/2021

Love Disney I this attraction because it’s relaxing because
your guide takes you a tour and tells you about animals facts

Pros:

Animals

Cons:

Relaxing

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 07/22/2021

An absolute must-do. I love that it's different every single time depending on the animals, time of day, your driver, etc. I'm honestly blown away by how close we get to some animals with no visible barriers. A true work of imagineering!

Pros:

Amazing sights, the animals, the drivers, feels like you're on a safari in Africa!

Cons:

Sometimes the line can get very long

Reviewed by YodaBest3521 Review Date: 07/06/2021

Everyone should start and end their day with the Safari. First, this is when the animals are most active and each experience is ALWAYS different. Secondly, it really solidifies the vibe of being inside of an Animal Kingdom. Both times we went in the day the cast members were great and the animals are so close to the vehicle. The only downside is that it can get a little bumpy at times. This is a must do!

Pros:

Close to animals, One of a kind experience, Break from walking

Cons:

Bumpy Ride

Reviewed by SondheimGod Review Date: 06/24/2021

This is definitely the park's baby, and it's super clear they love it! A chance to go on Safari here in the US is just amazing and the Savannah is INCREDIBLE with how close you can get to some of these animals. On our last trip, we had a rhino all but nuzzle the car! It was so cool! The one bummer is that the experience is 100% based on the whims of the animals as they are free to live their lives as they see fit (as it should be!) I haven't seen the lions in several years. But add this to your must do list while at AK! And hopefully you will get a safari guide who loves their job! We did it twice on this last visit and had two VERY different cast members. One who LOVED what they were doing and one who was just reciting facts and info.

Pros:

Incredible animal experience. Nothing like it here in the states. Some cast members are VERY knowledgeable and make it a really unique experience.

Cons:

If you go too early in the day or during high afternoon, many animals will be sleeping or hiding from the sun so you might not see a ton.

Reviewed by KevintheSnipe Review Date: 06/19/2021

This is a very fun way to start your day at DAK! I love the re-ride ability of it because there are live animals. It is fun for all ages because of the animals, and it is especially fun because you don’t usually get to get that close to those kinds of animal species. My family shares some great memories on this attraction (especially when we were sitting in the back row of the vehicle and an ostrich started chasing the car) and to me, this is what AK is all about.

Pros:

Fun experience and you get to see some amazing animals up close that you don’t see very often. There is a wonderful cast member tour guide, and they educate you on the different animal species that are on the safari. You see lots of animals in the morning and some different animal species switch out from the morning to the afternoon so you can see a few different animals if you go at different times of the day.

Cons:

Gets some long wait times in the middle of the day.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/13/2021

This was an enjoyable start to the day for our family. Would definitely recommend it as part of your day at Animal Kingdom.

Pros:

Fun to get the feeling of a safari in the theme parks

Cons:

No guaranty of seeing all the animals

Reviewed by LJTombs Review Date: 06/05/2021

A must do when you visit Animal Kingdom. I love going in the morning when more animals are active and you can see the lion doing his daily roars! Given that this attractions deals with live animals, you will find some areas with hiding animals and could be stopped by roaming giraffes (the giraffes thing isn't a con by any means though).

I definitely must start my Animal Kingdom day with a visit to this attraction!

(Last visited May 2021)

Pros:

You get good views of the animals

Cons:

Your time in line can be delayed by crossing animals

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions