Reviews of Kilimanjaro Safaris

Reviewed by AmberStout Review Date: 06/14/2022

This ride depends on your driver! The first time we rode it I would’ve said 10/10 but the second driver was so boring and monotones that I would’ve said 5/10. The animals are fun to see and it gets you off of your feet for about 15 mins.

Pros:

Animals Rest your feet So much fun when you have a great driver

Cons:

Boring drivers suck all the fun out of it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/21/2022

My driver was August and they were literally AMAZING the explanations, and jokes throughout the whole ride was honestly so engaging I begged to go again😂 I just loved the experience and what we got to see was stunning! Thank you so much dudes. (Especially Augest😌)

Pros:

Amazing commentary, learning experience, humor and interactions.

Cons:

People standing up😔

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/29/2022

This is a great opportunity to see tons of animals and learn lots of interesting facts about them, all during a beautiful and relaxing ride throughout the savanna. Molly’s recommendation to hit this attraction early in the morning is spot-on, although I have had some great rides later in the day as well. I know Pandora is amazing and Expedition Everest is great, but THIS is the must-do attraction at Animal Kingdom. By far my favorite ride/attraction at my favorite WDW park.

Pros:

Animals, animal facts, great tour guides, amazing picture/video opportunities, relaxing ride, can be longer than expected (pro if you are on the ride that gets delayed)

Cons:

Can be longer than expected (con if you are waiting in line)

Reviewed by Perkisizing Review Date: 02/11/2022

This is a quintessential Animal Kingdom ride. The fact that this ride educates you and gives you great views of incredible animals is a great experience, and Molly is correct, do this ride early! Best way to catch Lions

Pros:

Great animals, fun, relax, giraffes block your vehicle

Reviewed by MouseHouse36 Review Date: 01/17/2022

This is so much fun to ride!!! So relaxing and I loved getting stopped by a baby rhino in the road.

Pros:

Animals!!!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by BrittS117 Review Date: 11/23/2021

Kilimanjaro Safari was such a great experience! It was amazing getting so close to the animals and such a wonderful change of pace to see animals in wide open areas rather than small enclosures like at most zoos. The safari leaders were able to give us great information and everyone had a good view. The second time we rode the safari there was an animal "traffic jam" for a little bit, giving us even more time to look at the giraffes. Such a treat!

The lines definitely get long, even first thing in the morning, so make sure to make a B line there as soon as you enter the park. A must do at Animal Kingdom!

Pros:

Great up close encounters with the animals

Cons:

Can have long lines

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/16/2021

This is a great ride! I love how close you get to the animals and how much knowledge is shared by the cast members. My tip is to go early in the morning or later in the evening when it is cool and more animals are active.

Pros:

Great ride, Lots of cool animals, Good learning experience

Cons:

Lines can get supremely long, Animals are not super active in the middle of the day, are more active early or late.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2021

Love this ride! We went on it 3 separate times and got to see different animals

Pros:

Try it different times of the day never the same.

Cons:

If you have ready bad back issues might be an issue.

Reviewed by Jedi Review Date: 09/09/2021

• Not your average ride - This is a safari! There are live animals! Anything can happen and it is a different experience every time!
• Ride time - This can be a good thing or a bad thing. Just be aware, that because there are animals walking around, they may decide to stop in the middle of the road like the giraffes decided to do on our safari. We waited 30 minutes for them to get lured away by one of the zookeepers. Honestly, this is so fun to me because we were up close and personal to them. If you reached out, you could have touched them (please don't do that, though)! I can see this interrupting plans after if you have a reservation to make, so make sure you have some wiggle room for this ride. Either way, a giraffe in the road is a pretty cool reason to get hung up for a bit.
• The animals were all out during our ride and we went first thing in the park when it opened. I presume that, as it gets hotter during the day, you see less of them.
• The driver gives you a lot of interesting facts about the animals and even knows about the ones in the park, how they got there, what they like, etc.

Pros:

different experience every time, live animals, informational

Cons:

might take longer than expected

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/21/2021

Love Disney I this attraction because it’s relaxing because
your guide takes you a tour and tells you about animals facts

Pros:

Animals

Cons:

Relaxing

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions