Reviews of Pirates of the Caribbean — WDW

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/03/2021

What an absolutely iconic ride! This is one of my must-do rides in Magic Kingdom. What else can I say about it? Just ride it!

Pros:

Iconic animatronics, fun and historic part of MK

Cons:

Not super thrilling

Reviewed by DisneyMama714 Review Date: 06/23/2021

My son's favorite ride! This is perfect for your pirate fans. Also what is up with the smell of the water in here? It smells like childhood. Best smell! The addition of Redd the pirate is wonderful. She rocks!

Pros:

Slow dark ride perfect for those of us that cannot ride the thrill rides due to health reasons.

Reviewed by tayloranne06 Review Date: 06/17/2021

it was the first ride we rode and i really enjoyed it, jt had a fun drop i wasn’t expecting and made this ride really fun i loved it! the one jack sparrow animatronic looks real!

Pros:

fun ride!

Reviewed by DrSeekersDinoPuppet Review Date: 06/14/2021

The only reasons I give this an 8/10 instead of a perfect score is because 1.) it is not the Disneyland version and 2.) the queue. If you see people snaked through the chains outside the inner queue, RUN THE OTHER WAY. It's hot, slow moving and you are better off coming back when the line has died down.

As far as the attraction itself, it is nearly perfect. I wish there was a little less Jack Sparrow, but it does not detract from the ride. Disney Boat Rides are the best thing about a Disney Park and this one is the Belle of the ball.

Pros:

Boat Ride

Cons:

Line can be LONG if not timed properly.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/12/2021

Enjoyed the different setting throughout and changing effects (including smells)

Pros:

Nice change of pace

Cons:

Slightly scary for younger kids

Reviewed by ShannonMc Review Date: 06/09/2021

Love love love this ride!! Even through all the changes, refurbs, and additions over many years it aims to please. It has a great theme, it has jack sparrow now, it’s a boat ride with a small drop, and it smells awesome in here. Every refurb has brought more joy each time, which can’t be said about all of Disney’s ride changes.

Pros:

Always a pleaser and must do for us. Great photo op, great drop for smaller kids to have a little thrill, and I mean come on now, it’s PIRATES!!

Cons:

May get a little wet from the cannons, can have a long wait time, and may be a little scary for younger kids at the beginning.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/03/2021

It’s A Classic And A Must Do, I do like this ride, But The Disneyland Version Is WAY BETTER, I feel like wdw version is missing a lot of what Disneyland has, which is why I didn’t give it a ten, I would mind if it gets a refurbishment, but still a pretty good ride

Pros:

The Ride Is Fun And The Theming Is Amazing

Cons:

not as good as the Disneyland version

Reviewed by OrangeFigment Review Date: 05/17/2021

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I just don't like this ride. If it is hot out and it is under 15 minute wait, okay, but even then I am riding more to just get into some A/C.

If you like slow moving boat rides, there are many better than this. Splash Mountain, Small World, or hop on the Monorail over to Epcot and ride Living with the Land. If I'm going to wait in line for 45+ minutes I would rather be waiting for Splash than this.

Everyone should ride this at least once just because it is classic Disney, but unless you or someone in your party such as a kiddo loves Pirates I just can't recommend this.

Pros:

Classic Disney, A/C

Cons:

Line is too long for what you get on the ride

Reviewed by DisneyGirl13 Review Date: 04/02/2021

I absolutely love this ride. One of my favorites in the Magic Kingdom. It is such as classic, even though it wasn't a opening day attraction. I love the drop that happens in the beginning! The queue is very immersive, and heavily pirate themed. I absolutely love seeing the Jack Sparrow animatronic! I think he's so cool, and I cannot get the theme song out of my head! It has me singing, " Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me" on and off the ride. A must do for me! Such a fun ride!

Pros:

Classic! Queue is immersive The drop!

Cons:

Wait times can get a bit high Drop, and darkness in some scenes may scare younger kids You might get a bit wet!

Reviewed by AshBake330 Review Date: 03/30/2021

Love this ride! The queue is very immersive. Love seeing Captain Jack Sparrow. Felt there was a lot to see in each scene however the boats moved pretty quickly through. Definitely a must do. Would consider rope dropping due to popularity and increased wait times.

Pros:

Fun boat ride adventure Captain Jack Sparrow

Cons:

Long wait times Moves through the scenes fast Scary at times May get a little wet

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions