Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/13/2021

Yes, yes, yes! This resort is my favorite. I’ve stayed at Caribbean Beach and Riverside as well. French quarter is amazing. It is so serene. The size is perfect. The boat to Disney Springs is the icing on the cake. I will gladly wait as long as I need to in order to stay here.

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

My Spouse and I honeymooned at Port Orleans French Quarter in September of 2019. We couldn't have picked a better place for us at the time! We absolutely loved the feel and vibe of the resort. It was super quiet, the room was immaculate, and in the evening you could smell the honeysuckle and other flowers on the boats to Disney Springs. THE ONLY problem we had was that the busses took forever (which we knew well in advance this would be the case and planned accordingly). I think this resort is PERFECT for adults only trips as there were very few small kids while we were there.

Pros:

Quiet, few small kids, smells and looks gorgeous. MICKEY BEINGETS and BOOZY BEINGETS! Jazz music!

Cons:

pretty far from parks, bus ride takes a long time, sometimes have to wait for an empty bus to or from park.

Reviewed by jrgunther Review Date: 08/30/2021

Been to this resort many times. The size is perfect. Quiet, relaxing and easy to navigate. The boat to Disney Springs is a huge plus.Like hanging out at the pool and the pool bar. Enjoy Scat Cats.

Pros:

Size. Atmosphere. Boat Access.

Cons:

Sometimes the food court is a biy iffy with their selections.

Reviewed by disneymama002 Review Date: 05/28/2021

Let me tell you about my favorite resort. There is nothing better than coming back to your resort after a long, busy (tiring) day in WDW and enjoying the peacefulness of your resort. Sure, the deluxe resorts have some fancy bells and whistles but they are crowded and loud! Port Orleans French Quarter has this amazing, chill vibe that just makes you feel at home. It's the smallest WDW resort which makes it less busy and you won't be walking miles to your room. The theming is so immersive, it really felt like we were in a jazzy, hip little town with friendly neighbors. The quick service location does not disappoint and not to mention beignets for breakfast every day?! Yes, please! The resort also offers many amenities and activities. We love the access to the river boat that we took to Disney Springs. It was a relaxing and scenic ride.

Pros:

Small, quiet, immersive theming, excellent food choices, easily accessible amenities

Cons:

... none!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2021

Absolutely loved this resort when we stayed in 2019. The theming is very good but not too in your face. The size of the resort was a nice size so never too far away from anything. The boats to Disney Springs was very relaxing and a nice change to the buses. We all enjoyed the food, with plenty of selection, and only a 10 minute stroll to Riverside too. My only complaint was you could hear the toilet in the room above being flushed, but not the actual people staying in the room

Pros:

Size, river boats, relaxing, great pool.

Cons:

Noisy toilets 🙂

Reviewed by pammiedeneen Review Date: 04/26/2021

My favorite place to stay!! Smaller than the other resorts, wonderful theming, beignets (of course). Nice walk to her sister resort Riverside.

Pros:

Beignets!!!! Theming, Scat Cats.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by Lizard1515 Review Date: 04/25/2021

We stayed here in 2014 and we loved it. The only downside was the food was just okay (even the beignets). We loved the pool bar and the theming of the resort was so well done! The pool area was super cute and the boat to Disney Springs really came in handy! If you are a family who loves to end your days at DS this is a great pick for you!

Pros:

Boat to DS, great pool, awesome theming

Cons:

food was just okay

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Pros:

Small hotel - cool Theming

Cons:

Lobby is kinda tacky

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2021

I’m not sure what it is about Disney and New Orleans but they belong together. The look and feel of this resort is great, the food is great, the beignets are great and the pool slide is short but very cool. Not only does this resort look nice it is also the only small Moderate Resort in Disney World so the buses going to the parks are never crazy crowded. The Sasagoola river runs along the back end of the resort where you can take a boat to Riverside or Disney Springs. The location of this resort is also great. It’s a short bus ride to everything. Even Magic Kingdom isn’t too far away.

Pros:

Great Location, small resort, amazing theming, boat ride away from Disney Springs, not over crowded buses

Cons:

The only moderate resort without a table service restaurant

Reviewed by SaucyB77 Review Date: 02/25/2021

I haven't stayed in every resort, or even the majority of them, but I absolutely adore this resort and don't really want to. The size is perfect - Even the 'furthest' room from everything isn't that far away. I have stayed there with family and just adults a few times and have had a blast each and every time. Highly recommended if you are looking for a quiet, smaller resort.

Pros:

Size, low noise levels, cute pool area, good quick service food options.

Cons:

The only con I've experienced was at their 'grill' Waited over thirty minutes twice for grilled cheese and chicken tenders for the kids. Not a great experience.