Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_po.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/06/2020

This hotel is small and easy to get around so you don't have to walk far to the lobby.

Pros:

It is small and you can walk to riverside if you want

Cons:

no cons

Reviewed by jlfuqua2 Review Date: 02/04/2020

I can't say enough positive things about this resort. Rooms were clean and updated, the grounds were quaint and charming, and only one bus stop. The only negative is the quick service. It's very small, and there aren't many options to choose from. I would go over to Riverside where there are many more options. 100% recommend for couples and solo travelers as the resort is small and you don't have to walk far from anything at the resort.

Pros:

Resort size

Cons:

Quick service

Reviewed by jessicacritch Review Date: 01/26/2020

This is my all-time favorite Disney World Resort Hotel! My family went there one year because it was on the cheaper end of the resorts and we have yet to go anywhere else! The overall atmosphere is amazing! The rooms are a bit on the smaller side and has 'motel'-like buildings. They have one quick-service with some Louisiana-inspired dishes, but they're simple. The beignets are awesome! Everyone there is incredibly friendly and the resort is just gorgeous! The boat is also very helpful for an easy nigh at Disney Springs, if you'd like. It's not as crowded as other resorts and you usually don't have a long walking distance from the bus stop/lobby. There's even a horse-drawn carriage that goes around the resort throughout the day! I always love staying here and actually prefer it over some deluxe resorts.

Pros:

Price, Appearance, Bus System, Boat to Disney Springs, Fun activities, Very Quiet, Relaxing

Cons:

No Boat/Monorail to Parks, Distance, Small Rooms

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 01/04/2020

My favorite on property because of its size. Our room was extremely far away this year which was unfortunate, but was still not a terrible walk to the main building as opposed to much larger resorts you can stay at. We stayed here the first week of December 2019. Check in was very friendly - we had an issue with Biergarten taking off 11 credits for one meal on our dining plan and the front desk fixed this for us.

Pros:

Small size, accommodating front desk

Cons:

Bus shares with Riverside for Animal Kingdom

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/06/2019

POR is our favorite place to stay....Molly did a great job describing the amenities. The first time we came to Disneyworld (25 years ago) we stayed at French Quarter which is also fun.

Pros:

Laid back atmosphere with good food. A very central location, easily accessible to theme parks and shopping.

Cons:

None. POR is hard to get for December vacations.....we have to get reservations in February, and of course, pay rack room rates. You can tell Molly is doing a great job "selling" POR & FQ.

Reviewed by MariaS1964 Review Date: 06/19/2019

In my opinion, this is the best moderate resort to stay at. It is small, has only one bus stop, is close to Disney Springs and has beautiful grounds.

Pros:

Small resort, one bus stop, can take the boat to Disney Springs, gorgeous property.

Reviewed by mulanmom Review Date: 04/25/2019

This was our family HOME resort for more than 10 yrs for all the reasons listed in the article and more including the food court itself, seeing the same cast members every year especially Arneil, the names of the streets, the fountains, the cobblestones, the boats, the gift shop. Unfortunately, unless things have changed, POFQ either did not participate in many of the Disney discounts and even if they did, the percentage off was always the lowest offer. We were told that this was due to the fact that the resort is small, always full, and so did not need to offer discounts. When the food court was in the process of refurbishment about 3 or 4 years ago, the temporary replacement area was poorly designed adding to our growing disappointment. That same year we were further disappointed by the removal of alarm clocks in the rooms and being placed in a handicapped room which did not suit our family needs at all. Our fault for not requesting a different room. The food court was so festive and pleasant. I have seen pictures of the refurb and again I am disappointed to see that most of the Mardi Gras props are gone. Again we were told that the masks were "too scary" for some children. Another disappointment was that we were unaware for 2 or 3 years that the room rates had become based on a tiered system. We had always requested a particular building and a standard room. A reservation agent finally told us that the buildings we always loved were no longer considered standard. Two years ago we decided to try a value resort to take advantage of special offers. I knew I would be unhappy but I was very pleasantly surprised. The service level is different, the resort is much larger and the room is smaller but we have made out just fine. I hope to stay at POFQ again but not in the near future for all the reasons stated.

Pros:

Theming, cast members, architecture, food court, small size, pool, one bus stop

Cons:

Does not participate fully in all discounts, becoming more generic like so much at WDW

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is my absolute favorite resort and that was confirmed after my trip earlier this month. I got to meet Shelly the delightful bartender after seeing many of her posts on Facebook. Then I saw Tim who actually remembered me from my trip last year. All the CMs are extremely friendly and they all smile and greet you all the time.

Pros:

Love the small size and the boat to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Only con is that it's difficult to get a reservation.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2019

Friendlier service than the deluxe resorts

Pros:

Value and location

Reviewed by Dreamer Review Date: 04/24/2019

We have stayed at POR multiple times, but our recent trip was our first stay at POFQ. We loved it!! We may not go back to POR now. The resort is small and walkable. Everything was so convenient. My son loved the food court and the Mickey beignets. The rooms had been recently renovated which was wonderful. No carpet--I love this. A fabulous stay.

Pros:

Small size Good food court

Cons:

No table service restaurant