Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2021

Absolutely loved this resort when we stayed in 2019. The theming is very good but not too in your face. The size of the resort was a nice size so never too far away from anything. The boats to Disney Springs was very relaxing and a nice change to the buses. We all enjoyed the food, with plenty of selection, and only a 10 minute stroll to Riverside too. My only complaint was you could hear the toilet in the room above being flushed, but not the actual people staying in the room

Pros:

Size, river boats, relaxing, great pool.

Cons:

Noisy toilets 🙂

Reviewed by pammiedeneen Review Date: 04/26/2021

My favorite place to stay!! Smaller than the other resorts, wonderful theming, beignets (of course). Nice walk to her sister resort Riverside.

Pros:

Beignets!!!! Theming, Scat Cats.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by Lizard1515 Review Date: 04/25/2021

We stayed here in 2014 and we loved it. The only downside was the food was just okay (even the beignets). We loved the pool bar and the theming of the resort was so well done! The pool area was super cute and the boat to Disney Springs really came in handy! If you are a family who loves to end your days at DS this is a great pick for you!

Pros:

Boat to DS, great pool, awesome theming

Cons:

food was just okay

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Pros:

Small hotel - cool Theming

Cons:

Lobby is kinda tacky

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2021

I’m not sure what it is about Disney and New Orleans but they belong together. The look and feel of this resort is great, the food is great, the beignets are great and the pool slide is short but very cool. Not only does this resort look nice it is also the only small Moderate Resort in Disney World so the buses going to the parks are never crazy crowded. The Sasagoola river runs along the back end of the resort where you can take a boat to Riverside or Disney Springs. The location of this resort is also great. It’s a short bus ride to everything. Even Magic Kingdom isn’t too far away.

Pros:

Great Location, small resort, amazing theming, boat ride away from Disney Springs, not over crowded buses

Cons:

The only moderate resort without a table service restaurant

Reviewed by SaucyB77 Review Date: 02/25/2021

I haven't stayed in every resort, or even the majority of them, but I absolutely adore this resort and don't really want to. The size is perfect - Even the 'furthest' room from everything isn't that far away. I have stayed there with family and just adults a few times and have had a blast each and every time. Highly recommended if you are looking for a quiet, smaller resort.

Pros:

Size, low noise levels, cute pool area, good quick service food options.

Cons:

The only con I've experienced was at their 'grill' Waited over thirty minutes twice for grilled cheese and chicken tenders for the kids. Not a great experience.

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/10/2021

I love this resort. The theming is fantastic and it's so beautiful. It is close to Disney Springs, and the boat ride is very nice there. It is not too big. Easy to walk around. If you have kids, they will like the pool.

Pros:

Pool. Theming. Good quick service.

Cons:

Bus stops sometimes merge with Riverside and can be a long drive. Otherwise, no really big tun-offs. Great resort.

Reviewed by OpalFrootz Review Date: 01/27/2021

I had a wonderful time at this resort. The workers were always so kind to my family, and I loved that it was quiet on a night time, when I just wanted to collapse in my bed. Another good thing was the fact it was such a small resort, so there was only one bus stop and therefore most travel was much quicker than when you stay at larger resorts with multiple stops. One MAJOR plus is the boat taxi to Disney Springs, which was always such a lovely activity. The food court is pretty good, some of the food is so-so, but if you grab the beignets or the jambalaya, you're in for a treat! Also I love the theming and the music played throughout the resort.

Pros:

Very small, quiet on a night time, easy food location with child-friendly food available.

Cons:

No sit down restaurant in addition to food court

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2020

Absolutely the best resort we have stayed in at WDW. The atmosphere the ease of transportation to the parks. The rooms were beautiful much nicer rooms than we had at wilderness lodge. The price as a moderate is low when the accommodations are more luxurious than some of the luxury resorts

Pros:

The entire atmosphere and cleanliness of the entire resort

Cons:

None come to mind

Reviewed by Corinnas Review Date: 12/07/2020

We enjoyed staying at the French Quarter. The room was very nice and clean and the service you get from any of the resorts is top notch in my opinion. The pool and slide are fun. And the beignets are delicious.

Pros:

Beignets Pool and slide Activities

Cons:

Not staying in a preferred pool room.