Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/05/2022

Average room with mini fridge and poor air conditioner. Overpriced

Pros:

Bus service to parks.

Cons:

No grocery store. Every other day housekeeping. Noisy

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/02/2022

At first I thought we would love this hotel for the beignets and the theme and price, but the lines at the bus stop are really long and people get snappy about who got there first (which I have never experienced in all of WDW over nearly a dozen stays now at various places.) We went to concierge and upgraded to a resort we usually stay at to get away from the crankiness. This resort is still too far from the parks for me. I felt trapped in the parks because I couldnt just monorail or walk back to our room when we needed to. If you stay here, be prepared to rideshare to the parks and back if you want to get there quickly. Sassagoula was okay, and the resort is saved by the beignets. Rooms were kinda just okay. There was a huge makeup stain on my sheets, and the beds are very hard. I am not a fan.
This might be a better hotel if you want something nicer than a value and I'm sure Disney pool fans will enjoy the pool. I did like how unique the resort was with its colors. But the bus only transportation and the behavior around it is a dealbreaker.

Pros:

Beignets, affordable quick service, small size, easy to navigate.

Cons:

Buses as only transport, sheets not as clean as I am used to, beds are hard.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/18/2020

WORST HOTEL EVER! We arrived into a room with WET carpet! Ugh! There was mold on the vents...GROSS. Sprinkler system on ceiling was caked in cob webs. Employees sitting at guest tables outside complaining about their jobs. A guest at the pool at her Chihuahua with her. No manager on site to complain to. Had to call guest relations. Had a so called "manager" tell us 3 sperate times our room was cleaned/fixed but nothing ever changed. My husband finally went to front desk and was told "Well, this isn't a deluxe resort". But dirty and moldy?

Pros:

Great food and pool.

Cons:

Everything else. Geared more towards non-family guests who want to a place to get trashed. Sad to call it Disney

Reviewed by carsmom Review Date: 12/07/2016

My family stayed at POFQ at the end of November. I have stayed at value, moderates and deluxe levels. This was the first time at French Quarter and my last. The rooms are in sad need of repair. Furniture is old and worn. Rooms are outdated. We arrived the evening of the re-opening of the food court. What a disappointment. It is small with very limited choices. I kept wishing we were at Pop Century over this place. The Front Desk staff was not helpful and disinterested. The boat to Disney Springs was great but the boat captain was rude and hateful. We had to wait over 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot one morning. The line stretched all the way to the main building. The trip itself was great but the resort was not. Will not be returning.

Pros:

quiet, clean

Cons:

rooms, food court, bus service

Reviewed by fluffy30 Review Date: 03/29/2016

Was looking forward to our three night stay here (Mar 19-22) following a week at Saratoga Springs but was sadly disappointed. We stayed in building 7 which was the furthest from the lobby, pool, food court and bus stop, but it was still only a 5-7 min. walk to the main areas.
Liked the small size and the room was fine although the bathroom is very compact. Parking was close to each of the buildings. That's about it for pros to this resort. The food was terrible both at breakfast and the one dinner we had. Service was so slow and ordering chaotic. Had to go to different windows to order food then get a pager from each one and pay at the cashier. Our sandwiches got cold while waiting 10 min. for our kids burgers. The drink refill area was dirty and the straw dispenser just filthy. The pool area was very crowded and the kids found the slide too small. They did enjoy the water play area. I thought the children's activity leaders to be a bit snippy with the kids and the greeter at the door to the lobby was rude. He actually scolded my six year old for asking for a plastic coin. He seemed much more interested in engaging with the adult guests. This was the 15th Disney resort we have stayed at (I'm trying to get to them all) and my least favourite so far. We did go over to Riverside and enjoyed pizza for lunch one day and checked out the pool. We may try there next time. I think French Quarter may be better suited to couples and adults but for families it really misses the mark.

Pros:

Small resort. parking

Cons:

Food court, staff

Reviewed by Cheyru Review Date: 12/14/2015

A Motel 6 range hotel. The hotel is old and it shows. The walls were dirty and needed cleaning with soap and white vinegar. TV remote did not work, they dropped off batteries the first night, did not work, second night dropped off remote but did not come it to try to see if it worked. Finally gave up and went to bed. Last morning figured out you have to point remote at right corner to get it to work. Over all musty old smell. Elevators only one per building, had to walk to back and then front again if room was on the other end. Old also. Nothing special about the room for the price you pay. They lost my scooter and I had to wait until it just appeared in front as if by magic. With other problems in the park, regarding scooter use and other issues will never visit Disney again unless someone else pays for everything and that might make up for the money ill spent.

Pros:

Pool, VIP service for unscented bedding.

Cons:

Room Dirty, broken TV, customer service attitude. elevators

Reviewed by stareena Review Date: 05/23/2022

First time at WDW and I was expecting to never sleep because of the expected noise in the resort. Imagine my surprise when our resort is quieter than where I live (and I live in a rural town in upstate SC). We were in building 1 which is the furthest from the bus stop, so my disabled mother and I drove closer in the parking lot and took the bus into the parks daily (we had requested closer accommodations but our travel agent never contacted Disney about them, so I can\\'t slight the resort for putting us so very far away from the bus stop). We did take the boat back from Disney Springs one evening and it was lovely. Very quiet, very clean, and MICKEY BEINGETS TILL 11 PM DAILY! What more do you need?!

Pros:

QUIET! Clean, very convenient transportation options for in bubble locations, excellent for adults or older kids

Cons:

limited options for food, could never find an ice machine (more user error than anything)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/11/2022

Best stay in Disney!

Pros:

Very easy resort to walk around and lovely accommodations.

Cons:

Housekeeping wasn’t the best

Reviewed by MouseShapedSnacker Review Date: 03/20/2022

POFQ is my favorite WDW resort, hands down. I have stayed here many times and have always had a magical experience. The resort is beautiful, quiet, (for a WDW resort) and full of lots of amenities for a moderate resort. The rooms are comfy and have lots of storage. The food options are excellent on site- HELLO BEIGNETS- and there are even more food options a short boat ride away at Disney Springs. The pool is a great place to spend a hot afternoon. With a slide, splash pad, and a pool bar, everyone in has something to do! POFQ is the BEST!

Pros:

Comfy rooms, excellent pool, great food options, close to Disney Springs. Transportation to parks is usually pretty fast. Great resort for families.

Cons:

Close to Disney Springs, but not any parks.

Reviewed by Robbielou64 Review Date: 03/01/2022

Fantastic moderate resort with the feel of a deluxe resort. I stayed there for the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my two sisters and two nieces. The resort is smaller which makes it more intimate. Beautiful theming and our river view rooms were fabulous. Beignets were AMAZING at Scat Cats Lounge. Quick service meals were good too. I would highly recommend this resort.

Pros:

Mickey Beignets! Smaller resort on waterfront. Short walks to transportation, food, and lobby.

Cons:

Transportation as there is only one bus stop and waits can be long. Hospitality...no cleaning of rooms during a four night stay.