Reviews of Port Orleans French Quarter (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by stareena Review Date: 05/23/2022

First time at WDW and I was expecting to never sleep because of the expected noise in the resort. Imagine my surprise when our resort is quieter than where I live (and I live in a rural town in upstate SC). We were in building 1 which is the furthest from the bus stop, so my disabled mother and I drove closer in the parking lot and took the bus into the parks daily (we had requested closer accommodations but our travel agent never contacted Disney about them, so I can\\'t slight the resort for putting us so very far away from the bus stop). We did take the boat back from Disney Springs one evening and it was lovely. Very quiet, very clean, and MICKEY BEINGETS TILL 11 PM DAILY! What more do you need?!

Pros:

QUIET! Clean, very convenient transportation options for in bubble locations, excellent for adults or older kids

Cons:

limited options for food, could never find an ice machine (more user error than anything)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/11/2022

Best stay in Disney!

Pros:

Very easy resort to walk around and lovely accommodations.

Cons:

Housekeeping wasn’t the best

Reviewed by Robbielou64 Review Date: 03/01/2022

Fantastic moderate resort with the feel of a deluxe resort. I stayed there for the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my two sisters and two nieces. The resort is smaller which makes it more intimate. Beautiful theming and our river view rooms were fabulous. Beignets were AMAZING at Scat Cats Lounge. Quick service meals were good too. I would highly recommend this resort.

Pros:

Mickey Beignets! Smaller resort on waterfront. Short walks to transportation, food, and lobby.

Cons:

Transportation as there is only one bus stop and waits can be long. Hospitality...no cleaning of rooms during a four night stay.

Reviewed by MFeist Review Date: 03/01/2022

We loved this resort. It’s nice and small so everything feels nearby. We had a River view room and it was so nice and peaceful to walk out of the room and have that view.

Pros:

Boat to Disney Springs, small resort so nothing feels like it’s miles away

Cons:

Cafeteria was small and sometimes was pretty crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/20/2022

I just got back from a one week stay at the French Quarter. I absolutely loved the theme, and I enjoyed the smaller resort feel. The pool, lobby, restaurants, and bus stops are all nearby. Yes, you are limited to buses if you want to go to the parks, but I never had any issue with them. I managed to get on a bus pretty quickly every time I needed to get anywhere, and everyone was polite and ready to have a good magical time. Housekeeping was sadly lacking, but I suspect that's across all DW resorts. Beignets and chicory coffee are the perfect combination. If you want a sit-down restaurant, you need to go to Riverside, but the "grab-and-go" food court was more than adequate for me. The food court had your typical DW/theme park food, but also gumbo and jambalaya for the French Quarter theme. All in all, a great experience.

Pros:

Size. Bus transportation. Scat Cat's Cafe and Lounge. Theme.

Cons:

Housekeeping. Bus transportation.

Reviewed by Mariet Review Date: 02/15/2022

I have stayed at this resort several times and really love it. I like that it is not large and is easy to get around, especially after a long day at a park. It is a nice walk over to the Port Orleans Riverside, which takes us about 10 minutes. I also like the boat that goes to Disney Springs. I look forward to going back sometime!

Pros:

Small resort. Beautiful grounds. Friendly Castmembers.

Reviewed by Biscuits247 Review Date: 12/06/2021

The last time we went, we ended our vacation with BEIGNETS!! We love the theming and food. The pool is great! The property is quiet and peaceful.

Pros:

Pretty much everything.

Cons:

Rooms are ok.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/13/2021

Yes, yes, yes! This resort is my favorite. I’ve stayed at Caribbean Beach and Riverside as well. French quarter is amazing. It is so serene. The size is perfect. The boat to Disney Springs is the icing on the cake. I will gladly wait as long as I need to in order to stay here.

Reviewed by jrgunther Review Date: 08/30/2021

Been to this resort many times. The size is perfect. Quiet, relaxing and easy to navigate. The boat to Disney Springs is a huge plus.Like hanging out at the pool and the pool bar. Enjoy Scat Cats.

Pros:

Size. Atmosphere. Boat Access.

Cons:

Sometimes the food court is a biy iffy with their selections.

Reviewed by DisneyMama2RachelK Review Date: 05/28/2021

Let me tell you about my favorite resort. There is nothing better than coming back to your resort after a long, busy (tiring) day in WDW and enjoying the peacefulness of your resort. Sure, the deluxe resorts have some fancy bells and whistles but they are crowded and loud! Port Orleans French Quarter has this amazing, chill vibe that just makes you feel at home. It's the smallest WDW resort which makes it less busy and you won't be walking miles to your room. The theming is so immersive, it really felt like we were in a jazzy, hip little town with friendly neighbors. The quick service location does not disappoint and not to mention beignets for breakfast every day?! Yes, please! The resort also offers many amenities and activities. We love the access to the river boat that we took to Disney Springs. It was a relaxing and scenic ride.

Pros:

Small, quiet, immersive theming, excellent food choices, easily accessible amenities

Cons:

... none!