Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by AKVHutch Review Date: 01/13/2021

We have stayed here a dozen times. We have stayed in Studios (value, standard, savanna, club) and 1 bedroom (value, savanna, club). This is one of my 2 most favorite DVC resorts. The hotel is wonderfully put together. As long as everything is not locked down or closed, there is so much going on here that you can have a great vacation without ever leaving the resort. They have 2 of the best restaurants, the best quick service, an excellent pool bar, and a great wine bar. The gift shop is also one of the best and certainly has a lot of unusual items that you can find nowhere else on Disney property.
We have always found the rooms to be clean. At odd times, we have felt that perhaps mousekeeping were somewhat less than normal, but not often enough to cause concern.
The studios are good size
The 1 bedrooms are a great size and well done. Only thing is that there isn't a separate shower.

Pros:

Good, clean, comfortable rooms. Good views, especially with a savanna room. Excellent eateries.

Cons:

Right now, the problem is that nothing is open. You have to go to Kidani to get anything.

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 01/12/2021

One of the best resorts on property and one of my personal favorites. Jambo House offers great food, activities, and all kinds of animals right outside your window. The rooms are well themed, spacious, and obviously well cared for. My most recent stay was January 2021 and with COVID most offerings were closed but that did not detract from the overall beauty of this gorgeous property (and the Mara was open for breakfast so you could still get Zebra Domes). The only detractor is that you must take a bus everywhere as opposed to alternative modes of transportation being offered at most other resorts.

Pros:

Theming, Animals, Food

Cons:

Buses as the only transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/29/2020

This is one of the best hotels in Disney World, I've stayed in. The pool was awesome, also the room. It has lots of details, it's beautiful, and I love it. I stayed, in a room with Savanna View, awesome.

Pros:

pool, bedroom, decorations.

Cons:

if you can't get savanna view

Reviewed by Snooganz Review Date: 12/08/2020

Amazing resort! Love it here!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Savana view rooms, Amazing foods!

Cons:

If you cant get a savannah side room 🙁

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/17/2020

I went to this resort. As I entered, I saw the most detailed hotel I have ever stayed in. It was great, I stayed in the 1 bedroom villa. It was really nice and I loved it! The pool was awesome, the slide was fun, and there was an arcade! So cool I totally recommend it!

Pros:

Big Pool, Beautiful Rooms, Detailed hotel

Cons:

i dont have any cons.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/01/2020

Gorgeous resort, beautiful lobby, beautiful rooms, love getting to see the animals right outside. It’s a very unique resort. The theming is fantastic and there’s not else like it. My absolute favorite resort.

Pros:

Unique, animals, theming, gorgeous resort all around, great food, huge gift shop.

Cons:

Far from everything except animal kingdom park.

Reviewed by salejune Review Date: 03/26/2020

I love this resort. The animals are amazing, the views are spectacular, if you are able to get a savanna view. Simply amazing!

Pros:

The lobby is gorgeous, the food is amazing as well. You feel like you are in the midst of Africa

Cons:

This resort is the furthest away from all the parks except for Animal Kingdom. Would love to see different transportation options - Gondola?

Reviewed by skipperina Review Date: 03/18/2020

Absolutely magical! Exceeded all of my expectations!

Pros:

The atmosphere is amazing, friendly cast members, seeing giraffes and zebras from your balcony, the buses were great! We never waited long and I didn’t find the bus rides longer than any other resort. I also loved the gift shop and the pool.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/30/2020

I love all the quirks of this hotel, and love how cool the rooms look.Im the type of

Pros:

Amazing restaurants, and pool!

Cons:

It can get a pretty pricy

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/30/2020

I love all the quirks of this hotel, and love how cool the rooms look.In the type of person that likes modern hotels but for this hotel I can certainly make an exception

Pros:

Amazing restaurants, and pool!

Cons:

It can get a pretty pricy