Reviews of Old Key West Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club Property located in the Disney Springs resort area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_okw.htm

Reviewed by IMADisneyFreak Review Date: 07/21/2020

We stayed at the resort in June of 2017. We had a group of six and based on the reviews of available Disney resorts that can accommodate a group that size we knew OKW was the best option. And it didn't disappoint! We had a two bedroom villa which offers a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. The size of the resort may be the only draw back so plan on doing a lot of walking, otherwise you could be waiting for a bus the majority of the time. We learned quickly when returning to the resort after a day at the parks to get off the bus at the first stop (Peninsular Road) and take a 5 to 10 minute walk back to our room near the Miller's Rd bus stop which was always the last stop on the bus route before it left the resort. Otherwise we would have spent 20 minutes on the bus within the resort before getting to our room.

Overall the resort is fantastic. Although there is not a food court we thought that the breakfast at Goods Food To Go was just what we needed as we made our way out to the parks. But we did not have a chance to eat at Olivia's so it will be something for us to do on a future trip to Disney. And we enjoyed being able to take a boat ride over to Disney Springs to do some shopping!

Pros:

The size of the rooms and how close the resort is to Disney Springs.

Cons:

The size of the resort and the bus route within the resort.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/07/2020

This resort is gorgeous and very relaxing, the rooms are also generally bigger for the price

Pros:

Large rooms, gorgeous setting, lots of stuff to do (I was there for Easter so we participated in holiday activities), relaxing

Cons:

Mostly bus transportation

Reviewed by castledis Review Date: 07/06/2020

We stayed here November 2019 in a deluxe studio on the first floor. The room was really nice, very big and comfortable. However, I wanted some ice late at night and discovered that the only ice machines were located at either the bus stop or the pool which were far away from the building that our room was located. There is not a food court at this resort and there is a small food service area outside (seating is also outside) at Good's Food To Go, the food was not great. There is a bar Gurgling Suitcase, which is quite small but the service was good, had great drinks, and some good food. We did not eat at Olivia's Cafe but I have heard great things about this restaurant which uses 1 table service on the Dining Plan. This resort was very big and had to take an internal bus to transport within resort. It also took a very long time to get out of this resort to head to the parks or Disney Springs. I will probably never stay at this resort again.

Pros:

Nice and spacious room.

Cons:

No food court, food was not very good at Good's Food To Go, and transportation took to long within the resort and traveling to the parks and Disney Springs

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 12/27/2019

My husband & I traveled Thanksgiving week with our 3 young adult children, a family friend, and a 10 month old infant. We booked a 2 bedroom villa @ OKW - our 1st stay in a villa. It was beautiful, clean, spacious and perfect for our group. We really enjoyed the boat transportation to Disney Springs. The bus service to the parks was wonderful - we never waited more than 15-20 minutes & there was always room on the bus for us. There were drawbacks to this resort, though. OKW is very close to the highway & we could both see & hear traffic from our balcony. Not a tragedy, but we didn't feel immersed in magic. We were in the Turtle Pond area at the back. I'm a walker, but would not have attempted to drag luggage all the way to the hospitality house. Bell services did a great job - it was just an extra layer to call & then wait for this service, and to stand in line to retrieve bags again @ the bell services station. There was a quiet pool & snack/refill station next to our villa, though the refill station was never open when we were at the resort. We had requested Magical Express w/our booking. The ride to Disney from the airport was great, but somehow OKW seemed to have no idea we were returning. When we left there was no room on a bus and they called an ordinary cab (& paid for it, though we tipped). This was only a minor disappointment, but we would have preferred ending our trip on a Magical note. The service @ OKW was always friendly, however, & we understand that it was a very busy week. BTW, I noticed a WDW room discount offer several weeks after we had booked. I called & asked if they would honor it & they did! Overall our stay was a mixed bag - we like the Port Orleans resort area better, but really enjoyed the spacious villa @ OKW.

Pros:

Spacious villas, boat to Disney Springs

Cons:

Huge resort

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

I love this resort because it is my Home Resort and everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Pros:

I like being able to park in front of my room and not have to carry luggage down a hallway. I enjoy taking the boat to Disney Springs. Lobby is usually not crowded to ask questions and get info.

Cons:

Bus goes around to 5 stops because of the size of the resort, but you can always request a bldg near bus stop.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We are a family of four who came over from England and used the dining plan. We really liked the hotel itself but we found the quick service options very limited and there were a lot of wasps round the area were you filled up your refillable mugs and only out door seating.

Pros:

Nice clean room and friendly staff nice pool area

Cons:

Limited quick sevice.

Reviewed by JaeB Review Date: 04/17/2019

Old Key West is by far my favorite resort. I love the deep of the resort and how convenient it is to everything. Plenty for kids to do. Our favorite area is Turtle Pond

Pros:

Spacious rooms, parking at your building, close bus stops, ferry ride to Disney Springs, and a wonderful main pool with great stuff for kids. Gorgeous views!

Cons:

Studios are more suitable for 4 people. Beds are very big, so if space is what you need, opt for a 1+ bedroom. Balconies are small.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2018

This was the first time we stayed at old key west. Every thing was perfect. Rooms are large and everyone was friendly. This

Pros:

Quiet. Large rooms

Cons:

Food area was small

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Wass a long trip from checking in to get to our room. Rooms are very large but dark, our room had trees outside so balcony was in the shade. Liked takin the boat to Disney springs.

Pros:

large rooms

Cons:

wait time for buses

Reviewed by scott leary Review Date: 09/28/2018

stayed there for 9 nites . arrived the Tuesday after hurricane Irene . Even after the storm , cast members were AWESOME ! our room was ready and clean . we love OKW because it is quiet . we were at turtle pond ( great location ) it was close to bus stop and pool .

Pros:

1. it’s quiet 2. always friendly cast members 3. peaceful boat ride to Disney springs

Cons:

none!