Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit:: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/30/2019

We stayed here 12/27-12/29. New lobby in the tower is beautiful. Room in Cabanas was very nice. I love the new upgrades like the shower and the overall use of space. Beds were comfortable. We have also stayed at POFQ and the room at Coronado has a more upscale feel to it. The biggest negative to us was the bus transportation. There are four stops and the bus may be crowded. The buses seemed very slow at this resort especially with it being the busy holiday season. We waited for a Magic Kingdom bus for over thirty minutes with the time on the app continuing to be pushed back later and later. Busses to all other destinations came by twice. When the third Epcot bus came, we informed the driver who called dispatch for a MK bus. We decided to get on Epcot bus and switch to monorail to MK as we were just tired of waiting. Although room upgrades are nice, the transportation was a detractor for this resort. We will be staying in the tower at a future date, so maybe this was a bad weekend. We will see. For now I think French Quarter may be our preferred moderate.

Pros:

Nice room upgrades and use of space.

Cons:

Transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

Probably theleast \"Disney\" resort on the grounds. Full of convention folks and has some of the worst dining around. The main pool is great but very hard to get to as it is far from most rooms. Thumbs down!!

Pros:

Good main pool

Cons:

impersonal, non-Disney, tough check-in

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2019

Our Go To Resort! We always flip a coin on which moderate we are staying at...and even if Coronado doesn't win, we end up staying there anyway! Queen sized beds, spacious rooms, excellent bars...When our kids were younger we would have picked either Caribbean Beach or one of the Value Resorts...but now that we are the \"kids\" we stay here every time! Never disappoints!

Pros:

Too many to list...everything from the staff, the food, the beautiful grounds

Cons:

Cannot think of any cons, even though we do so much walking in the parks it isn't unusual for us to go back to the resort during the day, hang out at the pool, nap, and walk around the grounds, yes more walking HAHAH

Reviewed by dianeccole Review Date: 10/30/2019

Our first stay at CSR and we absolutely fell in love with it. We were in building 5 casitas great location near bus stop 2 and the quiet pool. Easy walk to centro, dig site pool and destino tower. Our new favourite moderate, so relaxed and scenic for adults. Quick service was great and the Toledo restaurant in destino was fabulous. So popular we can’t get in next year!

Pros:

Everything! Hard to fault

Cons:

Storage in our room was insufficient even for just two adults. Had to use second bed as horizontal wardrobe. Needs some thought more drawers would help.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/22/2019

I stayed at Coronado Springs last fall and enjoyed the resort very much. The Gran Destino Tower was near completion then and I was able to check it out during my August vacation. Our destination was Toledo, the restaurant on the 15th floor. The place was breathtaking-the ceiling was beautiful. The staff was friendly and attentive and our dinner was terrific. Our drinks were unusual and tasty. We enjoyed the filet and scallops and the desserts were yummy. This was a wonderful dinner and when we were done we visited other areas of the Tower-really lovely. The lobby lanterns display was striking. The Tower is worth a visit and so is dinner at Toledo.

Pros:

Gran Destino Tower is worth a visit and so too Toledo

Cons:

Can be out of the way depending where you are staying

Reviewed by Villeguy Review Date: 10/13/2019

We stayed at the resort from 09/29/19 through 10/10/19. Our favorite resort and the one we original booked was Port Orleans French Quarters but a few days later our travel agent contacted us and said if we switched to Coronado Springs we would qualify for the free counter service meal plan being offered and there would only be a small upgrade price to the regular meal plan we always get. We figured it was a good deal so we took it. Before arriving I did my research and requested on the MDE app for a room on the third floor and in the Cabanas section. We were given a room on the second floor in the Ranchos section. I questioned this at check in and we were given a third floor room in the Ranchos section building 7B. On the fourth day after a long day in the parks we went back to our room only to discover that we were locked out, the door would not open for our magic bands or our iphones. We would get the green light but the door would not unlock. So back down to the car and over to the tower. When we arrived there was a huge line of guests waiting to check in. I got on line but as soon as an employee walked by I pulled them aside and explained our situation. The Manager, Michael, said there was a computer glitch and there was nothing we could have done to get in the room. He issued us a new card, 2 fasspasses each and $100.00 credit to our account. We were also told to recheck our magic bands to make sure they now worked. I must say that we were impressed how Michael handled the situation. A few days later we woke to the fact that we had no running water in the room. When I called the front desk and explained, I was put on hold for about five minutes when the operator came back on the line and asked me what I was hold for. Once again I explained that we had no running water in the room and was put on hold once again. This time when she came back on line she said that they were running a maintenance on the water line, she apologized and then hung up. I called back down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager and was told they would have someone call me back. After a few minutes received a call back, when I asked if I was speaking to a manager I was told no but maybe they would be able to help. I said I was told that there was a maintenance being performed on the waterlines. I questioned why we were not informed in advance since this sounded like something that should have been scheduled. I was told that it had not been scheduled and they were unaware (sounded strange to me) but they would issue us 2 fastpasses each day for the rest of our stay. My husband said it felt like if you were not staying in the new tower that they didn't seem to care and would just issue fastpasses to the guests because it doesn't cost them anything to do that. In my opinion, if you are not staying in the newly built tower do not expect the Disney customer service of old.

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by TexasMousefan Review Date: 07/31/2019

LOVED IT. Stayed at the Gran Destino Tower on the 12th floor.Beautiful view of Hollywood Studio fireworks. Toledo was great, loved the scallops, Loved the no buttons on the inside of elevator. May be our new home @ WDW

Pros:

Great views, great food , and great people

Reviewed by amandakola Review Date: 06/18/2019

Really nice resort - rooms are great and spacious for large families. Pool is really fun! We were there basically everyday.

Pros:

Great spacious Rooms Pool Location

Cons:

Nothing to note. It is a large resort so some amenities are further away.

Reviewed by MeganB Review Date: 06/13/2019

I absolutely love this resort! It’s great for kids but also for just adults. I know the new food additions will make it even better.

Pros:

Beautiful resort, pool is awesome, food is good, overall a good time.

Cons:

Spread out so you might have to walk a good bit depending on where you are. Park buses stop multiple times throughout the resort so that’s added time.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2019

Coronado Springs Resort is beautiful and has many really nice features. But maneuvering the property can be confusing. My family and I stayed at the Coronado in February and spent a large part of our time on property just trying to find our room! The signage can be difficult to decipher. It took me a couple of days to acclimate myself to our surroundings, but once I did I was better able to enjoy our time at the resort without so much frustration.

Pros:

Reasonably priced...really good breakfast bowls!...cast members pleasant and accommodating...beautiful surroundings... convenient and reliable transportation.

Cons:

Big! Seemed to be far from the parks, so our time on the buses was longer than expected. The various buildings are very similar and can cause some confusion. Be prepared for some frustration and maybe even some annoyance and aggravation. : )