Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/21/2021

Nice hotel, due to Covid housekeeping services are every other day. Disney has gotten away from most Vovid restrictions, my advice bring back the daily house keeping services. When you go to parks in the heat, you need more towels to bathe! Buses have been great, we have managed to have good timing during our trip! This resort has horrible food! Due to Zcovid everything is premodern and very little selection! Dining in Disney has been very unsatisfying, things are closed or close earlier! Be sure to eat as the food court closes before the parks do! Spend the day in the park and can’t get a refill on your fountain drink at 11 pm!

Pros:

Busses and staying in the Casitas! If you want to enjoy the dig site pool, stay in the ranchos!

Cons:

FOOD!!!!!!! The fact that they don’t do housekeeping daily!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/29/2021

Pretty on the surface; service was lacking.
The Gran Destino Tower is amazing - you feel transported once you step into the lobby overlooking the Lounge.
Rix Cafe was pretty good, but I'm not sure why it closes at 12:30. Not many people want gelato for breakfast.
El Mercado's offerings were very generic - pizza, burgers, nachos, and the grab-and-go sandwiches.
However, we had requested a room with disability access in the tub (walk-in, or at least hand-rails) for one of our party with mobility issues, and did not get not get one. We requested a change and were given one, but the new room also did not have the needed tub. Our room phone received calls, but we could not contact the front desk, bell services, or anyone else. I had to call the resort's overall Guest Service number on my own phone and ask them to contact bell services to bring our luggage. We put in a request for a working phone, were told it would be replaced; it never was. Housekeeping did not come to empty trash/replace towels on our second day, and since they didn't fix the phone, I had to walk to the Tower to request towels after a day in the parks. Our safe glitched on the last morning and wouldn't accept our code, so I had to (again) walk to the Tower to get help for that, since 48 hours later, the phone was still not fixed.

I would stay there again if I was attending a convention and my work paid for it. Otherwise, other than the long desk/workspace, I've had just as much room at Pop Century.

Pros:

Gran Destino is beautiful; theming is nice. Quick bus rides to all parks.

Cons:

Away from the tower, the property wasn't maintained to what you would expect of Disney. Lots of scuff marks on the walls, paint chipping/fading near elevators. Service hit or miss.

Reviewed by StarTours1401 Review Date: 06/24/2021

We just returned home from our week-long honeymoon stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, and we LOVED it! We booked a room in Gran Destino Tower and were very impressed by its deluxe feel. The room was spacious and comfortable with a spectacular view. The cast were warm, welcoming, and helpful. I strongly recommend this resort!

Pros:

- The new tower rooms give this moderate resort a deluxe feel! - Good dining options - A more “upscale” feel for a Disney honeymoon

Cons:

- If you stay in the older part of the resort, you may have to wait longer on buses

Reviewed by lauren94 Review Date: 06/13/2021

I just got back from a stay at Coronado Springs. I absolutely loved it! Sure the resort is HUGE, but it is so beautiful and has lots of dining options. I went with one of my best friends and this resort was perfect for us. We are 26 so we aren't dying for super Disney themed resorts. We loved the theming of Coronado. The tower is beautiful!! We stayed in the Cabanas section and it was great. We were so close to the main pool (the dig site). The beds were comfortable and we had lots of space. We were able to eat at Three Bridges Bar & Grill and it was amazing. We did have to wait about an hour but our wait was way less than the posted time. The Laguna Bar out by the water has live music some nights and it was awesome!! We also LOVED the Dahlia Lounge. Great view of Hollywood Studios and Blizzard Beach from up there. It is a big resort, so if you don't like walking a lot, it may not be for you. We love walking so it did not bother us at all. Definitely recommend this resort for young adults/adults and families with teens.

Pros:

Lots of dining options, great bars, great pool, beautiful theming, adult friendly

Cons:

Kids may not love, lots of walking, bus transportation only

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/17/2021

Overall, the experience I had at this resort was great. It was priced well, and the theming and atmosphere was spot on. For the week I stayed there, I ate mostly in the parks, however there was some food options at the resort. Rix's Sports Grill was one of the restaurants I went to at the resort that I absolutely do not recommend. It was overpriced food, my burger was so dry. However "El Mercado" had a decent amount of food that anyone could like. Again, overpriced, but not much more is expected from Disney. There's 4 bus stops, one at the front by the gran destino tower, and then one for each section. An easily accessible bus stop was a plus. The lake was beautiful, the bridges made the pool easily accessible as well. I definitely recommend this resort, but you might need to instacart some groceries of you don't want to spend $100 on a few bags of chips and some chicken tenders.

Pros:

Location, Atmosphere, Accessibility

Cons:

Food options

Reviewed by AbbyCadabby96 Review Date: 05/15/2021

The first Disney resort I’ve stayed at and it was amazing! The theme, the detail in the tower, and the grounds are just beautiful. My group was comprised of all adults and we chose Coronado since it seemed to cater more to the older crowd. And boy did it deliver! Our rooms are updated, beautiful, and super cozy. Plenty of storage... I was so impressed. We stayed in the Cabanas right between the Dig Site and Bus Stop 4 (5 minute walk). There are relaxation pools at each village if you want to be away from the louder crowds at the Dig Site. Amazing choices at El Mercado and Cafe Rix. Rix itself was alright, but you HAVE TO GET THE WATCHOS... just trust me on that. Three Bridges looks amazing, but they only have a walk up wait list and the wait can be an upwards of 90 minutes to two hours, yikes! I do appreciate that on the MyDisney app you can see a full list of bus times for each village and the tower per park. Best way to still get your Joffery’s coffee and make it to the bus stop. It does get a little dicey at the parks to make it back to the resort waiting on a bus. Overall, I would happily come back to Coronado Springs 😊

Pros:

Gorgeous! Variety of food options around the resort. Spacious and clean rooms. Lots of storage in the room. Consistent buses to the parks.

Cons:

Can be hard to get into Three Bridges. Buses back to the resort from the hotel will take a while.

Reviewed by Anthony0711 Review Date: 05/12/2021

I gave this resort another chance in May and I was pleasantly surprised! The lounges and restaurants are great, and there was a nice relaxing vibe everywhere that you went!

Pros:

Many dining locations that are open late, smart TVs in rooms, multiple gyms and a spa on property

Cons:

Only uses busses, many bus stops, can be a long walk to the lobby if you have a room outside of the tower or casitas

Reviewed by MBrooks Review Date: 05/03/2021

This was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at, so it holds a special place in my heart. Beautiful resort with a Disney flare without being “over the top” character wise.

Pros:

Queen sized beds made the stay comfortable, loved the main pool, laundry are was always clean and nice. Easy walk to anywhere on the resort, buses ran frequently.

Reviewed by NewNewEnglander Review Date: 05/02/2021

We stayed here last week as a party of 6. We stayed on the top floor of the destino tower with a water view. We had two rooms next to each other which was nice. The view was gorgeous one of the best at Disney outside of Animal Kingdom( come on giraffes!). The grounds and pools are nice. The food options were meek. Either Rix or Fast food. We could never get into the 3 bar and grill as the wait was always 90+ mins. Our biggest complaints are the buses. We were stop 1 and would wait up to 30-40 mins for a bus to and from parks. The 2nd is the cheer competitions. They really shouldn't put people on the same floor with non sports teams. We would do the parks all day from 630 until 8 and go back and sleep only to be woken at 11-12pm by screaming girls flipping down the hallways. When we said something it only made things worse.

Thankfully we only had 2 days if this as we left but isn't how we should remember Disney is it? Just be warned if you stay here you will have to deal with the large crowds of young kids. We don't stay at the value resorts for this reason and most likely won't stay again because of this.

Pros:

Beautiful view! Nice pool for kids.

Cons:

Horrible bus wait times. Sports competition teams placed on same floors with families.

Reviewed by Lizard1515 Review Date: 04/25/2021

NOTE* Review based on a stay in 2014. Everything at the hotel is super spread out. We luckily were staying right next to one of the bus stops, but we did have a bit of trouble getting buses at times. The jacuzzi was broken and many cm's we asked had no clue when/if it would come back up in our 8 day stay. Management interactions weren't very positive when we inquired later about the jacuzzi. Overall there weren't very many positives to our stay.

Pros:

Food was good, bartender was nice

Cons:

Spread out, too many bus stops,