Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit:: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2020

We stayed in a preferred room and it sadly was not worth it. The room itself was very large and nice we were way to far away from food and transportation. We also were on the top floor and had to use an elevator from a different building to get to the room because there was only 1 elevator that would reach that floor. It was quiet and clean but a hassle if you actually wanted to do anything.

Pros:

The food at the bar Rix. Large and very clean rooms. Extremely quiet.

Cons:

Bad food. This needs to be 2 hotels. If you are not staying in the tower, do not stay there unless you really like walking. The focus is on the tower and nothing else. Transportation is very far away in some parts so be careful. Tower staff not very helpful or friendly but the rest of the staff was great.

Reviewed by RyanLeman Review Date: 09/21/2020

My wife and I stayed here in February 2020, the Gran Destino tower is beautiful! Definitely would stay here again. I recommend the Gran Destino for couples, especially newlyweeds!

Pros:

Beautiful, Modern, Great Food!

Cons:

Transportation, Lots of walking as it is a large resort

Reviewed by RobinEgg Review Date: 09/21/2020

We stayed in the Gran Destino Tower the first two weeks of December 2019 and loved it. Club Level was much cheaper then because it was new, so if they ever offer a discount again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The rooms were beautiful, view was gorgeous, and club level was wonderful. The food there wasn't top level, but it was fine and we certainly took advantage of it. I was happy with coffee and a danish every morning (it's vacation!) and my husband ate scrambled eggs ever day, which he got tired of but we couldn't complain because we knew were were getting our money's worth. As we left for the parks each morning, we loaded up on bottled water and bottled iced tea so that alone paid for club level! I enjoyed a glass of wine every evening and just sitting in the room with the gorgeous view was so relaxing. We were lucky enough to have our rooms on the same level as the club, so our grandkids could come and go -- if Grandma wasn't in bed sleeping she was in the club and they joined me. The service throughout the hotel was great, we even did laundry there and it was easy. If I had to name a downside it would be the food court, that food didn't look good or taste good. It also was a little disappointing that the buses had to pass by our stop to drop off in a certain order and we were always last. I wish club level could be dropped off first but I was sitting so I really shouldn't complain.

Pros:

Club Level

Cons:

Food court, bus

Reviewed by SueC Review Date: 09/20/2020

We stayed at the Coronado in March 2019 for 4 nights. We stayed in Casitas 4 with a view of the lake. The room was renovated and very nice. We only had a short walk to the food court so refilling mugs was convenient. It’s always a good idea to request a room close to the main building if you don’t want a long walk. It’s so pretty though that the walk is nice. I always describe it as like a spa but with nachos. The grounds are beautiful. Loved the fountains. Because the resort is so large there are several stops on the bus loop so it takes a little longer to get around.

Pros:

Updated rooms, beautiful grounds

Cons:

Bus loop

Reviewed by Tinker02 Review Date: 08/21/2020

My friend and I stayed at this resort when my favorite (Port Orleans) was full. The check-in was fine. I believe they had just finished a major remodeling project, so the check-in location had moved. I asked to get a room close to the main tower, but was told 'everything is close'. More on that later.. The rooms were nice, but we needed to be taken there by golf cart (clue #1). We chose to take the credit of no room service, which was fine for us. We were on the second floor, in Casita's 4. We didn't really have a view, which was fine for us. We were not far from the bus stop, and were the last to be picked up and first to be dropped off. When we went to Universal Studios, we used Lyft, which worked out well, as we were not far from the parking lot.
The biggest issue is that after walking all day in the parks, walking another 1/2 mile to the 'main building' was not my idea of a good time. It would have been fine if there would have been a golf cart available. We ordered pizza one day, and had to go to to the main building to pick up the pizza. It was cold by the time we got back to our room. Overall, Coronado is a very nice resort, if you can be in the main building.

Pros:

Nice rooms

Cons:

very spread out and long walk to the main building

Reviewed by Tiki-on-Tiktin Review Date: 06/11/2020

Best cross between a moderate and deluxe that results in a great value. The pool is AMAZING. The atmosphere is laidback even with the convention guests present. The new Gran Destino Tower looks pretty cool on the inside.

Pros:

Even the standard guest rooms have well-appointed furnishings, with thoughtful storage so that the rooms feel a bit bigger than they are.

Cons:

The food could be better, and as expected, the result is spread out so there can be a good deal of walking between your room and your destination within the resort. The only way to get to a park or resort is by taking the bus (or your own car if you drive).

Reviewed by klaass1 Review Date: 05/14/2020

We stayed at the Gran Destino tower about a month after opening. The power went out 3 separate times and there was little to no communication about their not being power in our room. Then when they scheduled a power outage, we were told that we could take our refrigerated food down to be stored in a cooler. The person in charge of it didn't listen and put it with other people's luggage so our lunch food we bought was ruined. The resort was beautiful though and they tried to make things right whenever possible.

Pros:

Kind cast members beautiful cool pool

Cons:

slow and crowded buses quick service wasn't great

Reviewed by ChrisSully580 Review Date: 05/05/2020

I have stayed here a lot. The theme is wonderful. The big pool is great. Love this hotel

Pros:

Big pool is so much fun. The food court is great with good food. BBQs and Tex-Mex food. The pool bar is nice.

Cons:

There can be a lot of walking if you are at the ranchos to the main building is long.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/27/2020

I LOVED this hotel. It worked perfect and had all the needs for my family. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone.

Pros:

There are a lot of hotel rooms and the pools are awesome. The food is also really good and everything is conveniently located in the lobby.

Cons:

There are a lot of bus stops so if you have little ones, this might not be the best hotel for you. Otherwise, this hotel is great!

Reviewed by Sheri10s Review Date: 04/04/2020

Our favorite Moderate

Pros:

Pool, rooms, hammocks, views, food, buses, cast members

Cons:

Not always available to stay in