Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Lizard1515 Review Date: 04/25/2021

NOTE* Review based on a stay in 2014. Everything at the hotel is super spread out. We luckily were staying right next to one of the bus stops, but we did have a bit of trouble getting buses at times. The jacuzzi was broken and many cm's we asked had no clue when/if it would come back up in our 8 day stay. Management interactions weren't very positive when we inquired later about the jacuzzi. Overall there weren't very many positives to our stay.

Pros:

Food was good, bartender was nice

Cons:

Spread out, too many bus stops,

Reviewed by Pookie99 Review Date: 12/06/2020

This hotel needs to be split into two, the tower should be a separate hotel. If you are not in the tower, expect lots of walking. The food is also marginal at best outside of the tower. Focus is only on the tower.

Pros:

Non tower rooms are large, quiet and very comfortable. This is the only reason I gave this report a 6.

Cons:

Rooms are far from service, food and transportation. Grounds people do not respect people walking on sidewalk so be careful.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2020

We stayed in a preferred room and it sadly was not worth it. The room itself was very large and nice we were way to far away from food and transportation. We also were on the top floor and had to use an elevator from a different building to get to the room because there was only 1 elevator that would reach that floor. It was quiet and clean but a hassle if you actually wanted to do anything.

Pros:

The food at the bar Rix. Large and very clean rooms. Extremely quiet.

Cons:

Bad food. This needs to be 2 hotels. If you are not staying in the tower, do not stay there unless you really like walking. The focus is on the tower and nothing else. Transportation is very far away in some parts so be careful. Tower staff not very helpful or friendly but the rest of the staff was great.

Reviewed by Tinker02 Review Date: 08/21/2020

My friend and I stayed at this resort when my favorite (Port Orleans) was full. The check-in was fine. I believe they had just finished a major remodeling project, so the check-in location had moved. I asked to get a room close to the main tower, but was told 'everything is close'. More on that later.. The rooms were nice, but we needed to be taken there by golf cart (clue #1). We chose to take the credit of no room service, which was fine for us. We were on the second floor, in Casita's 4. We didn't really have a view, which was fine for us. We were not far from the bus stop, and were the last to be picked up and first to be dropped off. When we went to Universal Studios, we used Lyft, which worked out well, as we were not far from the parking lot.
The biggest issue is that after walking all day in the parks, walking another 1/2 mile to the 'main building' was not my idea of a good time. It would have been fine if there would have been a golf cart available. We ordered pizza one day, and had to go to to the main building to pick up the pizza. It was cold by the time we got back to our room. Overall, Coronado is a very nice resort, if you can be in the main building.

Pros:

Nice rooms

Cons:

very spread out and long walk to the main building

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

Probably theleast \"Disney\" resort on the grounds. Full of convention folks and has some of the worst dining around. The main pool is great but very hard to get to as it is far from most rooms. Thumbs down!!

Pros:

Good main pool

Cons:

impersonal, non-Disney, tough check-in

Reviewed by Villeguy Review Date: 10/13/2019

We stayed at the resort from 09/29/19 through 10/10/19. Our favorite resort and the one we original booked was Port Orleans French Quarters but a few days later our travel agent contacted us and said if we switched to Coronado Springs we would qualify for the free counter service meal plan being offered and there would only be a small upgrade price to the regular meal plan we always get. We figured it was a good deal so we took it. Before arriving I did my research and requested on the MDE app for a room on the third floor and in the Cabanas section. We were given a room on the second floor in the Ranchos section. I questioned this at check in and we were given a third floor room in the Ranchos section building 7B. On the fourth day after a long day in the parks we went back to our room only to discover that we were locked out, the door would not open for our magic bands or our iphones. We would get the green light but the door would not unlock. So back down to the car and over to the tower. When we arrived there was a huge line of guests waiting to check in. I got on line but as soon as an employee walked by I pulled them aside and explained our situation. The Manager, Michael, said there was a computer glitch and there was nothing we could have done to get in the room. He issued us a new card, 2 fasspasses each and $100.00 credit to our account. We were also told to recheck our magic bands to make sure they now worked. I must say that we were impressed how Michael handled the situation. A few days later we woke to the fact that we had no running water in the room. When I called the front desk and explained, I was put on hold for about five minutes when the operator came back on the line and asked me what I was hold for. Once again I explained that we had no running water in the room and was put on hold once again. This time when she came back on line she said that they were running a maintenance on the water line, she apologized and then hung up. I called back down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager and was told they would have someone call me back. After a few minutes received a call back, when I asked if I was speaking to a manager I was told no but maybe they would be able to help. I said I was told that there was a maintenance being performed on the waterlines. I questioned why we were not informed in advance since this sounded like something that should have been scheduled. I was told that it had not been scheduled and they were unaware (sounded strange to me) but they would issue us 2 fastpasses each day for the rest of our stay. My husband said it felt like if you were not staying in the new tower that they didn't seem to care and would just issue fastpasses to the guests because it doesn't cost them anything to do that. In my opinion, if you are not staying in the newly built tower do not expect the Disney customer service of old.

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

Used to love this resort but construction is making me change my mind. We liked it for the change of pace. Super relaxing and quiet pool was always quiet. Feature pool had a fun slide. But no with adding so many new rooms in a tower- I feel like it will lose the quiet feel.

Pros:

Used to be a quieter moderate

Cons:

Construction

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

ok resort

Pros:

its beautiful but way too big for me

Cons:

didn't love the restaurant or QS options. this is my least favorite resort so far.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

WE stayed her last March and again for 2 nights of a split stay September 16th and 17th. We didn't like the resort in March, but decided to try again. I mentioned that we picked it for our extra days so my son could have a bed. I also mentioned that during the 30 minutes it took us to check in. NO extra bed even though the resort appeared basically empty. WE had stayed at Pop the beginning of the trip and it was interesting to see the comparisons. The room was bigger at Coronado, but not as well appointed as Pop. The shower was identical. The two sinks would be nice if we were share the bathroom folks, but we tend to be quick and therefore one is plenty. The resort is way too spread out. The big pool was so far from the front of the resort it was pointless to go to it for a quick swim. The directions to get from place to place were terrible at best. The food court was awful. You would expect the food to be better at a moderate, but there were far fewer choices and the food we did choose was awful. The Mac and cheese was downright disgusting. My daughter who loves Disney Mac and cheese was very disappointed. With no better free dining level for moderate resorts, I can't even imagine any reason to stay there unless you had to for a conference. It had the absolute worst bus service we had the entire week at Pop. We waited over 20 minutes for a bus to Early Extra Magic at Animal kingdom and assumed we had missed the first bus. On talking to others though we discovered they had been waiting since before 7 and we all got on the first bus at 7:40. Needless to say we missed rope drop by a lot and it ruined our plans. I can't suggest enough that you go anywhere else to stay.

Pros:

You are on property

Cons:

everything else.

Reviewed by cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed at CSR Sept 12-18 and overall, it was ok. It used to be our favorite but not anymore. Just not impressed with the staff or new rooms. And with all the construction, etc I would not recommend anyone stay there until it is complete.

Pros:

New El Mercado (Pepper Market) love the new tables, colors, etc.

Cons:

Awkward new set up of the rooms. Construction and the need to walk past it multiple times a day. Shortened hours for food court and gift shop. Too spread out and too many convention guests taking up the best areas (rooms).