Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/28/2019

Probably theleast \"Disney\" resort on the grounds. Full of convention folks and has some of the worst dining around. The main pool is great but very hard to get to as it is far from most rooms. Thumbs down!!

Pros:

Good main pool

Cons:

impersonal, non-Disney, tough check-in

Reviewed by Heidtd Review Date: 12/31/2014

My daughter and I recently returned from a holiday trip to Disney. This was our third stay at Coronado Springs, and will be our last. Despite checking in on line months in advance, we were given a room in Casita 5 - the building was the farthest from El Centro as one could get. The person who checked us in wrote down the wrong room number. After walking (with all luggage) to the room, we had to walk all the back. She just giggled and said, whoops"" and gave us another room number. We then got to walk back to building 5 (still with all luggage) - luckily this one worked. Mousekeeping was average throughout the week - sometimes the room was well cleaned and re-stocked, other times they only made the bed. I had called several times to confirm our return flight, was constantly transferred from one department to the next. Despite being told everything was confirmed three times, we arrived back at the hotel the night before our departure with no printed boarding passes or Magic Express information. I began calling at 6 am to determine what to do on the day of our departure. I was again transferred from one department to the next. With less than 30 minutes until I anticipated that the Magic Express bus would arrive (and I only know this from previous trips) went to the front desk. After an 8 night stay, they didn't have me in the system and I had to show all types of registration information to get a hand-written note to get on the Magic Express bus. The person behind the desk referred me to yet another department to print boarding passes. By the time we arrived at this location - the line was very long and we had to board the bus and get boarding passes at the airport. If this had been our first visit to Disney, we would have had no idea what to do/or the timeframes typically needed. Given that the room was so far away from the restaurants, we revised our plans to eat breakfast in the parks each morning. We were close to one of the bus stops. We only went up to the main lobby twice during an 8 day stay, so felt like we were simply paying a substantial amount for an average room that looked out on a parking lot (ie, not a lot of Disney magic!) given the lack of attention to detail during check in and check out, I will very likely not return to Coronado Springs during future Disney trips.

Pros:

Beautiful property

Cons:

Check in /check out very poor, major walk to room

Reviewed by ksimas Review Date: 10/29/2013

Where to start. First we did on-line check in so it should have been a breeze. We (2 couples) got to the resort around 12:30 on 10/19/2013. I had asked for Building 9 and when I got our room number 8254 I asked about it and was told 'we are 100%'. I know a request is just that but I didn't ask for anything else just building 9. However my friends when they check in they were only giving the 1st 2 numbers of their room 82?? because it wasn't ready. Which made no sense because my room wasn't ready and I got a room number. DAH!!! So we both left our cell numbers so that we would get a text when the rooms were ready. So off to Downtown Disney for some lunch and check things out. By 4pm we still hadn't received a text so I called when we were back on the bus (going back to resort) and was told my room was ready. So I asked why didn't I receive a text? And again was told 'we are at 100%'. So I asked about my friend's room and was told she never checked in. Can we all say argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? So I hung up before I lost it and told her to call. She did and again was told her room wasn't ready and couldn't give them a real room number. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture? If my room was ready and I got my room number when I checked in why didn't she? So we get back to the lobby and again she was told her room wasn't ready and yes of course NO ROOM number. So I asked about our luggage and was told it was in our rooms. So my friends husband said to them: You can't give us a room number but you are telling my our luggage is in that room? The clerk answered YES. And can't give a room number because the maid is in there cleaning it. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So we go to my room and what a surprise NO LUGGAGE and no MAID anywhere to be found on our floor. So it was nothing by lies so far. So I call down to find out about where is our luggage and was switched to the luggage room. In the meantime my friend gets a text saying her room was ready (which was right next door) so I had her go check to see if her luggage was in her room and wow what another surprise...NO LUGGAGE!!!!! So the person that was talking to me said they checked and yes our luggage (all our luggage) had been scanned and they will get it right up to us. By now it is well after 5pm and we had dinner reservastions for Narcoossee's at 7:50 so we were all getting nervous. Ok by 5:25 still no luggage so I call again asking to speak to a manager. Supposedly the manager gets on the phone and says they will get us our luggage and that they are at 100%. Ok I have had it with the 100%. That is a big resort but it is no surprise that they are at 100% as it just didn't happen over night and that they didn't know about it. I waited and still no luggage so I started walking to the lobby (which was a walk) and my husband calls me to say that my friend got their luggage I said what about ours? Nope so I kept walking 5 minutes goes by and my husband calls me back to say our luggage arrived. So I turned around as it was after 6 and we had to shower and change. I have now stayed at all the 'moderate resorts' and never ever will I stay here again. And towel animals what is up with that? Unless I asked for them we never got them. And I leave a tip in a cute little envelope that I do up before we leave for Disney. And the way they do their breakfast what another disaster. I understand that this is a 'business type' setting resort but none the less it is a Disney resort. And when most people are there they are looking to get up and out quickly..not wait to be seating (which can take forever as you have be be lead to a table (like we can't find one by ourselves). And the busses were not always as they should be. Because they didn't run like they should have we missed the opening of Magic Kingdom which is something I really enjoy. And it isn't because we were late it was because of the busses. There is just so much more I could write but I will stop here. I will apologize for any spelling and grammer issues in advance. But when I'm upset...

Pros:

It is pretty to look at but that is all I can say

Cons:

Too many to mention here will list below

Reviewed by Lizard1515 Review Date: 04/25/2021

NOTE* Review based on a stay in 2014. Everything at the hotel is super spread out. We luckily were staying right next to one of the bus stops, but we did have a bit of trouble getting buses at times. The jacuzzi was broken and many cm's we asked had no clue when/if it would come back up in our 8 day stay. Management interactions weren't very positive when we inquired later about the jacuzzi. Overall there weren't very many positives to our stay.

Pros:

Food was good, bartender was nice

Cons:

Spread out, too many bus stops,

Reviewed by Villeguy Review Date: 10/13/2019

We stayed at the resort from 09/29/19 through 10/10/19. Our favorite resort and the one we original booked was Port Orleans French Quarters but a few days later our travel agent contacted us and said if we switched to Coronado Springs we would qualify for the free counter service meal plan being offered and there would only be a small upgrade price to the regular meal plan we always get. We figured it was a good deal so we took it. Before arriving I did my research and requested on the MDE app for a room on the third floor and in the Cabanas section. We were given a room on the second floor in the Ranchos section. I questioned this at check in and we were given a third floor room in the Ranchos section building 7B. On the fourth day after a long day in the parks we went back to our room only to discover that we were locked out, the door would not open for our magic bands or our iphones. We would get the green light but the door would not unlock. So back down to the car and over to the tower. When we arrived there was a huge line of guests waiting to check in. I got on line but as soon as an employee walked by I pulled them aside and explained our situation. The Manager, Michael, said there was a computer glitch and there was nothing we could have done to get in the room. He issued us a new card, 2 fasspasses each and $100.00 credit to our account. We were also told to recheck our magic bands to make sure they now worked. I must say that we were impressed how Michael handled the situation. A few days later we woke to the fact that we had no running water in the room. When I called the front desk and explained, I was put on hold for about five minutes when the operator came back on the line and asked me what I was hold for. Once again I explained that we had no running water in the room and was put on hold once again. This time when she came back on line she said that they were running a maintenance on the water line, she apologized and then hung up. I called back down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager and was told they would have someone call me back. After a few minutes received a call back, when I asked if I was speaking to a manager I was told no but maybe they would be able to help. I said I was told that there was a maintenance being performed on the waterlines. I questioned why we were not informed in advance since this sounded like something that should have been scheduled. I was told that it had not been scheduled and they were unaware (sounded strange to me) but they would issue us 2 fastpasses each day for the rest of our stay. My husband said it felt like if you were not staying in the new tower that they didn't seem to care and would just issue fastpasses to the guests because it doesn't cost them anything to do that. In my opinion, if you are not staying in the newly built tower do not expect the Disney customer service of old.

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

WE stayed her last March and again for 2 nights of a split stay September 16th and 17th. We didn't like the resort in March, but decided to try again. I mentioned that we picked it for our extra days so my son could have a bed. I also mentioned that during the 30 minutes it took us to check in. NO extra bed even though the resort appeared basically empty. WE had stayed at Pop the beginning of the trip and it was interesting to see the comparisons. The room was bigger at Coronado, but not as well appointed as Pop. The shower was identical. The two sinks would be nice if we were share the bathroom folks, but we tend to be quick and therefore one is plenty. The resort is way too spread out. The big pool was so far from the front of the resort it was pointless to go to it for a quick swim. The directions to get from place to place were terrible at best. The food court was awful. You would expect the food to be better at a moderate, but there were far fewer choices and the food we did choose was awful. The Mac and cheese was downright disgusting. My daughter who loves Disney Mac and cheese was very disappointed. With no better free dining level for moderate resorts, I can't even imagine any reason to stay there unless you had to for a conference. It had the absolute worst bus service we had the entire week at Pop. We waited over 20 minutes for a bus to Early Extra Magic at Animal kingdom and assumed we had missed the first bus. On talking to others though we discovered they had been waiting since before 7 and we all got on the first bus at 7:40. Needless to say we missed rope drop by a lot and it ruined our plans. I can't suggest enough that you go anywhere else to stay.

Pros:

You are on property

Cons:

everything else.

Reviewed by sasmmb Review Date: 02/24/2014

I'm quite disappointed in this hotel. When I got to my room I found a mans dirty sock between the ottomans (meaning they hadn't vaccummed there either), drapes splattered with ketchup (I hope it was ketchup!), and partially used bottle of shower gel. It's clear housekeeping did a poor job. The manager was appropriately aghast and came to the room to check it out. So hopefully she will take care of it. I was not offered any compensation or extra amenity though.

Also this is a BIG resort. I stayed in the Casistas Building #5. There are no bridges across the lake from there so you have to walk around the entire lake to get to the main building and restaurants.

Given all the great Disney hotels, I would not recommend people spend their money on this one.

Pros:

convenient if you are here for convention

Cons:

housekeeping is horrible/ far to walk to main building

Reviewed by Landry Review Date: 09/21/2013

My husband and I stayed at CSR mid Sept 2013, visiting Disney for the third time. The first two times were at a Deluxe resort, but to save a little money we dropped down to the moderate level. Friends of ours had stayed there and liked it and our travel agent had also liked it so we decided to give it a try.

Where to begin. We arrived at 8pm at night. After checking in we were give a map and pointed to the door. After stumbling around in the dark for 15 or so minutes we found our room in building 9B.

At check in I asked about being in business class and all I got were blank looks. Not good. As well, I had special ordered and surprise for my husband which did contain alcohol so I would have to sign for it. I told the clerk (quietly) as it was a surprise. The person who went to get the form for me to sign brought the gift basket out with him...so much for the surprise. The asked if I wanted to carry to my room. Yep sure why not.

The next morning I went back to the front desk to ask about the business class and its perks. Again blank looks. I gave up after that. I guess business class means a room closer to the main building.

Overall the experience was not magical at all. No towel animals, the staff was robotic and rude. I will no be returning.

Pros:

good size rooms, clean

Cons:

business class....what business class

Reviewed by preacherroe Review Date: 05/07/2013

When I arrived 4/28, my requested room in Bldg 9 near El Centro was not ready at check-in time, so they downgraded me to Bldg 4. They asked what floor I preferred, I replied ground floor. They put me on 4th floor. The TV didn't work every morning--desk said because it had been raining. The toilet flooded the bathroom one night, so we were 2 hours late getting to bed.
Next time I'll be going to Port Orleans--I understand they now have queen-size beds.

Pros:

queen-size beds for moderate price

Cons:

too big for management to keep up

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2020

We stayed in a preferred room and it sadly was not worth it. The room itself was very large and nice we were way to far away from food and transportation. We also were on the top floor and had to use an elevator from a different building to get to the room because there was only 1 elevator that would reach that floor. It was quiet and clean but a hassle if you actually wanted to do anything.

Pros:

The food at the bar Rix. Large and very clean rooms. Extremely quiet.

Cons:

Bad food. This needs to be 2 hotels. If you are not staying in the tower, do not stay there unless you really like walking. The focus is on the tower and nothing else. Transportation is very far away in some parts so be careful. Tower staff not very helpful or friendly but the rest of the staff was great.