Reviews of Wilderness Lodge (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/27/2021

Not sure why this resort would be named a couples or girls weekend away. Tons of screaming kids everywhere. Restaurants are below par and rooms are bare and have no character, same with restaurants and entrance/ etc etc

Pros:

Close to Magic Kingdom. Good if you have small childten and want them running around with other kids.

Cons:

Noisy, bare, without much character, below par restaurants. Would chose this as an absolute last option.

Reviewed by JLC103 Review Date: 03/06/2021

This resort is a hidden gem! My family loves the quiet nature of this resort. The Wilderness Lodge is so serene but still has the excellent amenities to keep a family with small children going. The food options are excellent and the rooms are spacious with awesome theming. The cast members are friendly, helpful and go above and beyond!I was surprised (but secretly excited) that not more guests use the boat transportation to the Contemporary and then taking the Monorail to Epcot(when it was running pre shutdown). We were usually by ourselves on the boat and it was always fast and efficient. That boat also begins running earlier in the morning. With that said, we went in June and the busses were never overcrowded. We loved that we had options transportation- wise.

Pros:

Taking the boat over to the Contemporary and then taking the Monorail. The food. Super peaceful resort. Theming. The Cast Members!

Cons:

My 10 year old son wishes the waterslide was bigger but that's it!

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/10/2021

This resort is absolutely beautiful, but that's about it for me. The laundry facility is poorly located and you have to walk through the main lobby with your dirty laundry. The quick service is just so-so. Also, they lost one of our suitcases, and on our last day as we were leaving I happened to see it over in a large holding area. The location is not great, especially for a Deluxe Resort. Busses are long, and the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is long and slow. I now stay somewhere else when I visit WDW, but stop over here for dining on a resort tour day.

Pros:

Atmosphere and food. Restaurants have great food. Nice poolside bar. Great character meal with Snow White, the Evil Queen, and the Dwarves.

Cons:

Location.

Reviewed by d-rock Review Date: 12/16/2020

Best resort on property! The theming is perfect for everyone. Not too over the top and but not missing that Disney charm. Havent stayed there but have visited plenty for a few hrs each trip on Magic Kingdom days because it is that good of an atmosphere. Cast members at this resort are amazing. Love that they have the Snow White character dining here very fitting. My dream resort to stay at with my family.

Pros:

Cast Members, Pools, Character Dining, Boat transportation to MK and Fort Wilderness Campground. Prior to it closing proximity to River Country.

Cons:

EXPENSIVE!

Reviewed by DisneyExpert05 Review Date: 12/15/2020

This resort is AWESOME! It has a very nice theming to it and breath-taking scenery. The beautiful waterfall that leads into the pool is beautiful!To get the full experience, the most recommended time is to go during the holidays, when it is all decorated to see the enormous tree and the Christmas decorations. It feels like you are in a log cabin! The best thing about wilderness lodge is how they have a different transportation for Magic Kingdom, the boat! This resort is all in all, amazing!

Pros:

Boat to Magic Kingdom, Great place to stay for the holidays

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/13/2020

Been staying here since it opened and love every moment of it! Can't recommend it enough

Pros:

nice layout, easily accessible, beautiful grounds, quiet and serene, amazing pools, delicious food

Reviewed by Jnet Review Date: 12/07/2020

Love love loved this hotel. Checking in felt really fun and magical with the National Park Lodge theme. The room was comfortable and loved having the boat access to Magic Kingdom as an option along with the buses. Great pin trading board open long hours (pre covid) and fun pool area. Hot Tub could have been a little warmer when we used it though.

Pros:

So much! The boat access to Magic Kingdom. The theme and feel of the whole hotel.

Cons:

I can't pick any.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/01/2020

The best hotel ever!!!!!!! And if I could I would make the rating 100,000,000,000,000,000,000

Pros:

Everything about it

Cons:

There’s no cons

Reviewed by JKJohnson1983 Review Date: 06/15/2020

Literally my favorite resort on property! If i could stay here every time I would for sure! From the location, to the dining, to the recreation, you will not be disappointed! The cast members are outstanding as well!

Pros:

Location, fun things to do all around the resort, beautiful resort!

Cons:

Not a single one!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/02/2020

I've stayed with my family at Wilderness Lodge twice. The first time we went to the other hotels to see where we wanted to spend our next Disney vacation and Wilderness Lodge has it all. Great transportation to parks, wonderful choices for dining from inexpensive to gourmet. The grounds and pool are a destination in and of themselves. Then there are the added perks, sitting on the balcony with a drink and the newspaper, access to water activities, walking and bike paths. Just the length of the list declares it the best resort. And the list isn't everything...

Pros:

Dining, pool, activities

Cons:

Transportation to EPCOT,Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom can be awhile.