Reviews of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/22/2021

My family and my parents went there in July 2019 for 5 nights. We stayed in the Acadian houses. We absolutely LOVED staying there! The rooms were really nice- we had a connecting room with my parents. My husband and I liked that it had a curtain separating the sinks/bathroom from the beds- especially when we were getting ready for the day before waking the kids up. We had about a 5 min walk to the bus stop each day- but manageable. And about 10 mins to their quick service/lobby. We loved the quick service- yummy
Food! The main pool was a lot of fun- we went there the first day but we loved the quiet pools next to our building. It was very nice to go there after going to the parks.

Can’t wait to stay there again in the future!!

Pros:

Rooms are beautiful Yummy quick service restaurant Fun pool and quiet pools Beautiful resort- you forget that you are in Disney- but has the Disney charm

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 03/01/2021

I had an absolutely great stay at Port Orleans Riverside! Stayed in one of the Royal rooms which was a lot of fun. The food options were very good & I enjoyed the shopping as well. The resort grounds are beautiful & provided a great atmosphere for evening walks

Pros:

Beautiful grounds, good food options

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/10/2021

This is one of my favorite moderate hotels. There is great theming, and the walking areas are beautiful with great landscaping with trees, bridges, water ways, etc. The quick service and table service food is good. I have stayed here many times and loved it, but on my last visit the concierge accidentally removed my California Grill reservation and then replaced (and then replaced it with the Wave without telling me) when I asked her for help making a dining reservation. Thankfully I had a screen shot, called Dining and they put it back on. The boat ride to Disney Springs is fun, and gives you more dining options close by.

Pros:

Beautiful resort. The rooms are nice. They have Princess Rooms that are very cute. So peaceful and quiet. There are many pools to choose from. This is really close to Disney Springs.

Cons:

There are lots of bus stops.

Reviewed by Dumboboy Review Date: 02/10/2021

Stayed at POR in 2018. The resort is beautiful and the convenience of taking the boat ride to Disney Springs was a plus. The food service was much better than previous stay at Pop, and the quality was good as well. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Pros:

Beautiful landscape, easy access to Disney Springs, clean property

Cons:

Some buildings were pretty far from the food service area so it was a walk. The bus depots were very busy and disorganized.

Reviewed by Kiba5401 Review Date: 02/09/2021

Our favorite moderate resort. Stayed here prior to covid-19 in a Royal Room. Although I do not recommend paying more for a Royal room- it is a fun one night/one trip option. The room is small for the price and although the details like the magic lamp faucet, fireworks headboard, and princes details are nice I would opt to stay in a regular room next time. That said the plantation building and especially a corner room with views of the river and boats passing by was fantastic. We Loved the magnolia smell around property and the feature pool and slide are our favorite on disney property.

Pros:

Great feature pool, beautiful terrain to walk, rent a Surrey bike or horse carriage ride around, good food options at quick service location at the mill, nice dock area with boats to Disney springs, fantastic feature pool next to bar and kids playground, easy walk to French Quarter for mickey bengeits

Cons:

Pricey when you compare to off-site hotels near disney for same price and size of the room,

Reviewed by sassystopsign Review Date: 12/16/2020

This resort is my family's favorite by far. We LOVE the theming and ambiance everywhere throughout. After staying here four times we couldn't imagine choosing another resort on property if this one is open. The rooms are always amazing and the fact that there are multiple bus stops makes every part of the resort easily accessible. It's absolutely gorgeous and the boat to Disney Springs is a great bonus.

Pros:

Beautiful, quiet atmosphere Clean and comfortable rooms Great food Easy access to bus stops

Cons:

A bit of a walk to the lobby/dining from some rooms Only transportation to parks is by bus

Reviewed by Charkle2 Review Date: 12/01/2020

We had a fantastic stay at POR! It felt like a deluxe to us. We’ve stayed at the Polynesian in the past and this didn’t feel like it was in a different league from the Poly. The fifth sleeper was perfect for us and I like that it’s a real bed vs a pull-out. We loved the Princess and the Frog feel.

Pros:

Beauty all around, serene, fifth sleeper bed, lots of bathroom vanity storage

Cons:

You might have to do quite a lot of walking and there’s hardly any drawer storage. I brought a hanging clothes organizer for this.

Reviewed by Todd Review Date: 11/11/2020

My family of 4 stayed in pool view room for 10 days over Easter. We had an amazing time. There is a well themed central pool with a slide and lifeguards. Plus, every other building has a quiet pool between them. Our room open out to one of these pools. Even though some people were using the pool until 10-11pm, it truly was a quiet pool and did not disturb us.

The resort, also, has its own playground and arcade. They even had a nice Easter egg hunt for the kids on Easter morning. There was plenty to do on a "resort" day.

Transportation was fine. There is usually a dedicated bus for the resort, with 3-4 stops through out the resort, so the walk to your room is not far. There is also a boat you can take to Disney Springs.

As for dining, there is a quick service with a wide variety of options. I really recommend the pulled pork sandwich. There were plenty of "Snack Credit" options to grab for breakfast, such as bagels and chocolate croissants. There is an onsite sit-down restaurant as well. While not the best meal experience you can have at WDW, it is a nice option if for a slow tired night where you just want to have a good meal and crawl into bed.

I really hope this resort is reopened soon. My family would love to stay here again on our next trip.

Pros:

- Large themed central pool w/ slide - 5 quiet pools throughout the resort - Great quick service dining - Onsite sit-down restaurant - Dedicate bus to parks - Boat to Disney Springs - Beautiful river side setting

Cons:

- Mediocre experience at onsite sit-down restaurant - No alternative transportation or walking to parks

Reviewed by LucasC Review Date: 09/15/2020

I truly love this resort! I love how quiet it is at night, which makes it perfect for a restful evening after a crazy day in the parks. I love how wonderfully decorated the rooms are. And talking about the room, they’re super comfortable! The bed is amazing and the bedding was perfect. I also love that are so many awesome things to do around the resort as well, and how close it is to Mickey Beignets!!

Pros:

Awesome outside areas, lots of activities for the little ones, just a (very relaxing) boat ride away to Disney Springs. Amazing accommodations!

Cons:

Transportation to the parks (by bus only). The resort is pretty big and the buses go on a loop, it takes about 20 minutes for them to do the entire loop. Which makes planning a bit challenging

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/01/2020

Loved staying here. The grounds are great, clean safe and the river going through it made a great place to just walk around. Lots to see and do and good entertainment. Restaurant was good also. Room was very nice. I’ll stay here again.

Pros:

The river and surrounding grounds made great atmosphere. Fun place. Boat ride to Disney Springs. Nice walk areas.

Cons:

Morning wait for bus was a little long, but not bad and not any worse than any other place in the early mornings.