Reviews of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by Anondisney Review Date: 05/13/2022

We stayed here for the first time in the Royal Rooms in Feb 2022 and did enjoy the ambiance of the resort and the decorations of the room. The beautiful and mysterious landscaping was the perfect backdrop of the resort. The exciting details of the room included a headboard with fireworks and little touches of the Princesses throughout. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus to or from the parks and all the cast members we interacted with were very friendly. The food court however was not fantastic. We did not find the food options here to be as diverse or delicious as many other resorts and of the 4 soda dispensers, 3 were out of the syrups to make Coke, which of course the cup sensor then makes you wait 2 minutes to try again, causing some frustration. We were super excited to stay in the Royal Rooms themselves as it was a bucket list item for us, but it was a one and done as I felt they could use some modernization compared to the updated rooms value resorts like Pop Century offers instead.

Pros:

Ambiance, Princess Rooms for the Princess Lovers, Friendly Cast Members

Cons:

Food court not quite at Disney Standard, only bus transportation, rooms could use an update

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/09/2022

My boyfriend and I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside May 1, 2022- May 7, 2022. Overall, we had a very relaxing and comfortable stay at this resort. The grounds are gorgeous and neatly kept as well as the rooms. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort. We did not have too far of a walk to the main building that houses the lobby, food court, gift shop, etc. We did however find ourselves having long treks to and from the bus stops. We found the bus stops to be quite crowded. In the evenings we had to use Uber to ensure we were not late for our dinner reservations. The line would be so long to board the bus that it often took half an hour for the next one to come. The food at the food court was not impressive, I would suggest skipping the food there entirely. We did however opt to purchase the refillable resort cups. Those were completely worth the purchase! It was nice having multiple pools to choose from since the main pool would get quite crowded. Lastly, but certainly not least, we very much enjoyed the live entertainment of Yehaa Bob. He is an incredible performer and we loved watching his show after a long day in the parks.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds, clean & comfortable rooms, lots of pools to choose from

Cons:

Limited transportation options, long walks to room, no elevators, mediocre food court

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/03/2022

Me and my family stayed during Christmas it was so nice!! The rooms were beautiful! 6 wonderful pools.Walk distance to French Quarter.Not very busy. Magnolia Bend is the best.Buses are not crowded with having 4 bus stops.I will always stay here.

Pros:

food,location,quiet,cheaper,and many bus stops

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/22/2022

Really going downhill. We have stayed here 5 times over the last 10 years, most recently last week. Housekeeping limited to fresh towels every other day. Very inconsistent hot water for shower. Small ants in bathroom. Surprise “visual safety inspections “ in the room mid day. This policy really should be mentioned at check in.

Pros:

Landscaping. Theming. Boat to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Lack of housekeeping. Cleanliness not up to past standards.

Reviewed by HeidiHo Review Date: 03/21/2022

Very well themed resort, it is a lot bigger than you think so walking places may be further than you anticipate looking at a map. Food court, gift shop, arcade, etc are all well maintained and staff was super friendly and helpful

Pros:

Boat transportation to Disney Springs, theming and ambiance

Cons:

A room with a connecting door is LOUD-can hear everything in the neighbors room Lots of walking

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/20/2022

Will not return here or any Disney resort. The room was small especially bathroom.
Housekeeping says they are required to do safety checks between 10-4pm.
The issue with this was we requested due to sleeping in on some mornings We wanted no one to come until after 12 noon. They repeatedly came and knocked anyway when we were still sleeping 10am.
They come in look around for no apparent reason. I complained about this many times but to no avail. We have stayed at other resorts at Disney World and nothing like this ever happened. I have health issues and trouble sleeping at night and without getting the extra sleep in the mornings I feel much worse. If I had known about this requirement I would not have stayed here.
Also no housekeeping at all during our stay not that we needed much trash emptied and fresh towels at least but we had to use our own trash bags and chase around the housekeeping staff for towels. For the price of this resort I would expect better than we we received. The food court was just average food. Prices were high for what you got. We stayed the first week of our trip at a Staybridge with two bedrooms and two bath kitchen living room. Very clean and modern updated. We made the wrong decision to stay here at port orleans riverside for our second week. We won’t make the same mistake ever again. The staybridge was half the price or the Disney hotel.

Pros:

Transportation to the parks

Cons:

Daily housekeeping coming in room for no apparent reason to just snoop around I guess. High cost for tiny room: bathroom. No luggage carts at all unless you pay the bell men to help you. There should be available luggage carts at each building but evidently that’s not allowed.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/12/2022

Pool view princess room ended up cheaper than our original booked room due to a promotion. We stayed in Oak Manor in a pool view royal room. It was a short walk to the main lobby and not too much further to the main bus stop. The quick service food court was adequate for our needs. Did not eat at Boatrights. The room décor was very whimsical and the fireworks in the headboard added that extra magic. Our family was all in the Alligator Bayou section and we much preferred our room location to theirs.

Pros:

food court, pools, resort beauty

Cons:

only bus transportation

Reviewed by disneyDANfam17 Review Date: 02/13/2022

Stayed a week with my husband and our two year old. Room was very spacious but was not a fan of the curtain to separate the room from the bathroom. Food and pool bar were great! The only downside was the transportation. We just wished there was something else besides buses to get to the parks. The lines got very long for the bus in the morning. Otherwise, a great resort!

Pros:

Food, location

Cons:

Only one form of transportation to the parks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/13/2022

Well where can I begin. Drove in from Texas all night to be told I won’t be able to get a room until the scheduled check in time of 3pm.
I was offered a room to stay in until the next day but apparently that was not my room.
I asked why I just couldn’t stay in that room for the 6 days and 5 nights. The cast member started rolling her eyes .
I asked her to find me another from for a less expensive payment again rolled her eyes. I guess I was bothering her busy night, which to say it was 12:20 am in the morning. I tried this hotel but I have decided to just stay at POP , where arriving early in the morning has never been a problem not even through COVID.
I’m not having a magical Mickey experience this trip. Disney so big now that me never returning wouldn’t even matter.

Pros:

Beautiful scenery

Cons:

Poor customer service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/10/2022

Very relaxing, beautiful and have wonderfully themed princess rooms. The Disney Springs boat rides and the easy walk to the beignets make this moderate resort one my favorites.

Pros:

Transportation to Disney Springs, scenery and water views, princess rooms

Cons:

Lots of walking, no current outdoor eating.