Reviews of Walt Disney World Swan (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/11/2022

I stayed at the Swan last trip. The Swan and Dolphin do charge a resort fee, but even with the resort fee they are at least $300 cheaper a night than the cheapest standard rooms at Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk. You are still eligible for early morning and deluxe evening hours as well as booking your restaurants 60 days in advance. The location is great being able to walk to Epcot and HS, or take the boat. I personally walked to avoid crowds. Some complain about the buses for AK and MK because they don't drop you off at the entrance like the rest of the Disney resorts. I didn't have an issue with this. I found the Swan and Dolphin buses to be minimally crowded. I never had to worry about standing-room only like I have in past years with the Disney buses. I didn't mind being dropped off at TTC for MK and having to take the boat over if it meant a less-crowded bus.

The staff I didn't find to be as nice as at an actual Disney resort. We had an issue with our bathroom fan not working the entire week of our stay. I texted the resort twice and was told engineering would like at it, and they obviously never did. I complained upon check-out and they refused to do anything for me. I wrote a letter to management and it took 3 months to get a response back from a manager finally who is offering me a $150 credit to use towards our next stay (we are staying at the Dolphin 1/2 the week and Yacht Club the other 1/2 of the week next trip because Swan & Dolphin was already fully booked for the week we're going).

I do hear online of others saying that the management and staff aren't the greatest at the Swan and Dolphin, which is a shame because the location is fantastic and it's so much cheaper than Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk.

Magic-bands do not work at the Swan and Dolphin. They will give you a room key. And for some reason if you book a package MDE will not let you add your park ticket #'s until you check-in. Both years my travel agent had to call Disney for me to add a temporary generic park pass to my account on MDE so I'm able to book restaurants ahead of time 60 days out.

I do wish when the Dining plan returns that Swan and Dolphin resort guests were eligible, but they are not.

Pros:

Cheaper than Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk ; walking distance to Epcot and HS

Cons:

Not dining plan eligible ; magic-bands do not work to open rooms - you'll get a room key ; you cannot link your Disney tickets to MDE until check-in ; staff and management are not as accommodating as at an actual Disney hotel

Reviewed by tgrandolph Review Date: 03/14/2022

I stayed here for 4 nights in December 2021 in a suite: 1 queen/queen room and what the Swan calls a "parlor," which was a large living room area with a sleeper sofa, large dining room table, balcony, and a full bathroom.

Pros:

The rooms were a good size, especially the parlor. We needed a 3rd bed (aka the sleeper sofa), and having the 2nd bathroom was an added perk. I love the Swan/Dolphin property and all that comes with it. Plus, location!

Cons:

It wasn't cheap, but what at WDW is?!?

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/19/2021

I stayed at the swan around the holidays. One thing was it was not very decorated with hardly any lights and wasn’t very festive They had Santa and some very unorganized activity’s. Staff is pissed off. Lacked Christmas spirt. Food menus are tiny/overpriced food and not very tasty.good transportation to parks and back. Pretty nice hotel well taken care off. Looks nice from the outside.There is really like 2 pools not 5. And they are all average with good pool side service. I didn’t feel like a Disney hotel tho, a little Disney shop and that’s about it lacked Disney/ Christmas spirt

Pros:

Good transporting to and from parks early access to Disney parks

Cons:

Not decorated for Christmas/ Disney themed Bad restaurants

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/05/2021

After staying at the Swan resort for a business meeting and upgrading rooms to a “balcony suite”- I came home with more than expected. Understanding that bed bugs are part of the hotel industry, getting in contact with the hotel to let them know of this unexpected and unfortunate experience, took over an hour. Once I was able to finally get in touch with a manager, I was told “housekeeping would be in contact”. I called to let them know about this terrific experience and was hopeful it would prevent future guests and families getting bed bugs. Instead, I have yet to when receive a call regarding this matter. After reading many reviews, this seems to be the manner management acts in and nothing is done until legal action is taken. Very disappointed in this establishment considering the cost of the resort- much less the costs of removing effected items and pest control at home.

Pros:

Cons:

Bed bugs

Reviewed by bringouttheredhead Review Date: 10/04/2021

Reviewing this hotel is difficult and I wish I could give it two different ratings. As a Marriott brand hotel, it is very nice. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are clean, if not a bit boring, the beds were nice. I would would say a solid 8. However, if you are looking for some Disney magic, it is sorely lacking. I would say a 4. There was no transportation from the airport, which we don't use anyways. Transportation to the parks and Disney springs is spotty at best. You cannot use your magic band to charge in the parks. Employees seemed to lack the cast member spark and weren't very friendly. It is very close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but not much different in price from the Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club. If you want Disney, I would suggest staying in one of those.

Pros:

Close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios Clean You can use Marriott Points

Cons:

No Disney Magic Unhappy employees Transportation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/19/2021

I like the location but...

Pros:

location, comfortable beds

Cons:

Rude staff, not Disney transportation, extra fees

Reviewed by ImWhyTheRumIsGone Review Date: 09/07/2021

I stayed here for a work conference. The resort is very nice, comfy bed, great location...that said, I would never stay here for a vacation because it definitely lacks the magic of other resorts. This resort is used a lot for conferences and you can feel that energy. When I stayed, the buses were also shared with the Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach Club (ugh.)...I thought that was bad. Now they no longer use Disney buses. They use Mears. Not a big deal, right? Well, now you get dropped off at TTC if you're going to Magic Kingdom. So you wait for a bus to take you to TTC, then you wait for a boat, monorail or bus at TTC to take you to MK. No, thank you. In addition, there's a resort fee. I can rent DVC at Boardwalk for cheaper, be closer to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and I can remain in the "Disney bubble."

Pros:

location, walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios

Cons:

bus transportation is sub-par, resort fee, not "magical," feels like a conference resort with very non-magical people (because it is)

Reviewed by UrsulasRevenge Review Date: 09/01/2021

Best Location and Great Deal!

Swan and Dolphin resort should not be overlooked if you are visiting Disney. This is especially true if you are wanting to spend a lot of time at Hollywood Studios or Epcot, since both are easily with in walking distance.

We got a great deal from Costco and honestly was cheaper than staying at all the moderate resorts and even some of the Value. This is especially amazing when the amenities of the resort are on par with a deluxe resort given the amazing and wide selection of restaurants, location, truly one of the best pools on Disney property, free Swan paddle boat rides!, and more. Plus if you are a Marriott Rewards Member you earn points.

Note this may not be for families or those that want nonstop Disney themeing on their trip. But for adults and those that are good leaving Disney at the parks you can't pick a better spot. We loved the atmosphere and choice of great entertainment at the resort or walking next door to the Boardwalk or Epcot in the evening was perfect! Would definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Location!!! Price, food, Amenities, Marriott Points. Deluxe property at moderate price.

Cons:

Room was dirty upon arrival, could use with a bit of a refresh on bathrooms, and lack of Disney theme.

Reviewed by BrandonS Review Date: 04/26/2021

The Walt Disney World Swan Hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed at when coming to visit the parks. The location simply cannot be beat. You can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you’re not a fan of walking, you also have the option of taking a complimentary boat to those parks. Their bus service will take you to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. You also are able to walk to the Boardwalk as well as Beach & Yacht Club.

The hotel itself is beautiful. There are courtyard areas to sit out by and relax. The rooms are standard, but I do wish they had more accessible outlets. Plan on bringing power strips if you have things to charge or use during your stay.

You have a few restaurant choices also and are a couple minutes away from the Dolphin which has even more food options. We really liked everything we eat, but was really happy with the Java cafe. We were able to order breakfast sandwiches and coffee and were out of there in under ten minutes.

Pros:

Unbeatable Location Great restaurants Beautiful hotel

Cons:

Needs more outlets in the rooms

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/25/2020

We transferred from the Villas at GF to a last night here at the Swan. We had 2 rooms an alcove room which I really liked and a double Q room which was okay. Our luggage was brought by bell services to the room that was ready and then we headed out to Epcot. The walk is pretty easy but some people in our party thought it was too long and took the friendship boat. It's nice to be able to enter from the International Gateway. Unfortunately we didn't use the pool or the restaurants but the lobby was decorated and the bed comfy after a long day at EP.

Pros:

Walk or boat to EP and HS

Cons:

Our windows that faced the waterway/boat dock had a screen that doesn't really keep it very dark in the morning so no sleeping late.