Reviews of Walt Disney World Swan (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by BrandonS Review Date: 04/26/2021

The Walt Disney World Swan Hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed at when coming to visit the parks. The location simply cannot be beat. You can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you’re not a fan of walking, you also have the option of taking a complimentary boat to those parks. Their bus service will take you to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. You also are able to walk to the Boardwalk as well as Beach & Yacht Club.

The hotel itself is beautiful. There are courtyard areas to sit out by and relax. The rooms are standard, but I do wish they had more accessible outlets. Plan on bringing power strips if you have things to charge or use during your stay.

You have a few restaurant choices also and are a couple minutes away from the Dolphin which has even more food options. We really liked everything we eat, but was really happy with the Java cafe. We were able to order breakfast sandwiches and coffee and were out of there in under ten minutes.

Pros:

Unbeatable Location Great restaurants Beautiful hotel

Cons:

Needs more outlets in the rooms

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/25/2020

We transferred from the Villas at GF to a last night here at the Swan. We had 2 rooms an alcove room which I really liked and a double Q room which was okay. Our luggage was brought by bell services to the room that was ready and then we headed out to Epcot. The walk is pretty easy but some people in our party thought it was too long and took the friendship boat. It's nice to be able to enter from the International Gateway. Unfortunately we didn't use the pool or the restaurants but the lobby was decorated and the bed comfy after a long day at EP.

Pros:

Walk or boat to EP and HS

Cons:

Our windows that faced the waterway/boat dock had a screen that doesn't really keep it very dark in the morning so no sleeping late.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/09/2020

Maising hotel also just because it was by the boardwalk who is very very clean it has very contemporary look to ITIT wasn't on site it was pretty cheap resort these are pretty expensive I have to say though the parking was a bit much

Pros:

Very clean

Cons:

Resort pizza pricey

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 11/12/2020

Stayed from Aug.31-July 2 - so fairly soon after reopening. As two adults traveling without kids we had a great experience. We felt safe, and we really appreciated the atmosphere.

Pros:

great rooms good price walk to two parks earn Marriott points

Cons:

entrance may be a bit stuffy for kids needs a better way to get an easy meal or snacks at night

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/15/2020

We love Swan. As my son was growing up we went to pops and Coronado a lot and it was awesome. As he got older we decided to try Swan.. in 2016 I believe. We are booking our third trip there for May. I know there is a parking fee - but that is true of all DW properties now and at Swan, they dont charge after 5 days which is nice because we stay 8 to 9 days. Pops charged us last year for the full 9 days (we regretted not going to Swan as soon as that trip started) The resort fee does blow but again - thats almost anywhere these days and honestly I wont be surprised if DW starts adding one, they have increased the price of everything year after year.

The proximity is the star - You can take a boat or walk to Epcot and HS... after a lifetime of doing the late night bus crunch at park closing, this is what sold us. Its just awesome. And, the buses to AK and MK are rarely packed like other resorts. One word of caution - the buses run slower so if you want to be at MK for an 8am breakfast - plan of being at the stop early or take an Uber. It doesnt bother us - we are never really in a rush and again - that can happen anywhere - at least in their case I know the timing is about every 45 mins so I can plan accordingly.

Price - they are $$ but if you go through Cotsco travel - you can stay here for close to the same price as a DW moderate and they include the resort fee in the pricing, no surprises. You also have 60 days in advance fast passes just as with any DW resort.

So - If you have little ones and it is really important to have all of the DW theming which I understand - my son loved Pops and Sports when he was little - Go to the DW official resorts because Swan does not have it - they are more like being in a nice downtown hotel that happens to be in the middle of DW - If those things are not as important - to be in the bubble as they say - Swan may be for you. And to me - its in the middle of the bubble! The view out the window is all the theming I need - you see Epcot and you are next to Boardwalk resort - Love it!

Food (as all the DW areas) is pricey. We drive so I take some breakfast items and drinks - we eat mostly in the parks anyway. We have had some reasonable meals at the Fountain (adjacent to Swan in the Dolphin) great burger big enough for husband and I to share!

Pros:

Middle of the magic - walk or boat ride to Epcot and HS - pools are great - nice Gyms to work out - love the feel of the whole resort and its amazing location.

Cons:

Food is a bit pricey but Epcot is a walk away... Slower bus service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/06/2019

This hotel is overpriced for what you get and not get. I have had nicer rooms at other hotels with more to do.

Pros:

We got two bottles of water as part of the $30.00 per night resort fee you pay, plus tax. The room was clean.

Cons:

The pool was closed. There was no place to get snacks. If you wanted the pool or snacks you needed to walk over to the Dolphin Hotel. It also costs you $25.00 plus tax a night to self park your vehicle.

Reviewed by EAP Review Date: 09/30/2018

The Swan is a fantastic Disney option. It’s extremely convenient to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. It has very good restaurant options, ranging from quick service to fine dining (Il Mulino perhaps being the best). The rooms have all been recently updated. The pool/beach complex is large and beautifully kept. All that plus SPG/Marriott Rewards Points. What more could you ask for?

Pros:

Rewards program, lots of dining options, lovely pool, updated rooms

Cons:

Parking fees and resort fees

Reviewed by DisneyMom Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I stayed for two nights (9/21 -9/23) in a king room. We really loved the experience. Very comfortable bed and room in general. My favorite part was walking to and from Epcot, especially in the evening when all the activities were happening at the boardwalk. As another reviewer mentioned, you definitely need to ask about all the extra fees and take them into account when planning, we had some sticker shock upon receiving the bill.

Pros:

Location! Nice amenities, quality bedding and great toiletries.

Cons:

Extra fees outside the advertised price

Reviewed by Suzette Review Date: 06/28/2017

I stayed at the Walt Disney World Swan for FREE thanks to my Travelpointology Plans at Travelpointology.com. I stayed for 6 nights with my daughter in a two queen room that was beautiful. We walked to Epcot, took a boat to Hollywood studios, ate at the boardwalk bakery. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The price was definitely right but even if I paid, I would stay there again!

Pros:

the location is amazing, newly renovated

Reviewed by Samwaite Review Date: 10/16/2016

The hotel is very nice, as one would expect at this price point. You'd also expect the rooms to be mechanically correct at this price point, but not necessarily. Ours had 2 issues - a toilet that gurgled loudly and belched up water from the bowl onto the floor several times a night; and about half the electrical outlets didn't work.

Another issue is additional costs. The quoted rates don't include the mandatory resort fees, parking and the taxes imposed on those charges. You'll end up paying $80 - 100 more per night, depending on the room rate you're paying (maybe more for the highest rates).

When you drive into the driveway, if you choose to self-park, you might think you can briefly park outside the marked valet area and unload your luggage and check in. You'll be confronted rudely by the valet staff and their supervisors if you do. I tried parking well outside the marked area (nearly to the end of the driveway), and had a very unpleasant encounter with the valets. I tried explaining that I just wanted to take my bags in and then park in the parking lot, but they would have nothing of it. Be warned and bring your muscles, because you'll have to carry your bags from the very far away self parking lot. They claimed it was for traffic control, but I saw large trucks and buses parked in the same area for long periods, and there was no issue. Just be aware that the hotel lets these guys run their own hustle out front. If the entire driveway is valet only, then they should mark it that way and avoid these confrontations. I've traveled all over the country and never had an issue briefly parking out front to check in. Just be forewarned.

Pros:

Location, transportation options

Cons:

additional costs, rude valets, mechanical problems in room