Reviews of Walt Disney World Swan (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/19/2021

I like the location but...

Pros:

location, comfortable beds

Cons:

Rude staff, not Disney transportation, extra fees

Reviewed by ImWhyTheRumIsGone Review Date: 09/07/2021

I stayed here for a work conference. The resort is very nice, comfy bed, great location...that said, I would never stay here for a vacation because it definitely lacks the magic of other resorts. This resort is used a lot for conferences and you can feel that energy. When I stayed, the buses were also shared with the Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach Club (ugh.)...I thought that was bad. Now they no longer use Disney buses. They use Mears. Not a big deal, right? Well, now you get dropped off at TTC if you're going to Magic Kingdom. So you wait for a bus to take you to TTC, then you wait for a boat, monorail or bus at TTC to take you to MK. No, thank you. In addition, there's a resort fee. I can rent DVC at Boardwalk for cheaper, be closer to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and I can remain in the "Disney bubble."

Pros:

location, walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios

Cons:

bus transportation is sub-par, resort fee, not "magical," feels like a conference resort with very non-magical people (because it is)

Reviewed by UrsulasRevenge Review Date: 09/01/2021

Best Location and Great Deal!

Swan and Dolphin resort should not be overlooked if you are visiting Disney. This is especially true if you are wanting to spend a lot of time at Hollywood Studios or Epcot, since both are easily with in walking distance.

We got a great deal from Costco and honestly was cheaper than staying at all the moderate resorts and even some of the Value. This is especially amazing when the amenities of the resort are on par with a deluxe resort given the amazing and wide selection of restaurants, location, truly one of the best pools on Disney property, free Swan paddle boat rides!, and more. Plus if you are a Marriott Rewards Member you earn points.

Note this may not be for families or those that want nonstop Disney themeing on their trip. But for adults and those that are good leaving Disney at the parks you can't pick a better spot. We loved the atmosphere and choice of great entertainment at the resort or walking next door to the Boardwalk or Epcot in the evening was perfect! Would definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Location!!! Price, food, Amenities, Marriott Points. Deluxe property at moderate price.

Cons:

Room was dirty upon arrival, could use with a bit of a refresh on bathrooms, and lack of Disney theme.

Reviewed by BrandonS Review Date: 04/26/2021

The Walt Disney World Swan Hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed at when coming to visit the parks. The location simply cannot be beat. You can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you’re not a fan of walking, you also have the option of taking a complimentary boat to those parks. Their bus service will take you to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. You also are able to walk to the Boardwalk as well as Beach & Yacht Club.

The hotel itself is beautiful. There are courtyard areas to sit out by and relax. The rooms are standard, but I do wish they had more accessible outlets. Plan on bringing power strips if you have things to charge or use during your stay.

You have a few restaurant choices also and are a couple minutes away from the Dolphin which has even more food options. We really liked everything we eat, but was really happy with the Java cafe. We were able to order breakfast sandwiches and coffee and were out of there in under ten minutes.

Pros:

Unbeatable Location Great restaurants Beautiful hotel

Cons:

Needs more outlets in the rooms

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/25/2020

We transferred from the Villas at GF to a last night here at the Swan. We had 2 rooms an alcove room which I really liked and a double Q room which was okay. Our luggage was brought by bell services to the room that was ready and then we headed out to Epcot. The walk is pretty easy but some people in our party thought it was too long and took the friendship boat. It's nice to be able to enter from the International Gateway. Unfortunately we didn't use the pool or the restaurants but the lobby was decorated and the bed comfy after a long day at EP.

Pros:

Walk or boat to EP and HS

Cons:

Our windows that faced the waterway/boat dock had a screen that doesn't really keep it very dark in the morning so no sleeping late.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/09/2020

Maising hotel also just because it was by the boardwalk who is very very clean it has very contemporary look to ITIT wasn't on site it was pretty cheap resort these are pretty expensive I have to say though the parking was a bit much

Pros:

Very clean

Cons:

Resort pizza pricey

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 11/12/2020

Stayed from Aug.31-July 2 - so fairly soon after reopening. As two adults traveling without kids we had a great experience. We felt safe, and we really appreciated the atmosphere.

Pros:

great rooms good price walk to two parks earn Marriott points

Cons:

entrance may be a bit stuffy for kids needs a better way to get an easy meal or snacks at night

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/15/2020

We love Swan. As my son was growing up we went to pops and Coronado a lot and it was awesome. As he got older we decided to try Swan.. in 2016 I believe. We are booking our third trip there for May. I know there is a parking fee - but that is true of all DW properties now and at Swan, they dont charge after 5 days which is nice because we stay 8 to 9 days. Pops charged us last year for the full 9 days (we regretted not going to Swan as soon as that trip started) The resort fee does blow but again - thats almost anywhere these days and honestly I wont be surprised if DW starts adding one, they have increased the price of everything year after year.

The proximity is the star - You can take a boat or walk to Epcot and HS... after a lifetime of doing the late night bus crunch at park closing, this is what sold us. Its just awesome. And, the buses to AK and MK are rarely packed like other resorts. One word of caution - the buses run slower so if you want to be at MK for an 8am breakfast - plan of being at the stop early or take an Uber. It doesnt bother us - we are never really in a rush and again - that can happen anywhere - at least in their case I know the timing is about every 45 mins so I can plan accordingly.

Price - they are $$ but if you go through Cotsco travel - you can stay here for close to the same price as a DW moderate and they include the resort fee in the pricing, no surprises. You also have 60 days in advance fast passes just as with any DW resort.

So - If you have little ones and it is really important to have all of the DW theming which I understand - my son loved Pops and Sports when he was little - Go to the DW official resorts because Swan does not have it - they are more like being in a nice downtown hotel that happens to be in the middle of DW - If those things are not as important - to be in the bubble as they say - Swan may be for you. And to me - its in the middle of the bubble! The view out the window is all the theming I need - you see Epcot and you are next to Boardwalk resort - Love it!

Food (as all the DW areas) is pricey. We drive so I take some breakfast items and drinks - we eat mostly in the parks anyway. We have had some reasonable meals at the Fountain (adjacent to Swan in the Dolphin) great burger big enough for husband and I to share!

Pros:

Middle of the magic - walk or boat ride to Epcot and HS - pools are great - nice Gyms to work out - love the feel of the whole resort and its amazing location.

Cons:

Food is a bit pricey but Epcot is a walk away... Slower bus service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/06/2019

This hotel is overpriced for what you get and not get. I have had nicer rooms at other hotels with more to do.

Pros:

We got two bottles of water as part of the $30.00 per night resort fee you pay, plus tax. The room was clean.

Cons:

The pool was closed. There was no place to get snacks. If you wanted the pool or snacks you needed to walk over to the Dolphin Hotel. It also costs you $25.00 plus tax a night to self park your vehicle.

Reviewed by EAP Review Date: 09/30/2018

The Swan is a fantastic Disney option. It’s extremely convenient to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. It has very good restaurant options, ranging from quick service to fine dining (Il Mulino perhaps being the best). The rooms have all been recently updated. The pool/beach complex is large and beautifully kept. All that plus SPG/Marriott Rewards Points. What more could you ask for?

Pros:

Rewards program, lots of dining options, lovely pool, updated rooms

Cons:

Parking fees and resort fees