Reviews of Fort Wilderness Campground

Reviewed by Hodsonfamilyof5 Review Date: 03/17/2022

We love taking the RV and Fort Wilderness is a family favorite. We love the laid back atmosphere and the friendliness of all the other campers. Unfortunately it's a really long drive from the west coast so we don't get to do it often. But we have very fond memories of Fort Wilderness. So much so that on our next trip we're staying at the cabins!

Pros:

The relaxed atmosphere, the convenience of the boats, the trading posts, and the food!

Cons:

Internal bus system adds time.

Reviewed by TotallySophia Review Date: 02/24/2022

We stay at the campground often in our motorhome with our 2 golden retrievers. All the cast members are great, especially Victor at Crockett’s Tavern! There are so many activities here that most of our trips don’t even include visiting the parks. There’s wildlife everywhere and we love riding in our golf cart looking at everyone’s decorations. The holidays here are like no other!

Pros:

Seeing the horses at Tri Circle D Ranch. Large dog park. Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach

Cons:

Can be pricey. Difficult to get around without a bike or golf cart (although internal bus transportation is reliable)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/26/2022

Do not do it. Worst case experience ever. No one cares about you. You are just another bus stop and that is it

Pros:

Cons:

Everything is horrible, from service to experience to caring they thing you are the worst.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/07/2022

My favorite resort! My son and I come at Christmas and it’s beautifully decorated for holidays. We even bring our own lights for our cabin and a small tree for inside the cabin. Its the perfect setting to feel at home for Christmas but with magic kingdom just a short boat ride away The quick service and table service food is some of my favorite at DW. The staff is incredible. We just got home from our second Christmas at the fort. Daryl in the golf cart center made us feel like family returning. He is such an asset to Disney. I live in texas and I wish I could hire him to work in my office. I highly recommend Fort Wilderness!

Pros:

Can park right at your cabin, outdoor grills and picnic tables at your cabin, easy boat ride to MK, delicious restaurants, several pools, can save money by cooking in room, incredibly friendly staff, especially Daryl in golf cart center. 2 grocery stores, can decorate your cabin during the holidays

Cons:

Need to rent golf cart ( but not actually a con because the golf cart minimizes walking so much)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2021

It is supposed to be one of the top 10 campgrounds in the U.S but it is far from it. We have stayed at state parks that are nicer that this. We paid for a premium site. It was not. It was about 15 feet from our awning to the the next camper. The pad was covered in algae and extremely slick. The road going thru the loop is very narrow. It is also very noisy in the campground. I would not recommend it. The workers either don’t speak or are rude. Without a golf cart you cannot get around the area.

Pros:

Cons:

This campground is for people that are looking for a place to stay close to the attractions. Highly overpriced.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/22/2021

This is my absolute FAVORITE resort! I stayed here twice in 2021. There’s so much to do here! I love the trail rides. You have to be at least 9 years of age to ride. A golf cart is a must! A loop to request is loop 100. I never got to stay here but it’s near the Settlement. The food here is amazing. My family loves P&J’s Southern Takeout but we wish Mickey’s Backyard BBQ would reopen. You have to give this resort a try!

Pros:

Food, activities, spacious cabins

Cons:

Transportation ( golf cart necessary )

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/01/2020

Love the campground

Pros:

Best campground

Reviewed by MelissaJane Review Date: 05/07/2020

Absolutely love the Fort! Been coming here for years! So much to do if you're not going into the parks.

Pros:

You can be outside from the moment you wake up. Just a boat ride away from MK All sorts of outdoor activities to do! Chip & Dale campfire sing along

Cons:

Snakes & gators! Can be a far walk to pool, restaurants, stores if you don't rent a golf cart.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/29/2020

Fort Wilderness Campground is very clean and very beautiful. We are nearing the end of a 7 night stay with 4 kids. I had to give the campground a 5 star (and was tempted to give and even lower rating) because EVERY SINGLE NIGHT starting at 9:45pm and continuing on and off until about 10:45pm there was LOUD and UNECESSARY music that would wake our children up and ruin our night of rest before going to the Disneyworld parks the next day. I called every night to let someone know that there was LOUD music coming from somewhere in the campground and that it was very disturbing for that to happen so late at night in a family campground but nothing was ever done about it. And this music was not coming from the parks or the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. The fireworks go off at 8pm and they are loud but 8pm
Is a reasonable time for fireworks and loud noises. 9:45pm and later is ridiculous for there to be such LOUD music playing that you and your children are woken up every single nights. Very disappointed that Disney allows this to continue every night in their family campground.

Pros:

Clean and well maintained sights

Cons:

LOUD & ANNOYING Nickelodeon type music playing every single night that woke our family up and ruined our sleep. Very disappointing as this never happened years ago.

Reviewed by anitadarling71 Review Date: 01/13/2020

By far this is the best campground we have stayed at in our camper. It was a little pricey getting the camper down there (we came all the way from Missouri) but other than that we had a great little spot. We even had help from another camper to back into our spot (our initial pull in spot wasn't ready so they asked if we be okay with this spot). We were close to the bus pick up area and the meadow pool. It was neat when other campers and cast members left chalk pictures on our lot.

Pros:

Quiet, the shower houses and laundry rooms were always clean and well kept. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Cons:

Waiting 10-15 sometimes for the bus to take you to the main bus stop to get to AK, Epcot or Hollywood studios. Not really a con but the campsite is huge, and we were there for a week and still did not see and do everything there was. I think having a golf cart is a must to get around