Reviews of Fort Wilderness Campground

A Disney Camping Resort.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/21/2019

All time favorite even before when cabins were trailers.

Pros:

Quiet well equipped cabins,great area to walk or ride,bikes,carts,horses,boats,Trails End restaurant.

Cons:

Getting around waiting for bus.Not bad and minor inconvenience of internal transportation system tolerable

Reviewed by epelfrey5 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Very nice. Best campground I’ve ever stayed at!! Clean, nice air conditioned shower houses. Good laundry facilities. Shower house and laundry close to most camp site. Great pool!!

Pros:

Clean. Excellent pool and shower houses.

Cons:

It is so large! You have to rent a golf cart or use the buses to get around because it is so large!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/05/2019

We just got home after 3 nights at the campground with my wife and small dog. Rented a golf cart, the best way to enjoy the park, and had a wonderful time. Never went to a park but did enjoy the boat rides and walking around the Resorts on the monorail. Looking forward to our next visit!

Pros:

Quiet, clean and relaxing!

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by abayes Review Date: 01/18/2019

We go all the time with our family. Always an incredible experience! I make sure to tell anyone who enjoys camping to go at least once. Even people who don't like camping will have a good time here.

Pros:

Everything! Clean bathrooms, great food and fun. You're at Disney World without feeling the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Reviewed by Volt Family Review Date: 11/05/2018

Emily at the pool on fri, sun & mon is amazing. My kids can’t wait to see her when they get to the pool. She dances and is so amazing with kids!

Pros:

Emily at the pool. Entertainment coordinator/lifeguard

Cons:

Not more cast members like her

Reviewed by Disneynerd5 Review Date: 09/29/2018

My favorite place in the world!!! The only place I will camp! I’ve only camped here in tents so your experience will be different if you use a camper or stay in the cabins. The bathrooms are heated or air conditioned based on the weather. Hardly any issues with bugs or animals. I love that it’s so close to magic kingdom and you can take the boats to the other resorts. Super peaceful and quiet during the day. Also you can see the fireworks from the beach and the electric water pageant which is my favorite!!

Pros:

Best place to camp, close to magic kingdom

Cons:

Can get loud if camping next to large groups

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I took our daughter and her boyfriend to WDW for a week following college graduation. The cabins at Fort Wilderness were perfect for 4 adults. We had plenty of room in the cabin without tripping over each other. The full kitchen came in very handy on those early entrance to the parks. Took our dirty laundry by golf cart to the laundry mat, clean, well lit and all washers and dryers worked. Very nice not to have a suit case full of dirty clothes when we got home. Lots of fun and free amenities for the young and young at heart.

Pros:

Large resort and not right on top of neighbors. Rented a golf cart, and what a fun way to get around the resort. Mouse Keeping always had our cabin looking fabulous - funny how college graduates looked forward to the clean towels in fun animal shapes!!! Hands down, this is our absolute favorite resort!!!!

Cons:

Our back porch light did not work. Bus home from Disney Springs took about 40 minutes to arrive.

Reviewed by volleyfrog119 Review Date: 03/21/2017

We stayed at the Fort MLK weekend 2017. Wow what a huge place! We had a little mix up at check in but it had to do with our reservation being booked twice. Our Travel agent worked that out. We got right in to site 414. It was nice and close to the boat launch and all the restaurants and store. Everything else was just a golf cart ride away. We brought our own cart. Nice golf cart paths and parking everywhere. Enjoyed Chip N Dale sing a long on our first night. Nice little arcade for my son and husband at Pioneer Hall. The buses ran smoothly to and from the parks. The boat launch also ran great. The boat launch staff were very friendly. Enjoyed other activities on site like the fireworks and the electric water pageant. The comfort stations were very clean and so was the rest of the park. Nice modern trash receptacles. Friendly folks, we WILL be back again!!

Pros:

nice and quiet, big lots, boat launch to Magic Kingdom

Cons:

nothing negative

Reviewed by abayes Review Date: 01/06/2015

We recently stayed at Fort Wilderness with my family and it was fantastic. We almost always stay here and it never fails to live up to Disney standards. If you are looking for a great campground with plenty of things to do then don't wait to book. It is without a doubt the nicest campground you will ever stay at. The transportation isn't a big deal to me as I am a very patient person so I didn't mind the bus and boat wait. The hospitality of the staff is also superb and is every bit as good as the main resort staff.

Pros:

Cleanliness, Things To Do,

Reviewed by kmdebree Review Date: 01/19/2014

I am giving Fort Wilderness a rating of a ten, it is a beautiful and wonderful place. I was only
disappointed by the bath house and I will tell you why, the showers. There are only four in the women's room and when people are in them the condensation falls from the ceiling which is very gross. We did not have access to a shower in our camping vehicle so we had to use the showers at Fort Wilderness.

Pros:

Beautiful, clean,

Cons:

the showers