Reviews of Fort Wilderness Campground

A Disney Camping Resort.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/01/2020

Love the campground

Pros:

Best campground

Reviewed by MelissaJane Review Date: 05/07/2020

Absolutely love the Fort! Been coming here for years! So much to do if you're not going into the parks.

Pros:

You can be outside from the moment you wake up. Just a boat ride away from MK All sorts of outdoor activities to do! Chip & Dale campfire sing along

Cons:

Snakes & gators! Can be a far walk to pool, restaurants, stores if you don't rent a golf cart.

Reviewed by Amanda94 Review Date: 01/13/2020

By far this is the best campground we have stayed at in our camper. It was a little pricey getting the camper down there (we came all the way from Missouri) but other than that we had a great little spot. We even had help from another camper to back into our spot (our initial pull in spot wasn't ready so they asked if we be okay with this spot). We were close to the bus pick up area and the meadow pool. It was neat when other campers and cast members left chalk pictures on our lot.

Pros:

Quiet, the shower houses and laundry rooms were always clean and well kept. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Cons:

Waiting 10-15 sometimes for the bus to take you to the main bus stop to get to AK, Epcot or Hollywood studios. Not really a con but the campsite is huge, and we were there for a week and still did not see and do everything there was. I think having a golf cart is a must to get around

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/21/2019

All time favorite even before when cabins were trailers.

Pros:

Quiet well equipped cabins,great area to walk or ride,bikes,carts,horses,boats,Trails End restaurant.

Cons:

Getting around waiting for bus.Not bad and minor inconvenience of internal transportation system tolerable

Reviewed by epelfrey5 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Very nice. Best campground I’ve ever stayed at!! Clean, nice air conditioned shower houses. Good laundry facilities. Shower house and laundry close to most camp site. Great pool!!

Pros:

Clean. Excellent pool and shower houses.

Cons:

It is so large! You have to rent a golf cart or use the buses to get around because it is so large!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/05/2019

We just got home after 3 nights at the campground with my wife and small dog. Rented a golf cart, the best way to enjoy the park, and had a wonderful time. Never went to a park but did enjoy the boat rides and walking around the Resorts on the monorail. Looking forward to our next visit!

Pros:

Quiet, clean and relaxing!

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by abayes Review Date: 01/18/2019

We go all the time with our family. Always an incredible experience! I make sure to tell anyone who enjoys camping to go at least once. Even people who don't like camping will have a good time here.

Pros:

Everything! Clean bathrooms, great food and fun. You're at Disney World without feeling the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Reviewed by Volt Family Review Date: 11/05/2018

Emily at the pool on fri, sun & mon is amazing. My kids can’t wait to see her when they get to the pool. She dances and is so amazing with kids!

Pros:

Emily at the pool. Entertainment coordinator/lifeguard

Cons:

Not more cast members like her

Reviewed by Disneynerd5 Review Date: 09/29/2018

My favorite place in the world!!! The only place I will camp! I’ve only camped here in tents so your experience will be different if you use a camper or stay in the cabins. The bathrooms are heated or air conditioned based on the weather. Hardly any issues with bugs or animals. I love that it’s so close to magic kingdom and you can take the boats to the other resorts. Super peaceful and quiet during the day. Also you can see the fireworks from the beach and the electric water pageant which is my favorite!!

Pros:

Best place to camp, close to magic kingdom

Cons:

Can get loud if camping next to large groups

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I took our daughter and her boyfriend to WDW for a week following college graduation. The cabins at Fort Wilderness were perfect for 4 adults. We had plenty of room in the cabin without tripping over each other. The full kitchen came in very handy on those early entrance to the parks. Took our dirty laundry by golf cart to the laundry mat, clean, well lit and all washers and dryers worked. Very nice not to have a suit case full of dirty clothes when we got home. Lots of fun and free amenities for the young and young at heart.

Pros:

Large resort and not right on top of neighbors. Rented a golf cart, and what a fun way to get around the resort. Mouse Keeping always had our cabin looking fabulous - funny how college graduates looked forward to the clean towels in fun animal shapes!!! Hands down, this is our absolute favorite resort!!!!

Cons:

Our back porch light did not work. Bus home from Disney Springs took about 40 minutes to arrive.