Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by BuzzedLightBeer Review Date: 12/15/2020

This is a highly underrated resort. Deluxe pricing, amenities and theming for a moderate price. The restaurants offer cultural cuisine, but also familiar favorites for less adventurous eaters. The theming is beautiful and I highly recommend taking a walk around the property at sunset. Some people might not like how spread out it is, but I think it's a bonus. Some people complain that it's a convention center hotel and I don't get that. Seeing people in suits with laniards does't really bother me, plus you'll probably be out at the parks when most of these people are out and about. My only complaint is that it has limited transportation. I wish they had found a way to get the gondolas at the Coronado.

Pros:

Deluxe quality for moderate price.

Cons:

Only offers buses for transportation.

Reviewed by Jnet Review Date: 12/07/2020

I really liked the pool area and the hot tub was a good size and temperature. I stayed on the second story facing out from the centre of the resort and my rooms was very quiet. It did not take long to walk to the pool or the lobby/restaurants.

Pros:

The pool area. Rooms were nice.

Cons:

Multiple bus stops make the trip to the park and home again feel longer. The food options at the resort didn't thrill me with dietary restrictions.

Reviewed by Pookie99 Review Date: 12/06/2020

This hotel needs to be split into two, the tower should be a separate hotel. If you are not in the tower, expect lots of walking. The food is also marginal at best outside of the tower. Focus is only on the tower.

Pros:

Non tower rooms are large, quiet and very comfortable. This is the only reason I gave this report a 6.

Cons:

Rooms are far from service, food and transportation. Grounds people do not respect people walking on sidewalk so be careful.

Reviewed by MainersDoDisney Review Date: 11/18/2020

Three words: Gran Destino Tower. The addition of the tower is a game changer for this resort! We stayed in the tower for a 5-day trip in November 2019 and absolutely loved it! We always stay moderate as we don't have kids. We've concluded we will always stay here on future trips. Not only did we love the luxurious feel of the tower and our peaceful water view, we also loved that there are tons of dining options here so we never got tired of anything. We stuck to the food court at first because that's what we were used to, but by our second day we started branching out to all of the others and ended up dining at each one throughout our stay! The only negative for us at Coronado was the bus transportation; having 4 stops and the Tower being the last, the buses were often full and would bypass the tower stop. We used Lyft our last few days simply for convenience and to save time - the pick up & drop off point is the tower. Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs undoubtedly gives you more of a Deluxe feel than a traditional moderate. You won't be disappointed!

Pros:

Grand Destino Tower, lots of dining options, close to 3 of the 4 parks.

Cons:

Bus transportation to parks can be hit or miss

Reviewed by MJandJimmy Review Date: 11/14/2020

First time at this hotel. Beautiful. We stayed in building 5, which was bus stop 2, so was great for getting to park and being (usually) the first stop coming back. The grounds are well taken care of, and the room was unbelievable. That rain shower head!

Pros:

Beautiful space. Ride to parks on bus was not that bad.

Cons:

Bed was a bit too firm. The air system was placed in an odd spot for the room. The vent was directed at the window/front wall.

Reviewed by KristineH128 Review Date: 11/12/2020

Love this resort! Both the Casitas and the Tower

Pros:

Beautiful, moderate but feels deluxe, Tower is new and PERFECT.

Cons:

Unless you’re preferred or in the Tower the walk after the parks to your room hurts.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2020

We stayed in a preferred room and it sadly was not worth it. The room itself was very large and nice we were way to far away from food and transportation. We also were on the top floor and had to use an elevator from a different building to get to the room because there was only 1 elevator that would reach that floor. It was quiet and clean but a hassle if you actually wanted to do anything.

Pros:

The food at the bar Rix. Large and very clean rooms. Extremely quiet.

Cons:

Bad food. This needs to be 2 hotels. If you are not staying in the tower, do not stay there unless you really like walking. The focus is on the tower and nothing else. Transportation is very far away in some parts so be careful. Tower staff not very helpful or friendly but the rest of the staff was great.

Reviewed by RyanLeman Review Date: 09/21/2020

My wife and I stayed here in February 2020, the Gran Destino tower is beautiful! Definitely would stay here again. I recommend the Gran Destino for couples, especially newlyweeds!

Pros:

Beautiful, Modern, Great Food!

Cons:

Transportation, Lots of walking as it is a large resort

Reviewed by RobinEgg Review Date: 09/21/2020

We stayed in the Gran Destino Tower the first two weeks of December 2019 and loved it. Club Level was much cheaper then because it was new, so if they ever offer a discount again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The rooms were beautiful, view was gorgeous, and club level was wonderful. The food there wasn't top level, but it was fine and we certainly took advantage of it. I was happy with coffee and a danish every morning (it's vacation!) and my husband ate scrambled eggs ever day, which he got tired of but we couldn't complain because we knew were were getting our money's worth. As we left for the parks each morning, we loaded up on bottled water and bottled iced tea so that alone paid for club level! I enjoyed a glass of wine every evening and just sitting in the room with the gorgeous view was so relaxing. We were lucky enough to have our rooms on the same level as the club, so our grandkids could come and go -- if Grandma wasn't in bed sleeping she was in the club and they joined me. The service throughout the hotel was great, we even did laundry there and it was easy. If I had to name a downside it would be the food court, that food didn't look good or taste good. It also was a little disappointing that the buses had to pass by our stop to drop off in a certain order and we were always last. I wish club level could be dropped off first but I was sitting so I really shouldn't complain.

Pros:

Club Level

Cons:

Food court, bus

Reviewed by SueC Review Date: 09/20/2020

We stayed at the Coronado in March 2019 for 4 nights. We stayed in Casitas 4 with a view of the lake. The room was renovated and very nice. We only had a short walk to the food court so refilling mugs was convenient. It’s always a good idea to request a room close to the main building if you don’t want a long walk. It’s so pretty though that the walk is nice. I always describe it as like a spa but with nachos. The grounds are beautiful. Loved the fountains. Because the resort is so large there are several stops on the bus loop so it takes a little longer to get around.

Pros:

Updated rooms, beautiful grounds

Cons:

Bus loop