Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by AbbyCadabby96 Review Date: 05/15/2021

The first Disney resort I’ve stayed at and it was amazing! The theme, the detail in the tower, and the grounds are just beautiful. My group was comprised of all adults and we chose Coronado since it seemed to cater more to the older crowd. And boy did it deliver! Our rooms are updated, beautiful, and super cozy. Plenty of storage... I was so impressed. We stayed in the Cabanas right between the Dig Site and Bus Stop 4 (5 minute walk). There are relaxation pools at each village if you want to be away from the louder crowds at the Dig Site. Amazing choices at El Mercado and Cafe Rix. Rix itself was alright, but you HAVE TO GET THE WATCHOS... just trust me on that. Three Bridges looks amazing, but they only have a walk up wait list and the wait can be an upwards of 90 minutes to two hours, yikes! I do appreciate that on the MyDisney app you can see a full list of bus times for each village and the tower per park. Best way to still get your Joffery’s coffee and make it to the bus stop. It does get a little dicey at the parks to make it back to the resort waiting on a bus. Overall, I would happily come back to Coronado Springs 😊

Pros:

Gorgeous! Variety of food options around the resort. Spacious and clean rooms. Lots of storage in the room. Consistent buses to the parks.

Cons:

Can be hard to get into Three Bridges. Buses back to the resort from the hotel will take a while.

Reviewed by Anthony0711 Review Date: 05/12/2021

I gave this resort another chance in May and I was pleasantly surprised! The lounges and restaurants are great, and there was a nice relaxing vibe everywhere that you went!

Pros:

Many dining locations that are open late, smart TVs in rooms, multiple gyms and a spa on property

Cons:

Only uses busses, many bus stops, can be a long walk to the lobby if you have a room outside of the tower or casitas

Reviewed by MBrooks Review Date: 05/03/2021

This was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at, so it holds a special place in my heart. Beautiful resort with a Disney flare without being “over the top” character wise.

Pros:

Queen sized beds made the stay comfortable, loved the main pool, laundry are was always clean and nice. Easy walk to anywhere on the resort, buses ran frequently.

Reviewed by NewNewEnglander Review Date: 05/02/2021

We stayed here last week as a party of 6. We stayed on the top floor of the destino tower with a water view. We had two rooms next to each other which was nice. The view was gorgeous one of the best at Disney outside of Animal Kingdom( come on giraffes!). The grounds and pools are nice. The food options were meek. Either Rix or Fast food. We could never get into the 3 bar and grill as the wait was always 90+ mins. Our biggest complaints are the buses. We were stop 1 and would wait up to 30-40 mins for a bus to and from parks. The 2nd is the cheer competitions. They really shouldn't put people on the same floor with non sports teams. We would do the parks all day from 630 until 8 and go back and sleep only to be woken at 11-12pm by screaming girls flipping down the hallways. When we said something it only made things worse.

Thankfully we only had 2 days if this as we left but isn't how we should remember Disney is it? Just be warned if you stay here you will have to deal with the large crowds of young kids. We don't stay at the value resorts for this reason and most likely won't stay again because of this.

Pros:

Beautiful view! Nice pool for kids.

Cons:

Horrible bus wait times. Sports competition teams placed on same floors with families.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/22/2021

I stayed at the Coronado in 2018 while the Destino towers and 3 bridges bar and grill were being actively built. Although there was definitely noticeable construction going on, and it was my first experience at a Disney Resort, We had a great time! Our room was comfortable, clean, and standard size for 2 queens. Bathroom was nice, room was also updated! Food was decent, nothing great that's for sure. Pools were nice. Our only point to consider for others is it's a biiiiig resort. We were in Casitas 5 which was pretty far away from the main building, and also far away from the main pool. So when we had to grab dinner from the main building, and it started to pour rain with thunder and lightning after 8 hours in the park.. Yeah. We did not enjoy that walk. If you can get close to the main building or pool (if that is important to you), it's a great resort. Transportation was always fairly quick and seamless, but I do wish there was another form of transportation to the parks such as the skyliner.

All in all, I'd recommend and will probably return to this hotel in the future!! 🙂

Pros:

- Nice, updated rooms - Bus services ran smoothly - Nice resort over all - Not overly loud - No children running wild

Cons:

- BIG resort. Your room could be far away from main points of interest - Foodcourt food was decent. Nothing special

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 04/12/2021

We stayed in the Grand Destino Tower the last week of March. The Tower and grounds are lovely and all the Cast Members we encountered were friendly and helpful. We had a water view room and the view was amazing. The room is large with lots of storage space, the size is on par with a deluxe resort and the bathroom is spacious with a large shower and separate space for the toilet. The food situation is less then idea. The food court only offers grab and go with very limited items, because of this we avoided the food court and found other options within Disney. Since we had a car, we drove to the parks and Disney Springs, which were less than 10 minutes from the resort. The only negative is the tower and rooms have zero Disney personality, but that will not stop us from staying here again.

Pros:

Large rooms in the tower. Location

Cons:

Lack of food options

Reviewed by DisneyGirl13 Review Date: 03/31/2021

I stayed at this resort for my 13th birthday from March 12th-March 14th. I absolutely loved it! The Gran Destino Tower is so nice on the outside and inside. From the inside, it feels like your staying at a nice,deluxe resort in Las Vegas. I love how the pool is Mayan themed, and I absolutely love the Pyramid in the center too. I love the waterslide by the pool, it is so much fun. I like how in the middle of the slide, there is a Cheetah that pours you with water! What is there no to love about that! I stayed in the Casitas part of the Resort. Overall, a very nice stay at Coronado Springs. I would recommend this Resort for families with kids that are anywhere from 10-18 years old, because if you were to stay here with younger kids, they would want to stay a a resort such as Art of Animation or Pop Century, that is more Disney, than Coronado Springs. If you are planning a trip to Disney World, and are looking for a Moderate Resort to stay at, look no further that Coronado Springs. You will not be let down!

Pros:

The Pyramid at the pool! Lots of places to dine at. Lots of things to do, you will not be bored.

Cons:

Large resort, so it takes time for you to get from one place to the next. Buses are only option for transportation. Not very younger kid friendly.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/27/2021

Staying at Gran Destino Tower in Coronado Springs is like getting a luxury room for moderate price!

Pros:

Luxurious rooms at Gran Destino Tower

Cons:

Transportation takes long because this resort is far from most parks.

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/16/2021

I've only stayed in the Gran Destino Tower and it was fabulous, ESPECIALLY for how much (or how little) we paid. You can stay here for about half the price of a Deluxe resort, and it is very similar in accommodations. The Tower is beautifully themed but is not overly Disney. A couple of things that we didn't love about it was that it definitely had a convention vibe to it, as there was a convention going on here when we visited. Also, we didn't realize that the rooms didn't have balconies, so not the best if you are looking for some fresh air. The crowd was definitely not made up of families visiting the theme parks and it was mostly adults, so this might not be the best option if you have little kids. However, the pool here is awesome and there are a lot of activities. If you have kids, you may want to stay in other rooms instead of the tower. The bus system here isn't the best and you may find yourself waiting a while in order to get to the parks. There are a lot of dining options here though, and some of them are really great. I LOVED the Barcelona Lounge. It is a great place to grab a Spanish coffee in the morning before heading to the parks. This is also a great resort to explore because it is so big. We honestly enjoyed just walking around the different trails and the bridges that go over the lake. We even saw turtles in the lake! Overall, the Tower is a great place if you are on an adults only trip and don't care for overly Disney themed resorts. Also if you are looking for a deluxe-style resort, but don't want to pay for deluxe pricing, this is a great option.

Pros:

Deluxe style theming with moderate pricing, good food options, AWESOME pool and outdoor activities.

Cons:

The bus system can be slow, if you aren't staying in the tower you may end up walking a lot, Convention vibe (in the Tower) may not be great for families with small children

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/05/2021

stayed here in january 2019 and it was great! We stayed in Casitas 5 which was the perfect spot for us. The first busstop of the resort was a 2 minute walk from our room and the main building was shorter than a 10 minute walk.
El Mercado was great. We didn't eat in the rest of the restaurants because we ate at the parks.

Pros:

el mercado large rooms busloop not that many children

Cons:

can't name one