Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/06/2020

Disney Customer Service has gone for good. Horrible service only interested in money

Pros:

Cons:

if you are in a wheelchair unable to walk the beds here are so high I had to sleep in my chair because I could not transfer disney was not accomodating

Reviewed by ajrob Review Date: 11/19/2013

Travel party of 8, 3 rooms. Checked in online, arrived to resort by 10:30am. Requested ajoining rooms, or at least nearby, NOT GRANTED. After first night we were told we needed to change rooms due to the Special Olympics checking in. UNACCEPTABLE! Room was not clean when we opened door, dirty towels left by mousekeeping. Bugs in room. TERRIBLE. Will never stay here again. Food court was disorganized, understaffed and crowded. There is no fridge in the rooms either.

Pros:

price

Cons:

cleanliness, crowds, customer service

Reviewed by Sweetypi Review Date: 04/29/2019

Room was dirty old run down, faucet fell off in my hand when tried to put on, elevators hallways, were very dirty, unclean with no evidence of being cleaned during night as still terrible next morning -needs a total re-vamp. Would never stay there again. Only reason this did not get a 1 was because the staff at the front desk upon check in and at the restaurants were very personable, helpful and pleasant and deserve a 9 for their work.

Pros:

Front desk and restaurant staff

Cons:

Everything else, dirty everywhere, desperately needs updating. Feel like Disney doesn’t care About the upkeep of its value resorts

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/21/2020

Its was bad. There were roaches in our room and they did not do much about it. Also our room shower flooded and molded.

Pros:

Food court

Cons:

Roaches and mold

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2022

I loved our room here. It was strangely spacious despite being smaller, and I loved the bedside tables on both sides of each bed and all of the other storage spaces in the room. I didn't think the resort was too spread out, but I did get lost a couple of times trying to find the main building. My problem with this resort was the group of high school boys staying on both side of us. Beginning around 10:30pm every night, they were running back and forth between rooms, knocking on doors (including ours) and banging doors. They had the metal security latches on the door sticking out to keep the doors from shutting, and the doors were banging on them making a sound like we were sleeping in the middle of a bowling alley. My family of 4 couldn't sleep until after midnight, and we had to skip early entry so we could sleep in the morning and not be exhausted all day. I liked the room but not the company. Will never stay here again!!

Pros:

Clean, simple room with lots of storage areas and outlets. Nice big bathroom area.

Cons:

The people staying around you. High school boys kept us up past midnight.

Reviewed by lchilders Review Date: 01/30/2018

I traveled solo from 1/15/18 to 1/19/18. I requested a preferred room and was in the Fantasia section. I've stayed in all levels of resorts - from All Stars and Pop to Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach to the Grand Floridian and Yacht Club.

Check in wasn't horrible but a bit slower than I thought it would be. I did not do online check-in as I wanted to ensure a King room on the first floor. I was given a 3rd floor King room and they were able to accommodate the change to the 1st floor when I checked in.

The room was close to the food court and transportation. This resort is in need of updating - and soon! While the room was clean it was outdated and felt more like a Disneyfied Motel 6. The room was a perfect size for me and I was provided with a King size bed which gave the appearance of a larger room.

The few cast members that I interacted with were pleasant enough. The food court was good for breakfast and a quick treat at the end of the day. I did not eat lunch or dinner there during my stay.

I also did not use the pool as it was pretty chilly during my visit.

I would stay at Movies again once they have updated the rooms. The price was perfect for what I needed it for.

Pros:

Bus Service, Noise level

Cons:

Needs updating

Reviewed by Andifonly Review Date: 08/19/2014

My family of 4 stayed here last year on our very first trip to Walt Disney World. The theming was cute, the kids (ages 3&5 at the time) really liked the giant toy story characters. We were in the mighty ducks building which was kind of disappointing since the girls had no idea what it was. However our room was clean, staff was friendly, the pools were great, and they loved the activities by the main pool held every evening. The food court got a little boring by the end of our 8 day stay, but the food itself was decent. We will be returning to disney next year with two more children in tow, and plan to try out a moderate resort this time, however we would definitely stay here again.

Pros:

Cute theming, plenty to do

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/28/2022

We stayed at this resort on our very first trip to Walt Disney World. The room was fine for sleeping. However the busses tended to be packed and you were always waiting. If you are wanting to stay at Disney as cheap as possible, this is a great resort.

Pros:

It can make a Disney World trip more affordable.

Cons:

If you are not in a preferred room you are going to do more walking, and the buses are always packed.

Reviewed by TalkAboutStank Review Date: 01/08/2022

Up until my last day at this resort I was ready to leave a really nice review for this resort. What changed my mine was finally sitting in the food court. I sat in one of their booths and the cushioning was all hollowed out. Also, all the tables seemed to not be very clean (I was there at like 4, so there weren't even that many people there). To top it off while I was eating I saw a small spider run across my table. The rooms themselves were quite nice for the price. The lobby and the food court show some age on the other-hand. If they updated the lobby and food court, this hotel would be amazing for the price. As is, it's just all right. At least you get free bus service. Basically, you don't really want to explore this resort too much. Just enjoy your room.

Pros:

nice room for the price.

Cons:

dirty and old lobby/food court.

Reviewed by Reed2015 Review Date: 10/18/2021

Great resort. This is where we stayed for our very first trip to Walt Disney World. Besides the shared bus services it was perfect. If you plan to spend most of your time in a park this is perfect. It is affordable all you need. Use the money you saved staying here and get an extra park day!

Pros:

Affordable. Clean. Cute Theming.

Cons:

Shared bus services.