Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by dawn Review Date: 09/26/2018

great budget family resort

Pros:

less expensive, bright and happy atmosphere, great for little ones!

Cons:

very busy with families and young kids, not the restful kind of resort

Reviewed by tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed here for the first time in 2004 becaues of the Toy Story building. This coming November will likely be our \"last hurrah\", as my kids are now 16 and 19 (in college). The next time will be with grand babies. The theming is what brings us back. Yes the beds are small for us now, but this was the choice of the family. :)

Pros:

Best food court of the value hotels If you are there for the parks and not the hotel ameneties, this is the best value for your money. Save your money on the hotel and spend it on a great character meal - that will be a much better memory. :)

Cons:

beds are fulls, not queeens

Reviewed by Noreen Review Date: 09/26/2018

Great value - just visited - fun movie theming

Pros:

fun activities, great theming, good value

Cons:

Some renovation going on

Reviewed by Jeri Review Date: 09/26/2018

I love staying at Movies it’s always easy and very affordable

Pros:

Affordable love the atmosphere

Reviewed by Sarahbella82 Review Date: 09/20/2018

All-Star Movies is made for those who love over the top theming, convenient (but limited) dining, and basic amenities. The value pricetag often means guests can afford to do the fun stuff - but it also means rooms aren't luxurious by any means, and things are frequently rough around the edges.

Pros:

Price, Food Court, Fun Theming, Outdoor Movies, Large Pools

Cons:

Some Wear and Tear, Limited Amenities, Busy Buses, Small Rooms

Reviewed by Sigmabelle Review Date: 09/11/2018

When we checked in we got our requested section - Herbie the Love bug. When we entered our room we were hit with the overwhelming smell of bleach. Before unpacking we inspected the room finding mold in the sink area and in the tub and toilet area (lots of it). We called the front desk and were immediately moved to a room in the Mighty Ducks section. The theme in all sections of this resort was super cute. Even the mighty ducks section grew on me over our few days here. Negatives of this resort:The Mold on room #1, Rooms very outdated they need some serious updating, Bathroom and sink area tiny. My husband and I had difficulty get ready in this space. Not sure how we would have managed if our kids came on this trip with us. Pluses: Our Location in the Mighty Ducks section made it very easy to access food court at all star music (resort next door) we were closer to that food court than our own. Size of the resort was great. I was expecting this resort to be much larger having previously stayed at Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and the Beach Club. Everything was a 5 min walk or less. We also liked the pool areas. The themes at the pools was very kids friendly. There was even a conveniently located kiddie pool. Great for toddlers. The best thing about this resort was how fantastic the bus services was. Never waited more than 10 mins for a bus ever...going to or coming back from the parks. Hoping Disney updates these rooms... Stayed in November 2017 and there were 2 adults. Would have given this resort a 7 or 7.5 however the mold in the room really brought this down to a 6.5 for us in rankings

Pros:

Bus Service & Resort Size

Cons:

Outdated Rooms, Bathroom Size and Mold!

Reviewed by lchilders Review Date: 01/30/2018

I traveled solo from 1/15/18 to 1/19/18. I requested a preferred room and was in the Fantasia section. I've stayed in all levels of resorts - from All Stars and Pop to Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach to the Grand Floridian and Yacht Club.

Check in wasn't horrible but a bit slower than I thought it would be. I did not do online check-in as I wanted to ensure a King room on the first floor. I was given a 3rd floor King room and they were able to accommodate the change to the 1st floor when I checked in.

The room was close to the food court and transportation. This resort is in need of updating - and soon! While the room was clean it was outdated and felt more like a Disneyfied Motel 6. The room was a perfect size for me and I was provided with a King size bed which gave the appearance of a larger room.

The few cast members that I interacted with were pleasant enough. The food court was good for breakfast and a quick treat at the end of the day. I did not eat lunch or dinner there during my stay.

I also did not use the pool as it was pretty chilly during my visit.

I would stay at Movies again once they have updated the rooms. The price was perfect for what I needed it for.

Pros:

Bus Service, Noise level

Cons:

Needs updating

Reviewed by jcmyers81 Review Date: 11/27/2017

We stayed here with five people (2 adults, 2 children under 10, and 1 infant). Requested and received a connecting room with others in our party. Room was not large, but certainly had enough space for our younger family. We used and enjoyed the pools, food court, bar, and transportation. All areas were clean and well-kept, though a little aged. The themeing was great for young kids. The food court was convenient and had enough selections for our family. It is basic cafeteria food, but it worked well for the two times we ate there. We used online check-in and didn't have to go to the front desk. Our room number was emailed right to us and we could use our magic bands to open the doors. All in all this was a great space for the value.

A side note, we only used the bus 2-3 times as we had our own vehicle. The few times we used it the busses were quick and drove right from the Movies resort directly to the parks and vice versa with no other stops.

Pros:

Value, Themeing, Cleanliness

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We had several issues with All Star Movies. I have never stayed at this resort before. I have stayed at the Polynesian, both Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the former Disney Institute prior all with no complaints. When we got to our room in the Dalmatian section, the bathroom light was flickering and had dead bugs in it. We “wasted” our first night there walking back to the main building to stand in a huge line at check-in to explain the situation. I did initially stand at the “express” check-in since we were already checked-in but the cast member, after telling her what the issue was, made me stand in the long normal check-in line. After we explained the situation the cast member was very nice explaining she’d send someone over right away to fix the issue and that she’d give us a $50 credit to use anywhere at Disney. We stayed outside our hotel room for an hour or so to give the mousekeeping crew a chance to fix our room. The others on our bus tour were staying in the Herbie section and had chemical smells in their rooms. They were telling me they had to re-locate. The last night of our trip my boyfriend and I decided to use our $50 credit towards a meal at Germany. I wrecked my sneakers walking there in the pouring rain only to get an $85.00 bill and be told by the waitress that I did not have a $50 credit on my account nor could she charge the bill to my room to straighten out the issue with the front desk. I had to put the large bill on my credit card, and was so upset I went into the bathroom crying over this and my boyfriend was wondering where I had gotten to. When we got back to the hotel late that night, I stood in another huge line to be told by the cast member that the $50 was taken off of the room bill. I explained this wasn’t what I was told and that we had traveled by a bus company. The cast member then checked with someone and then I was told something different --- that the wrong button had been pushed on the computer and that’s why my $50 credit didn’t show. I was given $50 cash but didn’t get an apology nor anything to compensate me for the hassle. I felt the Disney “magic” was very much lacking at this hotel.

Another concern with All Star Movies – the food court. The Saturday morning we were leaving there was no signage that we could see that listed the hours. A cast member eventually came up to us and was nice enough to tell us that they opened at 6:30am, which I thought was late (as we needed to be back by the Herbie section to catch our bus by 7:30am). We were standing in line to order our breakfast and the cast member asked me what I wanted to order but the menu wasn’t up yet. She let a woman jump in front of me because of the menu not being up yet. That wasn’t very fair.

Pros:

Dalmatian area decor

Cons:

Cast members, room issues, food court

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

Arrived for an 11 night stay on February 27, 2017. We had received a text message before our arrival that our room was ready. We avoided the check in desk and parked nearest to our room as possible. Magic Bands worked great getting into the room. We were in building 2, in the Mighty Ducks section. We had requested to be as close to transportation as possible. We had a standard room reservation and I believe we were as close to transportation as possible without paying for a preferred room. The room was clean. We had a king bed for the first time and loved that set up better than the two full/queens we've had on previous visits to other resorts. The carpet was slightly worn but it was clean so we didn't really care. The room smelled like it may have had a deep clean before our arrival. This was our third stay in a row in a value resort. And while the resort itself was fine for what we needed, we are tired of value resorts and will be booking moderate for our next trip. We only swam in the Mighty Ducks pool. It was a basic square pool with Mighty Duck accents around. The pool was always clean and warm. We enjoyed it very much. Being two adults we don't really have a need for a fancy pool and never actually swam in the main Fantasia pool. However it did look super cute.

Pros:

Clean, food court