Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 05/28/2019

This resort is so amazing! We have stayed here twice and have never regretted it. The property is beautiful and the option of AoA is right nearby for more food/souvenir options. This resort has three pools, which is way more than your typical hotel. Architecture is wonderful and it just feels so nice.

Pros:

great facility, great food court, and merchandise areas

Cons:

long bus rides

Reviewed by Cathy1213 Review Date: 05/16/2019

Good value resort.. It can be a hit or miss depending on when you stay.. Cast members are extremely helpful. Buses were ok the longest we waited was 1 day at Animal Kingdom for 45 min..

Pros:

only 1 bus stop, clean rooms

Cons:

bus service slow . food court needs more options maids need to really clean the room..

Reviewed by dendasetaro Review Date: 05/06/2019

I have stayed in Disney many times and always at one of the villa resorts. This was my first time at a value resort and I was very apprehensive but it turned out that it was fantastic. They're where 3 of us in the room and it was comfortable and clean. The maid service was fabulous, I called for towels they where there within 5 minutes, another time I called for more coffee and they came with a large amount and that was within 2 minutes. We are not use to the cafeteria style food but it really wasn't bad at all. We were in the 50's building which had recently been refurbished, we were over looking the pool and close to the main building and buses. The buses service was impressive, if the bus was full they sent another one in minutes. We had requested an adjoining room or at least near one another and we got the adjoining room, when we asked for one at the Boardwalk the other room was downstairs and across the hotel from us!! The arcade was excellent for the kids and very reasonable and for the adults the massage chairs are well worth the $2 for 10 Minutes. I will be staying here again and again.

Pros:

Exceptional maid service and bus service was impressive also

Cons:

There was no table and chairs outside the room to have a cup of coffee in the morning (that's all I can complain about!!)

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 05/02/2019

Stayed here several times, and if you're like our family and spend very little time at the the hotel and hotel room, this is a great place. Rooms are clean, basic and offer the essentials. There are several pools on the premises, but the go-to pool is the one in the center. If you want to be part of that be sure to get a room near it. If you want a quieter room, get one on the opposite side of the main pool. They have a large cafeteria style dining area, game room and full transportation. You really don't need much more - great choice if you're on a budget (like me).

Pros:

Economical (well it's still Disney $'s) Clean, basic and has all the essentials Great main pool area Large cafeteria food area (great to eat & go in the AM)

Cons:

Some areas can be loud Cafeteria is ALWAYS loud VERY busy and seems disorganized in AM

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

To me this resort is the most fun resort in WDW and I have stayed in many of their resorts over the past 40 years. I love the music from the different decades, the food court is great and it has the most efficient transportation of any of the resorts. The service staff is just great and will go out of their way to help you.

Pros:

Transportation, fun feeling, great food court

Cons:

Rooms are small and can be noisy at times especially if you stay near the pools

Reviewed by jennap Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is my favorite Value resort and I have stayed here on 5+ occasions. They have their own bus line with only 1 stop at the resort. This saves so much time! The dining hall has so many good options (including great ice cream)and the check out is very quick. All service is always above and beyond.
Rooms are newly renovated. Sometimes we take the bus back to AoA and walk across the bridge to Pop for a scenic stroll at night.

Pros:

Own bus system with no extra stops. Newly renovated rooms. Great dining selections (check out the ice cream!). Great price.

Cons:

If you don't get a preferred room, your walking distance to the main hall can be a bit far.

Reviewed by epelfrey5 Review Date: 04/23/2019

Nice refurbished rooms! Very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The food on site was also very good!

Pros:

Price! Good price for the room...

Cons:

Our room was one of the furthest out and it was a good hike after a long day at the parks

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/20/2019

First time staying here. We had two rooms adjoining. These were refurbished rooms. And they were outstanding. We were only here for one night before moving over to Kidani Village. This resort is hands down the best IMHO, of all the value resorts.

Pros:

Refurbished. Soon to be Skyliner.

Cons:

I can not think of any.

Reviewed by marge Review Date: 04/18/2019

Best value resort for seniors

Pros:

Pop Century is located close to the parks, atmosphere is friendly, staff is very helpful. Love the new renovations at Pop Century, there is TONS of space for your items, the bathroom design is awesome (wish I had one like this at home!). Love the idea of the hideaway bed.

Cons:

we used to be able to make reservations months ahead for our stay and now we have to book a year ahead to guarantee we get a room

Reviewed by thecritic Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been staying here for over 10 years and when I ask my family if they would like to stay at a different resort they say no. Bus service is usually good and I love how compact the resort is.

Pros:

All buildings close to lobby, gift shop, food and pools.

Cons:

Noise through the walls