Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Dumboboy Review Date: 02/10/2021

Stayed at this resort with my family. The grounds are kept beautiful and it was so convenient to the Skyliner. So many fun things to see and theming if the buildings throughout the decades. Awesome choices of pools as well.

Pros:

Beautiful landscaping, refurbished rooms, easy to walk the resort, proximity to Skyliner.

Cons:

Food service was very slow.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/09/2021

I Honestly like it a lot.I gave it a 8 because its a central location and there are lots of things to do there.

Pros:

Skyliner, Pools and Value resort price

Reviewed by Kiba5401 Review Date: 02/09/2021

Best value resort; cute theming, 3 pools, next to skyliner, only quick service but you can easily resort hop to Riviera or Boardwalk area/epcot for good dining options. Nice refurbished rooms with murphy bed/folding table.

Pros:

Skyliner stop- great access to hollywood studios/epcot and other resorts for dining, cute theming if you want to reminisce the prior decades or show you kids the shadow boxes in the lobby so they can see toys from past decades, outside twister board,

Cons:

Small room if more than 2 adults.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/08/2021

Staying at this hotel was great, the two times I’ve ever gone to WDW this is my family’s go-to hotel. The food was OK. The first time, food was pretty bad. But second time, that pizza was actually pretty decent. The hotel rooms don’t have much theme (on the inside) so you could say I was slightly disappointed. The outside though, was REALLY cool. There was decor and popular things from that year based on witch area you stay in. (Like there were colorful flowers and yo-yo stairs at the 60’s area and bowling pin stairs and people dancing in the 50’s) overall, this is a great hotel and I love it so so much. (Btw, you get access to the skyliner, and you can walk through Art Of Animation witch was really fun and cute)

Pros:

Skyliner, Art of Animation, very cute theming, very kid friendly

Cons:

If you are in a 50’s building near the parking lot (like building 1 or 2) the walk from the skyliner can be a REALLY big pain 🙁

Reviewed by LesleyG Review Date: 01/28/2021

Overall this hotel is wonderful, especially when you are trying to do Disney on a budget. Being a value resort our expectations were on the lower side, however once we had checked in we were very happy.

Pros:

It is very heavily themed so if you are into theming then this place is for you. The prices are very reasonable for this resort and the busses are not shared with other resorts. The food court is great and we stayed in the lady and the tramp building and had direct and easy access to the bowling pin swimming pool.

Cons:

The walls seem a little thin and the neighbours could sometimes be heard but this was not a problem for us at all.

Reviewed by bjserviere Review Date: 01/25/2021

Love this resort. This was the third time my family and I have stayed at POP. This last time in September 2020 was a two week solo vacation. I enjoyed myself a lot. I stayed in the 70's section on the top floor (by request). This time I enjoyed a view of the lake which was very nice. Due to shortened park hours, I spent some evenings just relaxing in my room which I also enjoyed. I loved being able to take the Skyliner to Epcot and HS. I just got in line at about 7:30 each time I used the Skyliner. I was usually the second or third person in line. Enjoyed the restaurant also. I can't say how much I love this resort. I love visiting other resorts but will stay at POP since I hardly use any of the amenities so why pay extra. I had some very nice and helpful cast members help me with my luggage both on arrival and departure via Magic Express. I made use of the laundry facilities while there since it was a longer visit. They are very nice and well maintained but expensive.

Pros:

Love the Skyliner access and the resort.

Cons:

Walking and the cost to wash a load of laundry is wild.

Reviewed by CarlJD Review Date: 01/25/2021

My wife and I stayed here during the pandemic in an attempt to get away from some at home madness, and it was a wonderful choice. It was perfectly in budget, whereas usually we stay off property in order to save money. We are glad we stayed here though, as our room was fantastic. Everything was spotless, our bed was nice and comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more as far as that went. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10/10 is the food options are incredibly limited to the one food court, which was beyond packed with people waiting outside the doors during the pandemic. My other complaint is there were not enough garbage cans. When we got food to go back to our room, it was not very good, and we ended up pitching about half of the pizza, but I had to go down from our second floor room to the middle ground floor crosswalk just to find a can I could put the box in. I still couldn't put it in and had to leave it kind of resting on other people's boxes. The resort is also very large and somewhat hard to find your way around on foot if you're unfamiliar with the area.

Pros:

Direct Skyliner connection, amazingly clean rooms, incredibly affordable for Disney, Hourglass Lake is great for walkers and runners.

Cons:

Not enough trash cans, food is limited and not the best quality, everything is weirdly designed.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/12/2021

I recently stayed here with a friend for my Birthday and Graduation trip and we loved it! The Skyliner makes it so much easier to get to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and we enjoyed taking it to the other resorts nearby for dinner. The rooms were very nice, and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Pros:

The skyliner made going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios so much easier as well as visiting other resorts.

Cons:

None-this resort had a great value for the price.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/08/2021

First time staying here and we loved it. Easy to get to the transportation and we loved using the Skyliner. The resort was beautifully kept and the food at the food court was delicious. The rooms were perfect for us and they were well kept up.

Pros:

The transportation was easy to get to and easy to use. We loved the Skyliner to get to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.

Cons:

We did not have any cons.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/04/2021

My friend and I stayed at Pop Century in October of 2019. We absolutely loved it! We were both 25 and still enjoyed the over the top theming. We thought it was so cute. We requested to stay in the 90s section because we are both 90s babies and we loved it! EXCEPT, this section was far from the main building where transportation and dining are. Didn't love that, but we also don't mind walking a lot so it wasn't too bad. The food is pretty good, nothing amazing. Pretty standard Disney cafeteria food. We only ate at the resort for breakfast most days though because we ate the rest of our meals in the parks. The service was great, we never had any problems. My friend even received a free coffee from one of the cast members one morning. We had plenty of room since there was only two of us. I am sure it would be a bit more crowded if we had 4. The beds were so comfortable! We unfortunately did not get to use the Skyliner transportation system because it was down while we were there due to an incident that happened before we arrived. But I am sure that is such a great feature to use! Overall, I love the vibe of the resort. The decade theming was so cute and we loved our stay there!

Pros:

The theming is so fun and cute. Rooms are nice and beds are comfy. Skyliner resort.

Cons:

Pretty much just the food.