Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by DAJACOBSLEO Review Date: 10/04/2019

This is usually my resort of choice however this most recent trip will probably be my last at this resort. First we had tickets to the Halloween party on Sunday night and while I understand check in is at 3 pm I’m the past we have been accommodated very well upon arrival. I did online check in at 11 am for 12 and when we arrived at the hotel at 2 we were told that they were unable to accommodate despite the Halloween tickets and the fact that my two parents both had scooters. We were stuck in the waiting area for two hours when finally I asked at the desk again at 4 pm and the cast member informed me that the manager hadn’t checked the room yet but she could reassign me another one. I explained the situation and she begrudgingly did just that. We stayed Sunday through Saturday and our sheets were never changed once. This is the first time we have ever had a bad experience At this resort but hearing other stories when we were on the buses just made me realize that while the prices keep going up ( which I am ok with if I get good service) the service goes down. I hate having to place this review but as I stated we heard similar stories about bad housecleaning, extremely long waits for rooms and luggage delays. It’s sad as this was one of my favorite resorts even above some of the other more premium ones.

Pros:

Buses come quickly for the most part. Bus drivers were amazing at accommodating ecvs.

Cons:

Had to wait for a room past check in time even when staff was aware of our already purchased tickets. Felt very little of the Disney magic at this resort.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/26/2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights beginning on December 12. The rooms were very nice and the walk to the bus stop wasn't terrible. However, that's where it ends. This resort is huge and the number of buses servicing the hotel were abysmal. Every time we left a park I knew exactly where the line for pop century was because it was enormous. I did not see any other value resorts with this issue. It made it so that I will not stay at this particular resort again.

Pros:

Nicely refurbished rooms for the cost. Fairly quiet...considering

Cons:

Not nearly enough transportation for the crowd level.

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 11/13/2018

Stayed in a refurbished room in the 50's section. The room was clean, but the new design reminds me of my father's room at the nursing home. All white, no carpet, not very welcoming. The fridge in the room was so noisy it kept me up the first few nights until I unplugged it. Maintenance came to the room twice to try to fix it, but it never got quieter. Speaking of noise, you can hear the bathroom doors slam and the supersonic toilets flush from all the rooms around you. The bus service was terrible. We waited over 35 minutes from Epcot twice. And the bus stop is the furthest away at 3 out of the 4 parks. Speaking of distance, our bus driver dropped us off 1.16 miles away from the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios. We measured it with our Apple watches. Food court was good and the housekeepers are very friendly.

Pros:

friendly housekeepers. nice food court

Cons:

bus service ugly rooms noisy, noisy, noisy

Reviewed by amyjrmarks Review Date: 10/16/2018

Traveling with my 18 year old daughter for 7 nights. Positives first,the room was very clean and spacious enough for two people. We loved the newly refurbished room and beds were super comfortable. Staff at check-in and around the resort were nice, friendly and knowledgeable. Food court food is good. Negatives....When I requested a room(booked a year in advance)I requested upper-most level floor in the 50's building(paid for preferred room). I checked-in online, but reservation was \"lost\" so never received a text room alert and therefore, received neither of my requests. I was literally the last \"preferred room\" in the resort. Located in the back of the 70's building, 3rd floor. Yes you can hear the new barn doors of the bathrooms opening and closing from other rooms and loud as you hear toilets flushing. On 3 occasions Mousekeeping never came to tidy our room, and had to call, then leave the room again. We leave the room each day by 9am and don't return before 3pm. One big issue is the grounds work that is done beginning at such an early hour in the morning. I just don't understand why there are loud carts driving around and hoses for cleaning the pathways and leave blowers at 7am(almost daily). NOT COOL! While the room and price is nice I don't think we will be back.

Pros:

refurbished rooms

Cons:

noise

Reviewed by Thea Review Date: 09/27/2018

Pop Century used to be my favorite resort. But, the most recent experience was not positive.

I do not like the new floors in the remodeled rooms. It's not the floors themselves, it's how dirty they are. I think the new "wood' flooring needs significantly more cleaning with a wet mop. But, many people now choose to forgo housekeeping during their trip to save a little. As a result, it was not possible to walk around our room with bare feet. That was particularly after a shower.

Also, the new shower is great, but if you have little ones not having a bathtub is an issue.

The food court really needs to be updated.

Pros:

Inexpensive (for Disney)

Cons:

new flooring

Reviewed by Lisa B Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed at Pop for the first (and last!) time from July 3-July 17 2018. I had high hopes for this resort bc of the positive reviews. But this trip was our worst yet in regards to the resort. We arrived at the resort around 10 am and our room wasn’t ready. We had anticipated this so we checked in and left our carryons with baggage services as we had planned a day at Disney Springs eating, bowling and shopping. We returned to the resort at the official checking time of 4pm where they told us they were working on our room now so it would be done “soon”. So we went to get our resort mugs and let my youngest daughter play in the arcade for a bit. By 5pm I still had t heard anything so we went back to the desk where they told us it was now ready and our luggage was already there. We go to our room and I start unpacking so we can change, freshen up, and go out to dinner. My oldest daughter pulls down the Murphy bed to discover a roach on it. I capture it and put it in a container and have everyone search for more critters. We saw another one but it went under the bed and I said let it go lol. When we pull back the sheets on the Murphy bed, they’re sandy and stained. By this time my blood is boiling. I tell the girls to pack everything back up bc this room is obviously still dirty while I call the front desk to tell them and they say they’ll send housekeeping with fresh sheets. Seriously?? My blood was boiling and I had completely lost my Disney spirit lol. I took Ralph the roach with me, plopped him on the counter and said my room was already occupied and I needed a new room please (I admit, not my finest moment). They agreed to give us a new room but, wait for it, it wasn’t ready yet lol!! They said to go ahead to dinner and they would text us the new number and transfer our bags over. When we get to the new room we can’t get in, the batteries in the door lock are dead. We finally get in our room and yup our bags arent there. Final trip to the front desk for that night to gain access to our old room to claim our bags. They offer to get someone to come move them for us but at this point I had zero faith in their capabilities so I said we’d do it ourself. We didn’t get into our new room with our bags until after 11pm. You know what they gave us for that insane night? 1/2 off 1 nights stay. Normally I’m not a complainer and I don’t look for handouts, but in this case we were inconvenienced beyond a “minor incident or 2”, and only 1 of the cast members I dealt with showed any sort of compassion or enthusiasm for their job. The debacle of the first day aside, I would still rate Pop low. The food court always had something broken, whether it was the ice machine, soda machine, toaster, etc. the food court cashiers were inconsistent. One said you could have this with the dining plan, others said no. Brazilian tour groups were there and I now understand why so many complain about them. They are loud and rude. They were stomping ketchup packets on the floor while their chaperones all sat at a table together ignoring them. They shoved my daughter so hard she fell down so they could get on the bus ahead of us. You complain about them and cast members shrug helplessly. Next trip, it is definitely back to the All Stars for me!!

Pros:

Refurbished rooms with lots of storage space and USB plugs Nice grounds/views of Hourglass Lake

Cons:

Brazilian tour groups Roaches Cast members that weren’t very helpful This list could take all day

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Had high hopes, rooms were new which was a plus but everything else was OMG was free dining worth this? NO!!! The food court is very run down - ice machines didn't work, toasters were broken and the food was worse than a school cafeteria. Wall to wall people, of course. Very noisy. One thing to mention is that Pop Century bus stops are the farthest away at each park - it's #32 out of 34 bus stops at the Magic Kingdom. Last time here for sure.

Pros:

Refurbished rooms were well done, new floors and lots of storage space.

Cons:

Overcrowded and run down.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We had such a great time staying there, but there were a couple big cons that caused me to lower the rating to a 7.

Pros:

Fun theming, staff were so friendly (of course!), a short walk from art of animation so you can spend some time exploring over there too, the hippie dipper pool was spacious and fun

Cons:

The food was very sub-par. We ate there for a couple meals, and I was always disappointed. The lines for food in the cafeteria went over 30 minutes at times. That was a nightmare with hungry small children in tow. It also was a 25 minute bus ride from Magic Kingdom. I couldn’t believe that you can stay on Disney property and have that long of a commute to a park. (It was my first ever visit to Disney.) I would stay there again but I wouldn’t recommend it based on the cafeteria alone.

Reviewed by lt4bags Review Date: 09/12/2018

Our very first stay from 8/31-9/6.. Usually stay at PO Riverside, but that resort was not offered with the free dining promo.. and while I know this is a value and not a moderate, and although I did expect smaller rooms and more guests, this was awful! Housekeeping or lack there of, not until after 5 pm most days.. had to call for towels and coffee, cast members not friendly and not really concerned with our concerns! Never any ice in the ice machines and it was HOT!! Very crowded, rooms are very nice but extremely small! Have no idea how a family of 4 would ever fit.. we were 3 adults. I would spend the extra $$ and stay a moderate level for sure. No Disney magic here.. :-(

Pros:

Cons:

Housekeeping, Crowds, Ice Machines, Cast Members

Reviewed by SnowWhite14 Review Date: 05/31/2017

This was our first stay at Pop Century, May 2017. We have stayed at the All Star Resorts before and some of the moderate resorts and have never had an issue. The bus transportation at the Pop was horrible. We had over 30 minute waits several times during our week stay and when we spoke to Cast members they said that was the norm. We heard many people at the hotel also complaining. The rooms were okay, but definitely need updating, especially the bathrooms. The food court was fine and we ate there several times. We did encounter several rude Cast Members during our stay, which is unusual for Disney. The pool hours were also disappointing. The pools are not open before or after park hours. I would not stay at the Pop Century again.

Pros:

price

Cons:

bus transportation, pool hours