Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/04/2021

My friend and I stayed at Pop Century in October of 2019. We absolutely loved it! We were both 25 and still enjoyed the over the top theming. We thought it was so cute. We requested to stay in the 90s section because we are both 90s babies and we loved it! EXCEPT, this section was far from the main building where transportation and dining are. Didn't love that, but we also don't mind walking a lot so it wasn't too bad. The food is pretty good, nothing amazing. Pretty standard Disney cafeteria food. We only ate at the resort for breakfast most days though because we ate the rest of our meals in the parks. The service was great, we never had any problems. My friend even received a free coffee from one of the cast members one morning. We had plenty of room since there was only two of us. I am sure it would be a bit more crowded if we had 4. The beds were so comfortable! We unfortunately did not get to use the Skyliner transportation system because it was down while we were there due to an incident that happened before we arrived. But I am sure that is such a great feature to use! Overall, I love the vibe of the resort. The decade theming was so cute and we loved our stay there!

Pros:

The theming is so fun and cute. Rooms are nice and beds are comfy. Skyliner resort.

Cons:

Pretty much just the food.

Reviewed by KayleyB17 Review Date: 01/02/2021

This is a great value resort. We loved the skyliner. The rooms were ask very nice and clean.

Pros:

Skyliner Bang for your buck

Reviewed by dedolezal Review Date: 12/22/2020

Nicely remodeled rooms with plenty of pools to enjoy.

Pros:

Skyline is fast and fun. Rooms are cute. Plenty of pools and fun decorations/statues which add to the ambiance.

Cons:

Very large. No fancy restaurant. Pools are decorated but generic.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/15/2020

Great family resort

Pros:

Skyline transportation, lots of outlets & usb's in room,preferred room close to everything needed

Cons:

Small room- well designed yet small

Reviewed by Jnet Review Date: 12/07/2020

Great Value for the price. The rooms are motel style and face out into open air hallways. There was a little noise from families leaving for the park in the morning walking past the door (the kids were excited, I can't blame them) but not too much. The restaurant was great, I have dietary restrictions and the chefs were more than happy to make special items for me. The grab and go food was great too. Rooms were comfortable and good to relax in after a day in the park.

Pros:

Great food options. Easy park transport.

Cons:

Some noise from the neighbours when they walk past your room.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/03/2020

We stayed at Pop twice in 2019: February 2019 with kids and November 2019 without kids.

Both stays were a great experience! The larger than life and colorful theming throughout the resort gives such happy and exciting vibes. The smell of the Pop Century lobby is one of my favorite smells.

During the February stay, we were in the 70's section and during the November stay, we were in the 50's section. For both trips, the rooms were very clean and although space is tight, it is well laid out. During the planning process, I had feared noise from neighbors as so many people complain about, but at most, we heard a toilet randomly flushing. We enjoyed a quiet space, were able to relax, and slept great (the beds and pillows are phenomenal).

The food court is great. The food was always fresh, hot, and tasty. During prime meal times, it can be hard to find a clean table, but for us, that is a very minor thing.

For the value, Pop Century packs a serious punch!

Pros:

Being on the Skyliner, fun theming, clean rooms, beautifully maintained grounds, excellent value.

Cons:

None that I can really think of! To me, the resorts are all huge and you're bound to do a lot of walking regardless of where you stay.

Reviewed by meltort Review Date: 11/30/2020

We stayed Nov. 20-25, 2020. This was our first time to stay at Pop. We were drawn to the resort since it's on the Skyliner route. We picked a preferred room knowing our feet would be tired at the end of they day. We were assigned to Building 10 in the 70's section and it was a great location. We didn't have Mousekeeping while we were there for 5 nights. It was fine for us. We used the mobile app to order food (only way to do it during COVID) and it worked out well. The rooms are nicely redone and there are lots of storage areas and plenty of plugs and ports for electronics. The murphy bed was fine for my 17-year-old son. There were plenty of pillows which we appreciated. The grounds were immaculate. We did not have to wait long for buses even at peak times.

Pros:

Clean, Skyliner route, quick transportation, son loved the pizza

Cons:

None to report

Reviewed by The13thLetter Review Date: 11/17/2020

Pop is a great option for the value resort category. Pools are great, food court has some good options (and you can walk to AoA if you want some additional food choices). Room updates are not super themed but really really nice and the Murphy bed/table option gives you a lot more room if/when you don't need the sleep space. Single bus stop (which is a plus to me) and now the Skyliner make transportation here awesome. Price has started creeping up here a bit but it is still worth it IMO. The resort is quite large though so it could be a long walk to lobby or Skyliner depending on where you are. There is a lot of theming but to be honest I am in love with it. I dont hate it either, its just kind of there (but that is just me).

Pros:

Updated rooms Transportation Quick Service Options Pools

Cons:

Possible far walks No table service (which is the norm for value resorts, but still) Theming sort of boring

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/17/2020

A great value to stay on Disney property! Possibly the best-kept resort secret!

Pros:

The rooms were clean and updated with a cheerful decor throughout the resort. It is very reasonably priced and feels like a real deal given the quality of the experience we received! Can't wait to try the skyliner!

Cons:

Long lines for the buses, which has hopefully been remedied with the arrival of the skyliner. It is not as luxurious as a deluxe resort (unsurprisingly). The food court has a decent amount of options and serves its purpose but could be improved.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/16/2020

Last visit was Dec 2019. We have stayed at this resort twice. This resort is a value if you want to stay on Disney property. The rooms are no frill, but who spends time in the room. This trip we were in the 50's building which was a bit of a walk to the food court. Food court options were great. Check in/out was a breeze.

Pros:

Lower price, on the Skyliner, comfortable beds

Cons:

Big resort, spread out with lots of walking