Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by BSinclair1014 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We stayed here for the first time and really liked it. Our room was located very close to the bus stops. Since everyone has a cell phone, the number of charging spots and locations was a bonus. The refurbished rooms are nice.

Pros:

Location of our room to the bus stops.

Cons:

It's not a Deluxe. Sometimes the wait times for a bus were very long, but it's Disney so we expect that.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

First time for us staying at Pop Century and we loved it. Our room was located very close to the bus stop and the food court/gift shops were not too far of a walk. The resort is fun to walk around and explore - love the bigger than life size themes! Since everyone has a cell phone, the number of charging spots and locations of them were great.

Pros:

For us, the location of our room to the bus stop.

Cons:

It's not a Deluxe.

Reviewed by KathyG Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been staying at this resort since 2004. The updates are fabulous! I love that there are no more rugs! The room functions well with added outlets, lights and phone outlets. Can’t beat the price either.

Pros:

Updated rooms

Cons:

Would be tight if more than 3 people.

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 04/16/2019

I used to hate this resort but the refurbished rooms are quite nice, which helps. We have stayed here a few times now and prefer it over All Star now. It is pretty spread out, which is an issue if you just want a drink refill. Buses are a major issue, very slow and always packed. It sits on a lake, which is really peaceful in the morning.

Pros:

refurbished rooms, close to Disney Springs and Hollywood STudios

Cons:

Buses are always full and it takes FOREVER! Very spread out.

Reviewed by Bamma Review Date: 03/15/2019

Loved the Resort

Pros:

Easy to everything

Cons:

Housekeeping in the 50’s rooms

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/26/2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights beginning on December 12. The rooms were very nice and the walk to the bus stop wasn't terrible. However, that's where it ends. This resort is huge and the number of buses servicing the hotel were abysmal. Every time we left a park I knew exactly where the line for pop century was because it was enormous. I did not see any other value resorts with this issue. It made it so that I will not stay at this particular resort again.

Pros:

Nicely refurbished rooms for the cost. Fairly quiet...considering

Cons:

Not nearly enough transportation for the crowd level.

Reviewed by Shendl Review Date: 12/12/2018

This was our first time staying at Pop Century Resort and also our first time at a Value Resort. We enjoyed the resort but found the bus service slow especially in the evenings coming from the Parks. We had a problem with our Hot water....it wasn't hot. I did complain to the front desk and they sent maintenance to 'fix'it but it still wasn't very warm. I then emailed the Resort manager and after that it was nice and warm. I should have let my Travel Agent know but I completely forgot to do that...if I had it probably would have been fixed quicker. The Food court was ok and the shop had what we needed. We stayed in Building 10 on the 3rd floor in Room 0314. You can hear the toilets flushing and the doors closing but couldn't hear talking. The Beds and pillows were fantastic and we really liked the refurbished rooms. I would recommend this resort for families with Kids but not really for Couples.

Pros:

Beds and Pillows, Refurbished Rooms.

Cons:

Shower Temperature, bus service

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 11/13/2018

Stayed in a refurbished room in the 50's section. The room was clean, but the new design reminds me of my father's room at the nursing home. All white, no carpet, not very welcoming. The fridge in the room was so noisy it kept me up the first few nights until I unplugged it. Maintenance came to the room twice to try to fix it, but it never got quieter. Speaking of noise, you can hear the bathroom doors slam and the supersonic toilets flush from all the rooms around you. The bus service was terrible. We waited over 35 minutes from Epcot twice. And the bus stop is the furthest away at 3 out of the 4 parks. Speaking of distance, our bus driver dropped us off 1.16 miles away from the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios. We measured it with our Apple watches. Food court was good and the housekeepers are very friendly.

Pros:

friendly housekeepers. nice food court

Cons:

bus service ugly rooms noisy, noisy, noisy

Reviewed by Crow323 Review Date: 11/08/2018

at first i thought the 80s area was bad since i went a roundabout way, but i discovered it was right across the parking lot from the main building and bus. the refurbed rooms were really nice, nice tv, trundle bed, sliding doors on sink area and bath. shower tub combo. I would stay here again if wanting to save money. the fridge cooler had a glass front allowing you to see in

Pros:

location, cost and refurbed rooms

Cons:

coffee maker leaked

Reviewed by amyjrmarks Review Date: 10/16/2018

Traveling with my 18 year old daughter for 7 nights. Positives first,the room was very clean and spacious enough for two people. We loved the newly refurbished room and beds were super comfortable. Staff at check-in and around the resort were nice, friendly and knowledgeable. Food court food is good. Negatives....When I requested a room(booked a year in advance)I requested upper-most level floor in the 50's building(paid for preferred room). I checked-in online, but reservation was \"lost\" so never received a text room alert and therefore, received neither of my requests. I was literally the last \"preferred room\" in the resort. Located in the back of the 70's building, 3rd floor. Yes you can hear the new barn doors of the bathrooms opening and closing from other rooms and loud as you hear toilets flushing. On 3 occasions Mousekeeping never came to tidy our room, and had to call, then leave the room again. We leave the room each day by 9am and don't return before 3pm. One big issue is the grounds work that is done beginning at such an early hour in the morning. I just don't understand why there are loud carts driving around and hoses for cleaning the pathways and leave blowers at 7am(almost daily). NOT COOL! While the room and price is nice I don't think we will be back.

Pros:

refurbished rooms

Cons:

noise