Reviews of Boatwright’s Dining Hall Dinner

Other Menus at Boatwright's Dining Hall

Boatwright's Dining Hall

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by apulk Review Date: 05/14/2022

April, 2022 Trip -- We had a non-park day during our stay at POR and didn't feel like going anywhere (was spring break and VERY crowded everyone with no reservations on our last minute trip). Booked a 6pm dinner ADR at about 4pm. It had been a very long time since we had eaten here (10+ years) since it really wasn't anything special. We were really surprised. Service was very good--Manager came and did 2-3 table touches during our meal. My wife got the salmon and I tried the all you can enjoy platter. We were both really happy with our food. The brisket would have been better at Polite Pig but was very good....salmon portion and taste very good too.

Pros:

Service....food quality above average, Yehaa Bob is back and as good as ever right next door

Cons:

Pretty loud and a little pricey for a not very fancy place.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/27/2022

I am a vacation club member for over 20 years and ate in just about every restaurant. I have to say tonight’s dinner was the worst dinner I ever had. I ordered chicken with a side of Mac and cheese. The chicken was good although one piece and very small. The Mac and cheese came out cold. I send it back and the second one came out very dry. My wife ordered the prime rib and it was as dry as a piece of leather. The beans and potatoes were nothing to write home about. It seemed like we were served yesterday’s left overs reheated. The waiter was very apologetic and sent the manager over. We were unapologetically offered one piece of cake for our trouble. With their track record I could imagine how dry that was. She was going to “speak” to the chef, never saw her again.
So we paid $60 for a small piece of chicken and corn bread.

Pros:

The corn bread was very good and the server was very attentive and tried to accommodate us.

Cons:

Lousy, dry food and no one took responsibility for the bad food.

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/30/2020

Wonderful southern Louisiana food. Love the appetizers and main entrees. Beautiful resort to visit. You can also take the boat from Disney Springs or resorts along the way.

Pros:

Food Resort fun to tour

Cons:

Location

Reviewed by Sheri10s Review Date: 04/14/2020

Best Meal of our Trip

Pros:

We were staying at POR and honestly-Boatwrights's was the ONLY thing we liked about POR. The Prime Rib was perfect and yummy sides. My daughter loved her Big Easy meal as well. Our server was friendly and funny.

Cons:

It's at Port Orleans Riverside

Reviewed by tdischer Review Date: 08/11/2019

2nd time eating here. Was fantastic food again! We had the prime rib, the steak, and the all you can eat platter. My son didn't like some of the meat on the all you can eat platter as well as some of the other meat, but he still had plenty to eat that was great. Had the crayfish bisque. Was very good, but literally 2 pieces of crayfish in it! Chocolate creme brule dessert was one of the best we had all week! Good service, very attentive. Interesting that this was the only place we ate of all the 8 days we were there that didn't tell us happy birthday or happy anniversary (we both had bdays and our anniv that week and both had 2 buttons on). Not a big deal as we had tons of celebrations the whole time we were there, but I realized it after dinner.

Pros:

great meat

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great place to eat

Pros:

we enjoyed the food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

enjoyed very much..loved the offerings..great service

Pros:

food was good and a good selection

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

If you're looking for Southern food & hospitality this is the place to go! It's within walking distance of FQ and serves up great classics. My husband had the chicken & waffles while i ate the chicken & dumplings. The food is good and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Definitely a must if you're near PO.

Pros:

Easy to get into, southern staples

Reviewed by King Ezekiel Review Date: 02/20/2017

We've only visited The Boatwright's Dining Hall once but we will be sure to visit again. While the price was a bit high, that's what you should expect from Disney. My mother had The Big Easy and I had General Fulton's Prime Rib.

While I can't give my mothers opinion on The Big Easy, I can say that the prime rib I had at The Boatwright's Dining Hall is by far and wide the best prime rib I have ever had. The cut I got was the size of a large dinner plate and for $34, it was worth every penny. It does have a bit of a spice kick to it but it's not spicy, just enough to make your nose run a little.

Pros:

Food, cast members

Cons:

Atmosphere isn't all that great

Reviewed by Peglmt Review Date: 10/02/2016

Probably the best meal we had all week! I had the Crawfish Etouffee and my husband had the Jambalaya. Our waitress Jenny was as fantastic as the food, she was personable, funny and just an all around great waitress. In addition to the great food and service we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, it was rustic and comfortable. I only wish we could have spent more time in the bar and had the opportunity to see Yehaa Bob. We will be going back for sure.

Pros:

Food, bar, waitstaff

Other topics in Port Orleans