Reviews of Boatwright’s Dining Hall Dinner

Other Menus at Boatwright's Dining Hall

Boatwright's Dining Hall

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/30/2020

Wonderful southern Louisiana food. Love the appetizers and main entrees. Beautiful resort to visit. You can also take the boat from Disney Springs or resorts along the way.

Pros:

Food Resort fun to tour

Cons:

Location

Reviewed by Sheri10s Review Date: 04/14/2020

Best Meal of our Trip

Pros:

We were staying at POR and honestly-Boatwrights's was the ONLY thing we liked about POR. The Prime Rib was perfect and yummy sides. My daughter loved her Big Easy meal as well. Our server was friendly and funny.

Cons:

It's at Port Orleans Riverside

Reviewed by tdischer Review Date: 08/11/2019

2nd time eating here. Was fantastic food again! We had the prime rib, the steak, and the all you can eat platter. My son didn't like some of the meat on the all you can eat platter as well as some of the other meat, but he still had plenty to eat that was great. Had the crayfish bisque. Was very good, but literally 2 pieces of crayfish in it! Chocolate creme brule dessert was one of the best we had all week! Good service, very attentive. Interesting that this was the only place we ate of all the 8 days we were there that didn't tell us happy birthday or happy anniversary (we both had bdays and our anniv that week and both had 2 buttons on). Not a big deal as we had tons of celebrations the whole time we were there, but I realized it after dinner.

Pros:

great meat

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great place to eat

Pros:

we enjoyed the food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

enjoyed very much..loved the offerings..great service

Pros:

food was good and a good selection

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

If you're looking for Southern food & hospitality this is the place to go! It's within walking distance of FQ and serves up great classics. My husband had the chicken & waffles while i ate the chicken & dumplings. The food is good and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Definitely a must if you're near PO.

Pros:

Easy to get into, southern staples

Reviewed by King Ezekiel Review Date: 02/20/2017

We've only visited The Boatwright's Dining Hall once but we will be sure to visit again. While the price was a bit high, that's what you should expect from Disney. My mother had The Big Easy and I had General Fulton's Prime Rib.

While I can't give my mothers opinion on The Big Easy, I can say that the prime rib I had at The Boatwright's Dining Hall is by far and wide the best prime rib I have ever had. The cut I got was the size of a large dinner plate and for $34, it was worth every penny. It does have a bit of a spice kick to it but it's not spicy, just enough to make your nose run a little.

Pros:

Food, cast members

Cons:

Atmosphere isn't all that great

Reviewed by Peglmt Review Date: 10/02/2016

Probably the best meal we had all week! I had the Crawfish Etouffee and my husband had the Jambalaya. Our waitress Jenny was as fantastic as the food, she was personable, funny and just an all around great waitress. In addition to the great food and service we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, it was rustic and comfortable. I only wish we could have spent more time in the bar and had the opportunity to see Yehaa Bob. We will be going back for sure.

Pros:

Food, bar, waitstaff

Reviewed by tdischer Review Date: 04/10/2016

We had just checked into POR and went to dinner at 5:30. Was so glad we made this reservation as it was a great way to start our trip. There were few people there at that time and we were seated immediately when we checked in at 5:15. Our server was excellent and explained the dining plan and all the details very well as soon as she found out we were first timers to the plan and the restaurant. We didn't even have to ask, she just offered to explain it all. Probably the best service we had all week, actually. Food was excellent. 3 of us had prime rib and 2 had the steak, including my 10 year old who was loving the idea of eating off the adult menu (and had steak many times that week) Love the atmosphere and how it fits in with the resort. Our kids had 'virgin' pina coladas which were quite a treat. We decided to splurge a bit on this trip and do the dining plan which was a great idea with my hungry teen and 10 year old. Thank goodness for the dining plan as our bill, with drinks for kids and adults came to just over $300!! The only downside was realizing the crazy tip we had to leave for that kind of bill. Totally worth it, though as the service was great and the kids still say it was their favorite meal even with the other character buffets we did and Ohana for dinner. Can't wait to stay at POR again and will eat there again too!

Pros:

food, service

Reviewed by JJPrice Review Date: 03/25/2016

We have stayed at Port Orleans a few times and never tried Boatrights. After reading such great reviews, we decided to give it a try. We had 8:40 reservations, on our arrival day. We weren't as hungry as we thought we would be, so we ordered a few appetizers. The food was pretty bad, my husband ordered the Colonel's Pieces and it was inedible, in fact the waitress noticed he wasn't eating it and took it off our bill. I had a salad, which lacked flavour and french onion soup that was extremely salty (and I like salty food). The kids meals were nothing special either, but at least they were edible. It was a really disappointing meal.

Pros:

Convenience

Other topics in Port Orleans