Reviews of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Dining Location

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic
Food Court Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Port Orleans French Quarter

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Purpie Review Date: 06/13/2019

I split a fried shrimp platter and a meatball sub with another person here. We loved it. Shrimp was crispy, but we aren’t too picky with fried foods as long as they are crisp and hot. The meatball sub was toasted under the broiler when we ordered so the bread was toasty, cheese melted and it was served warm. The meatballs were tasty and tender. The marinara was really good, but we aren’t fine dining Italian experts!

Loved the house made chips when we are traditionally French fry people. They were well seasoned, thick and crispy.

We enjoyed our meal and would have dined there more often if it was closer to Port Orleans Riverside.

Pros:

Diversity, large seating area, customizable options, good value

Cons:

Crowded at meal times, sometimes a wait for food so your family may not get everything at the same time.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Well this is not quite the glowing review I gave this place back in 2017. My husband and I ate here in March (2019). I was looking forward to the shrimp and grits but definitely saturated in garlic, and I love garlic. Husband had the make your own salad but it did not have even half the optional ingredients that it used to offer. Not sure this is a stop for us next visit.

Pros:

it's ok....

Cons:

choices and quality has dropped

Reviewed by HOBBES Review Date: 11/24/2017

Did not enjoy the options at POFQ
Very little choice if you don't eat meat-the Build your Own salad has gone to be replaced with a "You eat what we give you" salad. There was a "plant-based" burger but it had no picture to show you what yiou were getting
It appears the taste of New Orleans is SALT and lots of it. Several of the dishes we had came with fries or chips so salty they made your mouth sore!
The Create your own pasta bar had no list up anywhere to tell you what the choices were-we went over to Riverside and they had a list up with the pasta, protein and sauces available.
The most interesting flavours of pizza did not come in individual sizes-so its "both eat pizza or waste half".
Too many of the dishes were from the South-don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with that but a lot of the people coming to POFQ are coming for the resort rather than to eat Southern food and there were very few "safe" options on the menu

Pros:

Riverside is only a few minutes away...

Cons:

Very little choice for vegetarians

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 11/15/2017

My husband and I ate supper here one night on our vacation the end of September2017. Our first time back since the remodel but really didn’t see a big difference other than the giant masks were gone. I read a comment about the price but we kept track of all our quick service meals on our six day trip this time and this one was only about $3 more than the other resorts we visited and that included the beignets. The shrimp and grits entrée was delish and was actually better than what I had at Disney Springs and Olivia’s last year and the quantity was enough for a meal the next day. My husband had the pizza and no complaints from him either.

Pros:

good food and large portions

Cons:

none for us

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We ate dinner the first night we arrived here. We stayed at Pop Century and made a special trip to POFQ since we have stayed there in the past. The jambalaya was so flavorful and delicious. It was not overly spicy or loaded up with rice. It has several pieces of sausage in it and went great with the cornbread that accompanied it.
My mother had the combo rib plate and loved how tender the meat was and how fresh her sides were.
My husband didn't stretch out of his comfort zone so he ordered the pizza which was also great.
We made a second special trip here just to have the beignets. Literally the best food there! I know for certain that on future trips to Disneyworld we will definitely be back.

Pros:

Great food, great environment!

Reviewed by nukeantz Review Date: 09/13/2017

I can not believe the high prices this place charges. Any other food court, including Dixie landings(port orleans riverside) next door is reasonably priced. Can not believe the cost difference, will not stay at here again. I like riverside SO much better anyway

Pros:

tastes good

Cons:

Highest priced food court in disney hotels

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 07/09/2017

We've been staying at the FQ for years and I can't say that the food court has improved. The choices are few and the refrigerators in front of the registers is a waste of space. They need a grab and go for bakery items instead of being in containers at the pancake section. I waited in line for a bagel and found out that I could've just taken one. There is no one there to direct the traffic. Most times we walked down to Riverside - much more selection in their food court. I miss the old parade float decorations...not happy with the warehouse painted floors look.

Pros:

More Seating

Cons:

Extremely limited selection

Reviewed by rsfan Review Date: 06/23/2016

I know this restaurant gets somewhat mixed reviews but we have always had positive experiences here. There is a large variety of dishes to choose from and they taste good. The beignets are a bargain they always have sugar-free ice cream available. The workers are invariably pleasant and the hours the are open are extensive. The kids breakfast plate in the morning gets you a waffle, eggs, meat and 2 fruits, plus milk for $5. A good place to eat when you're hungry and don't know what exactly you want.

Pros:

Food, variety

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 03/16/2016

The gluten free beignets were amazing! Also enjoyed a gluten free po boy. The food was great, but waited 25 minutes to speak to chef and get food.

Pros:

Good gluten free beignets

Cons:

long wait

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 10/25/2015

We were staying at POR, but we walked over with our refillable mugs to get some beignets on October 9, 2015. They did not disappoint. They were very good! We also saw they had chicken gumbo. We got a bowl of that to share, and it was very tasty too!

Pros:

quieter food court

Other topics in Port Orleans