Reviews of Tomorrowland Speedway

Very controlled car ride

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/26/2020

Fun attraction for kids and kids at heart! The best time to ride this is around Christmas at night when the decorate the track with magical lights! But if the line is over 30 minutes, I don’t recommend standing in line.

Pros:

Fun attraction, especially at night, gives kids the experience to drive their own car.

Cons:

Line outside in the heat, short-length, loud and smells like gasoline.

Reviewed by MaxiMouse17 Review Date: 06/16/2020

Realistically this is fun for the kiddos but not truly Disney nor is it very good. It could easily be turned into the next great ride. You really can't go wrong with replacing the speedway. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUNG KIDS.

Pros:

Fun for kiddos

Cons:

Outdated, Non-Disney

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/15/2020

When you can’t move and your families right behind you it’s hilarious but that’s it

Pros:

Fun for kid but that’s it

Cons:

You some times stop when it’s hard to move

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 06/03/2020

worst attraction in the MK atm. Needs a referb and perhaps a sugar rush racer overlay. HOT in the sun.

Pros:

classic

Cons:

sunny

Reviewed by Liv Review Date: 05/16/2020

This is a fun attraction but not very Disney at all, takes you back to a hometown carnival. Not my favorite but I will still go on if the wait isn't terrible

Pros:

kids love driving their own car (with guardian if needed) and pretty fun

Cons:

the overwhelming gasoline and exhaust smell is horrific and unintentional crashing can give whiplash (especially if not expected)

Reviewed by Salefam Review Date: 05/02/2020

This ride is just okay. Not a must do unless your kids really like cars.

Pros:

You control the car

Cons:

Very jerky ride Line is in the sun

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/14/2020

Could be better

Pros:

You controlled the ride

Cons:

The cars constantly stop and the ride is not very smooth. It would be better if they were actual go karts

Reviewed by Addie345disney Review Date: 04/11/2020

I personally love this attraction. I love it even though most of the time I am just laughing at myself for my horrible driving😂. It is also great for the kiddos because it is like they are really driving a car. Plus the parents get a nice view of Tron and they get a kick out of the children driving.

Pros:

Great breeze, great laugh, and great location.

Cons:

The line is really hot and the line moves really slow.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/05/2020

Great ride, but there are so things that I dislike about the ride.

Pros:

Theming and the fact that you have the chance to drive a car.

Cons:

The cars are hard to drive. I have my license and driving my own car is a billion times easier than those cars.

Reviewed by ThreeMountains Review Date: 03/29/2020

While this is a classic Disney World attraction, there are two main factors that often give it a bad rap.

1) it needs an upgrade. This gripe is completely valid, as modern technology and some modern theming wouldn't require demolishing the existing ride and building an entirely new one but would pretty easily result in an experience on a much higher level. I keep hoping this is something being planned in the not-too-distant future, rather than replacing it altogether.

2) people seem to be so focused on the latest and greatest rides that are aimed as much at teens/adults as they are kids - or entirely at teens/adults - that it makes me think many of them never experienced this ride as a kid or don't have their own little kids. For me and my brothers growing up going to WDW from a very young age, this was one of THE rides to experience every trip. It was our way of getting the "thrill" of driving a car when we were even too young for go-karts but with all of the great emotions and scenery that go along with being at Magic Kingdom. I have so many memories of my grandparents pressing the pedals for us while we were allowed to steer because we couldn't reach. I can't wait for my two year old son and his "on the way" brother to be old enough to experience this ride. I'm really hoping it's been upgraded and not completely replaced by then.

Autopia in California - which is basically the same ride - is a good example of how something as simple as cars that actually steer puts this type of ride much higher on the list of recommendations. I really feel that an upgrade of the cars to something more aesthetically and technologically modern, along with some theming upgrades around the track and queue/loading area, would make this a must-do for many visitors with younger kids, not to mention those of us who have the nostalgia factor on this ride but understand what an overall disappointing experience it can be at this point.

Pros:

Long ride, kid-friendly, can often get same-day FastPass

Cons:

Hard to steer even for adults, needs an upgrade to more modern theme/technology

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions