Reviews of Space Mountain — WDW

Reviewed by JustinDoesDisney Review Date: 09/20/2021

This ride is iconic as they come! As a kid, Space Mountain was the pinnacle of roller coasters for me. As an adult, I still look forward to riding this on every trip to MK! It does throw you around a lot with sudden bumps and drops (think turbulence on steroids), but man, is it worth it shooting through "space" in the dark. This ride even has special overlays for holidays and after-hours events, which makes it even more fun!!

Pros:

Iconic, thrilling, overlays for holidays/special events

Cons:

Line can get long especially when outdoor attractions close for weather, littles under 44 inches can't ride!

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/15/2021

I'm going to preface this review by admitting that I really do not like rollercoasters in general. That said, this is actually not that bad of a coaster. I would ride it at least once a trip. Its a pretty good mouse trap coaster but because it is so dark, it does feel a lot faster and wilder than a traditional mouse trap. The ride is a little rough, but I think the main reason for me that it feels so rough is the ride vehicle. The ride car is single line seating and fairly small/low to the ground. I'm SHORT (5'4) and I felt like I didn't have enough leg room.

Pros:

Good mouse trap coaster, great theming

Cons:

Ride vehicle small, can make ride feel rough.

Reviewed by Perkisizing Review Date: 09/09/2021

Who says you need loops to be a great coaster? As usual, the theming is simple but excellent, and the fact that you are going at a certain speed in the dark is exhilarating and never gets old. This is an older ride so it might be a little jerky, but otherwise nothing else to really complain about. Go on it and have a blast!

Pros:

Thrilling roller coaster in the dark, twists and turns, simple but great theming

Cons:

A bit jerky but it’s an older ride and kinda adds to the charm.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/09/2021

I love this ride the theme is amazing however on my recent trip September 7th 2021 I found it to be really rough. Usually this ride is fairly smooth but it was rather rough. Still highly recommend the ride nevertheless.

Pros:

Atmosphere amazing

Cons:

Rough ride

Reviewed by Sparky999 Review Date: 09/01/2021

From the music as you enter the queue, to the excitement of boarding your rocket, to the feeling of zipping through the stars, this is the quintessential Disney attraction and certainly the best version of Space Mountain in the world. Sitting on the front row is arguably the best experience you can have on Disney property.

Pros:

The atmosphere, the thrill of not knowing what comes next, the comfortable ride vehicle (that is nowhere near as rickety as you have been led to believe), feeling like you're the only person on it if you're front row.

Cons:

Technically it's nowhere near as thrilling as Everest, Rock n' Roller or the Universal coasters.

Reviewed by UrsulasRevenge Review Date: 09/01/2021

Favorite ride in Magic Kingdom!

This was seriously our favorite ride in Magic Kingdom. Who would have thought a ride from the 80s would still be sooo freaking good! It really doesn't go that fast but because you are in the dark it is sooo thrilling and so much fun! We rode it 3 times and probably would have rode it more if we did it earlier in the day.

Pros:

Best roller-coaster in Magic Kingdom, ton of fun.

Cons:

Little kids can't ride.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/18/2021

My family and I LOVE this ride! We always try to do it when we visit! It is a definite MUST-DO for your family. Teens will love this ride. Younger ones may find the dark a little scary though. But overall, we highly recommend it for your trip!

Pros:

Super thrilling and exciting!

Cons:

Dark, you may get nauseas, long lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/15/2021

I absolutely love, love, love this ride!!! It so thrilling and really fun every time I ride!! Yes, it is an absolute must do!!!!

Pros:

An absolutely thrilling, and extremely fun ride!

Cons:

It might be a little scary for some people!! It is definitely more intense than Big Thunder Mountain, but to me it is equally fun!! I love them both!!!

Reviewed by CaptainQuick Review Date: 08/07/2021

A staple for WDW and easily one of the best coasters on property. This ride is favorite of many. Terrific theming, lights, thrilling and unpredictable.

Pros:

Fun!

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/03/2021

Such a fun coaster! Truly a marvel how it feels like you are going faster than you really are. Last time I rode, I got jostled around quite a bit, so I didn't feel great getting off, but this is a great MK classic.

Pros:

Fun dark coaster that feels like you're going super fast

Cons:

Older coaster that is a little rickety, so you'll probably get jostled around a bit

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions