Reviews of Skipper Canteen

View Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian, Other/Ethnic, African
Read more about Skipper Canteen including links to the menus and reviews here:

Themed around the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, this new Adventureland eatery features a wide variety of Asian and American dishes.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/01/2020

Best food in the Magic Kingdom

Pros:

Decent beer selection, interesting food items

Cons:

Reopening menu doesn't feature signature items like the whole fried fish

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/04/2020

Fun and varied menu, and I love the Jungle Cruise theming.

Pros:

Good food, excellent decorations. It's not as busy as some of the other MK restaurants.

Cons:

Menu could be a bit too adventurous for some.

Reviewed by Aricia Review Date: 04/21/2020

The service is the best part of the meal loved the puns!

Pros:

Not a long wait to get a table if you don’t have a reservation.

Cons:

Not a good choice if you have picky eaters in the party.

Reviewed by Deannavan Review Date: 03/29/2020

I wish the rating for this restaurant was higher. It was my first ever dining experience in WDW and it was honestly the best! I still have dreams about the Perkins Thai Noodles as well as the dessert. While there are definitely some adventurous eats on the menu I can assure you that everything will taste delicious.

Pros:

Great food, Hysterical Cast members, Amazing decor

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/19/2020

One of the best dining experiences inside Magic Kingdom. The menu is unique and the staff is fun as well as the decor. I wish Magic Kingdom had more dining like this.

Pros:

Unique menu, fun atmosphere and staff

Reviewed by Mino Review Date: 03/15/2020

I love the atmosphere, skippers and food here! Besides, how many other places can you get a beer in WDW Magic Kingdom?

Pros:

Stress relief and.....alcohol in Magic Kingdom!....plus it's very close to my favorite ride....Pirates!!!!!!

Cons:

Really?? NONE!!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/18/2020

This is the best restaurant in Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Excellent theming for die hard Disney Parks fans, the most adventurous menu in the park.

Cons:

Not great for picky adult eaters. The kids menu always has something for a picky eater, but the only boring adult meal here is the chicken option. But isn’t this the place to be adventurous? In Adventureland?!

Reviewed by beachpup Review Date: 12/04/2019

After trying to get into Liberty Tree Tavern and even Diamond Horseshoe for dinner without a reservation to no avail, we decided to reluctantly try Skipper Canteen, which didn't have too bad a wait. Are we glad we did! We had a special appetizer which was biscuits and some cheese sauce which was so delicious, and we each had the steak which was worlds beyond the steak I've had at Be Our Guest. The accompaniments with the steak were so flavorful and made it all the more better. Our waitress was very pleasant, friendly and down to earth, and of course dispensed with the Jungle Cruise style jokes, which I loved. We sat in the library area, which was quieter then the main room, decorated like it would fit into Animal Kingdom, although the restrooms are located through this room so there was foot traffic from that. Try to sit in this room or the room in the back with the parrot lights for a more peaceful dining experience. We will definitely be back!

Pros:

Excellent food, entertaining atmosphere, easier to get into without a reservation

Cons:

Picky eaters may have a hard time

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 11/14/2019

I ordered the Sankuru Sadie's Seafood Stew. It was bland and flavorless. The coconut broth seemed to have no seasoning other than salt. The seafood was well-cooked, but the pieces were tiny and the octopus was chewy. I'll give the restaurant a second chance, thinking that I perhaps chose one of the weak entrees. The Kungaloosh dessert is yummy. Service is nice, but not amusing, as guidebooks led us to expect.

Pros:

Food is decent, service is good

Cons:

Flavorless

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 09/27/2019

I have been wanting to try this restaurant ever since it opened. My family of 6 ate here on September 7th for dinner. My DD23 and I each had a Sangria. Hers was a green apple one and it looked very fun. Mine was very good as well. The dinners we got are:A lotta Steak salad DS liked it, Hardy Har Pork both my DD and DH liked theirs,the signature grilled steak my DS loved, Perkins Thai noodles DS loved this, and I got the Seafood Stew. I really enjoyed all the seafood on the top: crayfish, mussels, shrimp, a mild fish, octopus no thanks! But then as I got down to the broth I really disliked the flavor it gave the seafood and the rice so I didn't finish it. Our service was good but not excellent.

Pros:

Fun exotic food

Cons:

I learned that I might need to be careful what I order. I generally like adventurous food but sometimes I might want to get the steak salad, lol.