Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by mbaker Review Date: 04/17/2019

Terrible Experience

Pros:

The atmosphere is great

Cons:

Quality of food sadly did not live up to the menu descriptions. I had the stuffed pork chops with apples and brie with a red wine reductions. The chops were super tough and dry, there was no discernible brie or apples inside, and the sauce had a weird after taste. my friend had the pot pie which was just ok. It was the worst lunch of the trip, we had much better quick service meals in our food court and in the parks. I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went here with such high hopes, and was so disappointed. All around us people were joking with their waiter/waitress, laughing and having a good time. Then our waitress finally comes over and kills any joy we were expecting. She asked where we were from, we told her and it happened to be close to where she was from. So all she wanted to do was talk about that, and what used to be there and is not there anymore, how the area has changed, blah blah blah. Really ruined the experience for us. The food was quite bland, but we didn't go there for an amazing meal, we went for the experience we had been hearing about.

Pros:

Looks like a lot of fun if you get the right waiter/waitress

Cons:

Bad cast member can crush your expectations

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I've been here a few times and I think a big part of the experience is the wait staff. If they interact well with you it's more fun. The food here is OK but mostly a "meat and potatoes" style food if you are OK with that. The main thing here is the atmosphere. Cool throw back vibe.

Pros:

Cool throw back vibe, nice place to relax, the tables/chairs can have a cool vibe

Cons:

Food is fairly plain, not the best experience if the wait staff doesn't interact well

Reviewed by Sandanv1 Review Date: 12/28/2017

We ate lunch at Prime Time Cafe on 12/27/17. The food was nothing special. We both ate the Sampler, a slice of meatloaf, fried chicken, pot roast, green beans and mashed potatoes. The server was not very vocal and did not give the presentation that was expected. He did reprimand us for cell phones on the table, and not having our napkins on our laps. But that was it. We did hear other servers being more vocal. For me, it was an expensive, disappointing meal.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Mediocre food

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 08/05/2016

the overall experience of this restaurant is suppose to bring you back into the 50's with tile floor, black and white television and vintage surroundings.

I was surprised to the food bland, overdone and most of the menu items deep fried.

More of a cheep eats restaurant as a table service. As a professional Chef, I can tell you there is not talent in this kitchen.

Every single dish was made to impress armature cooks and anyone with no taste buds.

I had the seasonal fish. They served me Tilapia over roasted root vegetables

The Tilapia was suppose to be grilled, just pulling it apart, tasting and telling by texture I can tell this restaurant boils it in a bag, decorates it and sends it out.

Dessert was suppose to be pineapple upside down cake. It was a over decorated pound cake with icing decocted like a cupcake.

A pathetic attempt to try and please this chef.
I will not be returning here again.

Pros:

Good location

Cons:

Average food/Amature cooks

Reviewed by powlen21 Review Date: 09/23/2014

We were seated quickly and our food was served fast as well. The server didn't have much personality. I would not return. It was nothing special.

Pros:

pb jelly shake

Cons:

server was boring

Reviewed by Tinkertina Review Date: 07/05/2014

We were a party of 10 and were looking forward to the act the waitstaff puts on. The bartender was very friendly, the fried chicken and pot roast were both good. Shakes were made the old fashioned way and were delicious. However, even with reservations and showing up early, we waited an hour to be seated. The meatloaf and green beans were terrible. Our waiter did little to play the part and was a huge disappointment. For the price we paid, the lack of interest in our waiter it was not worth it. We ate at several restaurants during our 5 days at Disney. This by far was the worst.

Pros:

Theming, bartender

Cons:

Waiter, prices

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

The food here is subpar to mediocre at best. The menu offerings are weak, and the experience often hinges on whether or not the wait staff gets in character with the restaurant theme. Ours did not, so between that and the not-that-great food, we wouldn't eat here again.

Pros:

Interesting concept.

Cons:

Not all waiters/waitresses get in character. Mediocre food.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here on August 18. Fried chicken is always delicious. My wife, teenage daughter, and her teenage friend all enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was into her role, but not too much. We were treated to an enthusiastic (read: awful, and intentionally so) singing of Happy Birthday to the table next to use. Always a fun choice.

Pros:

Food, servers in character

Cons:

Crowded waiting room

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 08/24/2019

I absolutely love this dining spot for lunch. We always try to book it for our trips to Disney World and usually succeed. The staff is amazing in their individual roles and the food is fantastic! Mind you, I only ever order the Fried Chicken.

Pros:

Friendly staff, great food, interesting decor

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios