Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/07/2020

We had lunch here and the food was below average. We also had a big group and they put us in a very small table, it was way to crowed. Our waitress was very average and didn’t really interact with us. It was a big let down bc of all the good reviews we read

Pros:

Theme and decor was neat

Cons:

Average food and over crowded

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

Not the worst but not the best option either. The theme is really the only reason I would recommend going here. The environment is fun: classic TV shows, hokey kitchens, mean cousins but the food is dreadful. There was absolutely no flavor to the fried chicken I had or the sampler meal my husband got. The veggies tasted straight out of a can without any flavoring on them. Which I guess follows the theme but like come on. It's too much money for bland food.

Pros:

Theme

Reviewed by Amanda94 Review Date: 01/13/2020

My family and I did not have a reservation ahead of time for this restaurant; it was a last minute idea having been here before when I was little. The food was okay, but not my favorite I had while at the parks. The interactions were not what they used to.. I had my elbows on the table and wasn't told to put them down or told to stand up and sing a song. Those kind of interactions are what I remember about eating here and was sad those things no longer happen.

Pros:

Milkshakes were good

Cons:

Not enough seating to wait for a table.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/08/2020

Food is expensive for very underwhelming Denny’s quality food. Was in an odd number groupand since you sit in cars, someone sits alone and with the movies playing, unless you’re sitting next to someone you can’t hear anyone else. Also the “film” that plays went through twice in the time we were there.

Pros:

Cons:

Dark, not group friendly, not a social environment, not worth the reservation or the cost of the dinner.

Reviewed by mbaker Review Date: 04/17/2019

Terrible Experience

Pros:

The atmosphere is great

Cons:

Quality of food sadly did not live up to the menu descriptions. I had the stuffed pork chops with apples and brie with a red wine reductions. The chops were super tough and dry, there was no discernible brie or apples inside, and the sauce had a weird after taste. my friend had the pot pie which was just ok. It was the worst lunch of the trip, we had much better quick service meals in our food court and in the parks. I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went here with such high hopes, and was so disappointed. All around us people were joking with their waiter/waitress, laughing and having a good time. Then our waitress finally comes over and kills any joy we were expecting. She asked where we were from, we told her and it happened to be close to where she was from. So all she wanted to do was talk about that, and what used to be there and is not there anymore, how the area has changed, blah blah blah. Really ruined the experience for us. The food was quite bland, but we didn't go there for an amazing meal, we went for the experience we had been hearing about.

Pros:

Looks like a lot of fun if you get the right waiter/waitress

Cons:

Bad cast member can crush your expectations

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I've been here a few times and I think a big part of the experience is the wait staff. If they interact well with you it's more fun. The food here is OK but mostly a "meat and potatoes" style food if you are OK with that. The main thing here is the atmosphere. Cool throw back vibe.

Pros:

Cool throw back vibe, nice place to relax, the tables/chairs can have a cool vibe

Cons:

Food is fairly plain, not the best experience if the wait staff doesn't interact well

Reviewed by Sandanv1 Review Date: 12/28/2017

We ate lunch at Prime Time Cafe on 12/27/17. The food was nothing special. We both ate the Sampler, a slice of meatloaf, fried chicken, pot roast, green beans and mashed potatoes. The server was not very vocal and did not give the presentation that was expected. He did reprimand us for cell phones on the table, and not having our napkins on our laps. But that was it. We did hear other servers being more vocal. For me, it was an expensive, disappointing meal.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Mediocre food

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 08/05/2016

the overall experience of this restaurant is suppose to bring you back into the 50's with tile floor, black and white television and vintage surroundings.

I was surprised to the food bland, overdone and most of the menu items deep fried.

More of a cheep eats restaurant as a table service. As a professional Chef, I can tell you there is not talent in this kitchen.

Every single dish was made to impress armature cooks and anyone with no taste buds.

I had the seasonal fish. They served me Tilapia over roasted root vegetables

The Tilapia was suppose to be grilled, just pulling it apart, tasting and telling by texture I can tell this restaurant boils it in a bag, decorates it and sends it out.

Dessert was suppose to be pineapple upside down cake. It was a over decorated pound cake with icing decocted like a cupcake.

A pathetic attempt to try and please this chef.
I will not be returning here again.

Pros:

Good location

Cons:

Average food/Amature cooks

Reviewed by powlen21 Review Date: 09/23/2014

We were seated quickly and our food was served fast as well. The server didn't have much personality. I would not return. It was nothing special.

Pros:

pb jelly shake

Cons:

server was boring

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios