Reviews of Polynesian Village Resort (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Monorail Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_poly.htm

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/16/2016

This was my first adult stay at the Polynesian since staying there 1 time as a child. What a wonderful experience! This resort will spoil you with the Disney transportation system. Having usage of the monorail to MK and Epcot and the Boat to MK is wonderful. We stayed on a first floor room in Niue. This building is the perfect location. You are located between the 2 pools and right outside of the main Ceremonial House. Everyone on property was friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel. You will share buses with the Grand Floridian, but most of the time we were still able to get a seat.

Pros:

Location, usage of the monorail and boat system to MK

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 11/13/2015

This was our third stay at the Polynesian. We love it here. The rooms are large and the convenience to the parks is fantastic. We requested a room in Rarotonga and got our request. I wish though, I had requested a room in a different building. Our third floor room had a nice balcony that over the looked the construction at the East Pool - not great to look at, but it was my fault for requesting that. Once the construction is done, that view will be a nice one. Despite being up at the front of the resort, we could still see Wishes pretty well from our balcony and that was nice.

All the castmembers we encountered were friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned and restocked everyday with no problems.

The monorail opened later in the morning than it had in the past, but we were provided with a schedule and were given plenty of information about how to get where we needed to go without the monorail, so it really wasn't a problem.

We really love this resort and already booked a bounce back for next year. I can't wait to see how everything looks when the East Pool construction is finished.

Pros:

convenience to parks

Reviewed by KnightTime Review Date: 02/07/2015

We were there the second week of January 2015. Construction all over the resort. Should look great when finished! The walk from the TTC was forever long around the construction...a sign warning this (on the "walk to the poly" sign)stating that would have helped us at the end of a long day.

Warning! The bus will not run on a Race day. A BIG sign at the bus stop would have been very nice. Instead, you get a 3" x 7" inch paper at check-in that warns of this, among other rules on the same page along with your welcome folder. AND if they had only told this to the front desk, baggage desk, and to the GUY AT THE BUS STOP...we wouldn't have wasted 40 minutes. Severe lack of communication here and we heard the same thing from the folks at the GF.

Other than that...it's the Poly! Great staff, great place. I still wish they had a food court somewhere a bit larger than the quick service they do have. Rooms are spacious. Bathroom is awesome.

Suggestion: for a deluxe resort, how about a small soda dispenser for the refill mugs at each "village house." But I don't see that happening.

Pros:

Location on the monorail

Cons:

construction at our visit

Reviewed by SNC Review Date: 11/30/2014

I cannot say enough good things about our recent trip to the Poly! We started our honeymoon at Disney here Thanksgiving week, and were greeted so warmly from the minute we entered the lobby. Everyone said Aloha! The woman at the check-in desk had a folder with all of our information organized and celebration buttons. She then brought out a fresh flower Hawaiian leigh for me and a natural leaf braided one for my husband and had us put it over each other's heads and give each other a kiss. It was so lovely and memorable! Our room was gorgeous, right on the water on the first floor in Tuvalu. We were never bothered or inconvenienced by any of the construction. Enjoyed flatbread pizzas at captain cook's, walked on the white sandy beach next to our room, had drinks at the little pool, and we loved taking the boat across to the MK, very convenient! Everyone was so nice. Our room was also super clean. It was the largest room of the 3 deluxe resorts we stayed at during our week at Disney. So peaceful and we cannot wait to go back and see all the new additions when the Poly is completely finished! We even ended our trip with the luau at the Poly so we could go back and end our trip there. Fantastic!

Pros:

Wonderful Staff, Feels Like Hawaii, Convenient to the Parks

Cons:

Miss the computerized ordering system in Captain Cook's

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 11/21/2014

I am not going to mark the Polynesian down any for the construction because I knew what was going on before booking this resort. We had a ground floor room in the Rarotonga Building. It was fantastic. We were in "standard" view. Our patio faced toward the monorail, but was still private because there were tons of plants between us and the monorail. The convience to the parks via the monorail just can't be beat. We walked one morning to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail and despite the path being relocated, it was still less than a 10 minute walk.

A big part of the lobby was walled off for the construction, but it wasn't a huge distraction. The front desk was still easily accessible and the staff was very friendly.

We booked a "bounce back" offer for the first week of November for next year to come back to the Polynesian and see how gorgeous it looks after the construction is finished.

Pros:

Convienent to Parks

Cons:

Construction

Reviewed by bosca Review Date: 09/01/2014

Booked this resort for myself and 2 daughters Aug. 21 – 29 with a little trepidation since I knew there was construction taking place throughout. So glad we did. Quick service restaurant had just reopened so didn’t have an issue with the grab and go or coffee in the morning. Also, nice to find it was still opened after a late night at the park to get a cold drink. All around, cast members were extremely friendly and helpful (Ellis is great!) and mouse-keeping left several towel animals (even used my daughter’s blanket for one) which is always fun to see when you come back to the room. Used the quiet pool several afternoons and cast members had games going for the kids. Not too crowded which was fine with us - just right for a rest and cool down before heading back out to a park for the evening. We ate one night at Kona’s. We were late for our reservation after getting stuck at Epcot in a heavy downpour. Very accommodating – let us go back to the room and dry off/change before seating us. Food was delicious. The ongoing construction did not impact us at all. In fact it was fun to see what new changes magically took place overnight. Yes, there are fences up around the main pool area and when you walk to the ticket and transportation center, but, they have a green ivy colored covering so they sort of blend in. Took advantage of the Blizzard Beach free admission as well. We’d never been before so it was a nice opportunity to see what the water park had to offer. Combined it with an Animal Kingdom morning as the parks are close together. Took the #1 bus (Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian) directly to Blizzard Beach from Animal Kingdom since they stop there before heading back to the resorts. Found this out by asking a cast member. Put our bathing suits, etc. in a locker at Animal Kingdom, kept the receipt and then got a locker for our clothes at Blizzard Beach without having to pay twice. You only have to pay once for a same day rental. We usually stay closer to Epcot – Beach Club or Swan/Dolphin – but couldn’t get anything there for our vacation time frame. Guess it was fate, because we had a great time and didn’t want to leave. Our room with 2 queen beds and a day bed was in the Rarotonga building (my request since it is closest to the main building) overlooking the gardens but, really, I don’t think it would have mattered if we were on the monorail/parking lot side. By the time we hit the room at the end of the day all we wanted to see were our beds – which were extremely clean and comfortable!

Pros:

location, monorail, staff, food

Reviewed by mv9393 Review Date: 08/27/2014

Myself, wife and 2 children stayed at Poly from July 23-30.
From the negative criticisms below I’d like to make people aware that we were not AT ALL affected by any construction and I have NOTHING negative to say about our stay.
Did the pool close out last 3 days? Yeah, but we are there on vacation to go to the parks, not do something we can do at home. Also to note as I have written the site multiple times however the tip has not been posted, while the main pool is under construction, you are not only able to head to Blizzard Beach but you are also allowed to use the pool at either Grand Floridian or Contemporary.
The Captain Cooks pop up worked great for us…
We were nestled in the Rarotonga building on the 3rd floor which we requested before arriving. Room was ready when we arrived via Magical Express at 1030am.
We could view the fireworks from our deck but we preferred taking the short walk to the beach.
We splurged this trip as we were celebrating so the steep price we paid (even with 30% discount) was tough to swallow. But there is certainly something to be said for staying at a monorail resort. While I prefer our trip 3 years ago at Bay Lake, this place was very convenient and as I have stated prior, I have nothing negative to say about Poly.

Pros:

Location, Monorail, Location

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/23/2014

Our family spent 11 nights at the Poly in June 2014. We had three rooms, with a total of 11 people. We had requested ground floor rooms at Niue, but ended up at Tuvalu, which was initially disappointing, but ultimately a fine choice for us.

Our view from our ground room was nothing special. It was standard view, which meant that we saw part of the marina, a lot of flora, and Fiji. Yet being on the luau side of the resort also meant we had little to no construction noise or issues. We also didn't hear the luau in the evening, probably due to being in the marina side of the building.

Our room was clean and spacious. We had special medical requests, which were followed throughout the course of our stay. The pool, GCH, and transportation options were all a quick walk away. The walkway to the TTC changed several times while we were there, but was not a big problem.

Obviously, the plus for being at the Poly is the proximity to the MK and monorail to Epcot, the theming of the grounds, and the excellent cast members. All of those were plusses for us. Location-wise, we were easily able to pop out of our door to watch the fireworks or the electrical water pageant on numerous occasions, which was a lot of fun.

The pool area was a lot of fun - it will be interesting to see what they do with it after it reopens. One piece of advice. Try to get to the pool when it opens at 9:00, if you're not going to a park that day. We had the pool and the slide to ourselves for over an hour, with the first people outside of our family arriving an hour later.

There were a few negatives: Construction in the GCH meant that we couldn't enjoy the full beauty of that building, as well as the ground surrounding it. The refrigerator in our room overheated on several occasions and was actually hotter inside than the room. The biggest annoyance was the automatic door at the end of Tuvalu. You could go out of the building, but not re-enter, even with a magic band or key. We reported this problem on the first day of our stay and continued to report it every other day after. It still wasn't fixed when we left eleven days later.

Still, all in all, the Polynesian is a great place to stay. I would definitely go there again. The price is steep, but with a 30% discount, it was more manageable.

Pros:

beautiful grounds, great pool, theme, transportation

Cons:

construction, refrigerator issues & automatic door maintenance/repair

Reviewed by dbfromcincy Review Date: 02/28/2014

Sorry to hear the last poster had significant issues. Looks like they may have worked out most of the bugs.

Received my second choice on location (Fiji) which was very good. Room, mousekeeping all very good with no issues at all.

Magicband worked no problem at room or paying for anything at Kona cafe or captain cooks.

Concierge was extremely helpful for my issues.

Biggest drawback was the walkway to the TTC is right along the contruction for the Vacation Club so there is a 6+ foot covered fence next to it. There are a few stretches which end up being fairly dark (one of the tiki lights is not working either). You may want to turn on your smart phone flashlight, at least my kids did. Heard no noise at all from the construction.

Pros:

location and theming

Cons:

construction work impacts some of the view

Reviewed by mane62656 Review Date: 12/16/2013

We occupied 2 rooms at the Polynesian from Dec.1 to Dec. 7, 2013. First let me say the location is amazing. I am so very disappointed in this resort. From arrival to departure everything was so messed up. We were told we had connecting rooms which we did not. I can live with that although I made the reservation in July. We spent an hour everyday at the Concierge getting fast passes since we could not do them ourselves. They could not get our rooms synced together so we got reservations for only one room not both. We had 2 adults and 1 child in both rooms so that did not work well for us. We could not have breakfast in the hotel during our entire stay. We went to the Grand Floridian and the Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast. We could not have dinner in the main dining room the entire stay. We had the dining plan. After breakfast the first morning at the Grand Floridian I found I did not have charging privileges to my room. So that was another hour at the Concierge. They had to reset my pin and after that the other adult in my room lost her charging privileges, yep, another trip to the Concierge.
Every employee told us how incompetent the last employee was that helped us and said they were so much better at doing the job. Problem is, not one of them got it correctly. We spent and hour or longer everyday at the Concierge desk. Our room was not cleaned properly. I mopped under our sink and took pictures of black dirt on the washcloth I mopped with. There were visible cobwebs when you walked in. Our building entry was not cleaned the entire time we were there. I never once saw or heard a vacuum cleaner.The elevator had mud all over the floor and the walls were filthy. I am amazed to find this is a deluxe resort. There was no signage to the building we occupied. A tiny sign was right in front of the building but no other signs were there. I still don't know how we found the building. I have stayed at Port Orleans and Dixie Landing and I must say these resorts are 10 times better than the Ploynesian. Now that I am home I would like these issues addressed but I am having a problem finding who to contact. If anyone knows I would appreciate your letting me know so I can address these to the correct people so something can be done. All in all we had a nice trip but most likely won't be going back to Disney. Will stay at Universal next time...

Pros:

Location

Cons:

everything else