Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House (Deluxe Resort)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-deluxe.htm

Reviewed by SarahMotter Review Date: 02/13/2020

We have stayed here 8 times as a family and we generally LOVE it! Unfortunately the “cons” have begun to outweigh the “pros” after a while. The cast are always remarkable, the animals are beautiful and the food is incredible! This review will be outdated once they finish the room renovations!

Pros:

The Savannah views! The food options! The Cast Members! The Theme!

Cons:

The rooms are dark and a little outdated. The bus ride is LONG to/from the parks.

Reviewed by chuysfamily Review Date: 01/16/2020

My wife and I stayed for a week in late November and just loved this resort! It was our first time at AKL and would gladly stay there again. The lobby is amazing, as is all the attention to detail. We had a newly refurbished room and Disney must have addressed the poor lighting that others have commented in their reviews because the bathroom and bedroom were very well lit, and there were plenty of USB outlets to charge everything. The decor was more Lion King than the African Savannah feel (with mosquito netting over the beds). The floors were wood laminate and the beds were new and comfortable. We were also able to put our suitcases under the beds, so that saved us room. There were only 2 of us on this trip, but I could see that a family of four might have an issue with dresser drawer space. We were supposed to have a standard view, but we could look to the left of our balcony and saw plenty of animals. I would not pay the extra for the view because there are so many places around the resort to view the animals. If you are in the parks after breakfast until after dark, you won't see the animals anyway.
Mousekeeping always did a good job on the room and everyone in the AKL very nice and helpful. The food options are really good. Most days, we had a quick service breakfast at the Mara. (Their sweet treats are quite amazing, too. I loved the peanut butter brownie.) We ate at Boma, twice, and loved it. We were concerned about too much spice and flavor with the food, but this was a non-issue due to plenty of options on the buffet. There was refurbishment going on inside and on the exterior of the resort, but this was a minor inconvenience for what the resort offered. The only thing to keep in mind is that you have to take a bus everywhere. They generally ran on time and efficiently, but they get so crowded that the 20 minute ride to a park seems longer.
All in all, I would greatly recommend this resort and would love to stay there again.

Pros:

Wonderful theming/beautiful hotel

Cons:

buses to every park

Reviewed by SNT Review Date: 06/13/2019

This resort is simply magical! The lobby is stunning, the savanna breathtaking. I felt like a little kid, always checking to see what new animal was outside!

We paid for a savanna view and I think that’s the only way to go. We had giraffes outside our balcony constantly, in addition to birds, zebras and other incredible wildlife.

For the price, the rooms leave much to be desired but that’s Disney. The bathroom was extremely small (toilet and shower) and not well lit. The theming of the room is nice but I think more could be done. Our tv didn’t work (which I couldn’t care less about but my husband was hoping to watch golf on our downtime). For the price you pay, it would be wonderful if the rooms could be bigger and the bathrooms made to be luxurious, rather than standard hotel bathrooms.

The transportation by bus only is not ideal but you know what you are agreeing to when you book at AKL.

Overall, I think AKL is worth it for the savanna experience. It is truly unique and I would absolutely stay there again.

Pros:

The views, the lobby, two of some of the highest rated Disney restaurants on property, gigantic pool, magical atmosphere

Cons:

Small, standard bathrooms. Distance from parks and transportation by bus only. Price

Reviewed by travelgurl Review Date: 06/11/2019

I recently stayed here for 4 nights, the lobby and common areas were beautiful and relaxing. I had a standard room with 1 queen and bunkbeds which would be great for families. The room was nice sized. The light in the shower was a bit dim and there is no fan to remove the steam. I had a parking lot view and each morning had to deal with lots of bus noise. I am not sure for this view I would pay the money they want.

Pros:

Great food. Where else are you going to see animal up close. Nice pool area, beautifully decorated.

Cons:

Only has bus transportation. Price high unless you able to get a view of the savanna. Distance from everything.

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 06/07/2019

We booked a standard view room, but to our surprise, we received an upgrade to a Savanna View room. We arrived after 3 pm, but our room was not ready, the front desk stated we would receive a text however, we never received a text and we had to check in with the front desk around 8 after we returned from Disney Springs. The hotel lobby and grounds are exquisite and all the Cast Members we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus and the majority of the times the buses were not packed. The only cons – the sink/shower area are very dark and the room seemed a little dusty.

Pros:

Savanna Views/Animals. Cast Members

Cons:

Dark room. Housekeeping

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2018

Stayed here 12-26 September 2018. Main pool is being refurbished so used one at Kidani Village. Either a 10 minute walk or a quick shuttle ride away. It was very busy and felt a bit cramped but it was a swimming pool. On checking in we were assigned a room with bunk beds and a queen bed which was unsuitable, so were switched to a room with two queen beds. It overlooks the Jambo House pool (out of order as being refurbished, but we knew this already) and it really was a lovely room. A bit of a hike to get food/drinks, but the food was good so no complaints! However, the bus service at this hotel left a lot to be desired. Although there is a tracker system, and it was working, the buses did not always arrive when they were scheduled to, and we waited 45 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs. It takes roughly 20 minutes to get anywhere by bus from Jambo House - with the obvious exception of the Animal Kingdom itself - but we allowed an 75 minutes to get from AKL to Paradiso 37 in Disney Springs. We were late for our lunch reservation and our table was given to others. Similarly for buses to Magic Kingdom (night of Halloween Party and EPCOT). We waited 40 minutes again for a bus to MK in order to transfer to a boat to take us to the Contemporary for dinner. When I complained about the bus service, I was informed I could use the limo - at $25 per journey! We also just made a dinner reservation at EPCOT - again after a long wait, and no-one on hand to address queries to. Every time I looked at the bus tracker another 5 or 10 minutes were added to the bus's expected arrival time. There were people on hand in the morning to check that everyone got to whatever destination they wanted - then they disappeared and guests were left to deal with buses that were horribly late or didn't show up. For the £££ we spent on this two week holiday - I expected more.

Pros:

Lovely hotel, great rooms, excellent food, wonderful staff.

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by Melanie D Review Date: 10/01/2018

I loved this resort. It's so beautiful and the food choices are amazing.

Pros:

Covered walkways so you won't get wet walking to your room from the bus or restaurants. Lots of food choices for adventurous eaters.

Cons:

It's really large.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We like staying here at Christmas the lobby is beautiful! All the levels of eating places are exceptional. Love sitting the the balcony and watching the animals.

Pros:

watching animals eating places

Cons:

rooms are very dark bathroom very small

Reviewed by SophieR Review Date: 09/30/2018

My family and I have loved this resort! The lobby is amazing by day and night, the surroundings are amazing and the chance to view animals all day is incredible. We booked a standard room, but were upgraded to a savanna view with a bunk bed, which made my 6 years old son very happy. The room was large and clean, we had a good view of the animals from the balcony. Short distance to the restaurants, we ate at all of them, had a great dinner at Jiko and the best meal of my life at Sanaa; try the bread service! We enjoyed both pools, at Jambo and Kidani, but my son preferred the slide at the Kidani pool. Good bus service, never waited more than 10 minutes. We are going back in 2019, looking forward to it!

Pros:

View of the animals, Sanaa, Jiko, both pools at Kidani and Jambi House, nice gift shop.

Cons:

Not so good wifi service

Reviewed by sandra loveless Review Date: 09/30/2018

This resort is sooooo educational and quest friendly!

Pros:

friendliness of staff. design of resort

Cons:

location