Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House (Deluxe Resort)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-deluxe.htm

Reviewed by AP1996 Review Date: 06/24/2018

This resort is absolutely fantastic. I may be biased because it was the first Disney resort I had ever stayed at when I was 11 years old. I have since stayed here four additional times and I have found more and more reasons to come back here. From the overall ambiance to the extreme attention to detail, this resort is breath taking. I have stayed in both the savanna and standard rooms and can't think of a single complaint, I was even able to see some animals from the standard view. The food here is also very good, quick service included. I have found this resort both romantic and adventurous and coming back here feels like home. The pool and hot tubs are amazingly themed and are friendly for all ages.

Pros:

Literally everything

Reviewed by tommygunn Review Date: 11/21/2017

Resort itself it gorgeous. Love the design of the lobby and the savannah view is awesome.

Yet on Disney trips I find myself in the room very little and the location of this property just stinks. Too far from MK and Epcot and the buses are inconsistent. For the price, I'd much rather be at one of the other deluxe resorts. And actually, even if the price was exactly the same, I'd prefer to be at the Port Orleans Riverside. I still think that's one of the best resorts on property.

Pros:

Beautiful Resort

Cons:

Location, location, location, $$$

Reviewed by Maintogo Review Date: 11/20/2017

My mom and I stayed in a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower. The room was nice and we were able to see animals everyday because we had a Savanna view. The 2 issues I had with this room was that she couldn't open the door while still in her wheelchair or scooter unless someone helped her and the balcony wasn't big enough to fit a wheelchair. The hotel has the buttons everywhere else to push so the does would open but not for the room. We are at every restaurant there from Mara to Jiko and it was great. I was also able to use the pool and hot tub as well as walk to trails to see the animals, and everything was great. Concierge also helped be book the Behind The Seeds your and with late checkout. I also tried shopping some things from Wal-Mart and they were delivered to my room when I got there. This was the second I have stayed and I love it and would stay again.

Pros:

Animal views and great food

Cons:

Handicapped accessible rooms

Reviewed by SusieH212 Review Date: 08/20/2017

AKL is an amazing resort! As soon as we arrive, we feel as though we are in a very special place. The decor & atmosphere is incredible. There is nothing like watching animals from your private balcony enjoying your morning coffee. Onsite restaurants Boma & Jiko are delicious. AKL is the only resort for us!

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by dlc1972 Review Date: 05/16/2017

We stayed 7 nights in early May and we absolutely loved this resort! We were a group of 9 in 4 rooms. All were standard view, 3 on one side of the hall and one on the other. Every room had a wonderful view with plenty of animals! I really did not expect to see animals from our standard view balcony! Wonderful! We ate several times at Mara and one dinner at Jiko. Fantastic. The pool was lovely and our 4 year old daughter absolutely loved it, especially the slide. Lots of fun happenings in the lobby in the evenings for my daughter as well. We did opt to get Ubers or taxis for some of our trips to the parks as we didn't want to wait for the buses. Most times the buses were pretty quick but there were one or two times when the wait seemed too long. Location would be my only complaint and even that is just a small complaint. I would stay here again for sure and I highly recommend it!!

Pros:

Just about everything!

Cons:

Just about none!

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 03/04/2017

The single reason I gave this resort a 9 is due to the bus service, but I'll get to that in a minute.

We stayed in a 1br value villa. We had an unbelievably good view of the savanna! Giraffes and zebras, wildebeests and ankole cattle were outside our balcony every afternoon/evening. The room was recently updated and looked great, everything bright and clean and in good working order. We like the accessibility of the Mara. Stopping at Victoria Falls for drinks in the evening was a challenge as almost every evening every table was full. We were able to sit and enjoy a glass of wine in Jiko's lounge one evening, which was really nice.

We have stayed at many Disney resorts, including Kidani village 3 times prior to this first Jambo stay. Maybe it was a bad week, bad luck, or whatever, but this was THE WORST bus service we have ever had. We never waited less than 30mins for a bus. Several times we waited 40+ minutes, and not everyone was able to board. This happened not just resort to park, but park to resort as well. We did have a few instances of us running to make a bus so we didn't have to wait, but the waiting painfully long for a bus far outweighed the times we ran. Twice there were Transportation CM's at the resort bus stop, neither time dd they have any good reason why the buses were so slow. I would not let this stop me from staying at Jambo again, in fact we hope to do it next Feb. I only mention it so folks know it can happen, and trust me, I plan to let DVC know my disappointment with the bus service.

Pros:

Theming, amenities

Cons:

buses! (not a previous problem, but prominent this trip)

Reviewed by eyluvbug Review Date: 08/12/2016

We stayed here for our second time June 2016, our first trip to AKL was last year and we just feel in love with it. As frequent visitors to the Beach Club and Poly, I worried that we would miss the ease of transportation and that the resort would be too dark. Not at all! The theming is just impeccable. We had a view of the savannah - I wouldn't want any other. The animals were 24/7 entertainment. Transportation was no bother because we rent a car which really just makes getting around easier and allows us to choose exactly when we come and go to all locations. The pool is large and beautiful. The Mara has wonderful quick-service options, and Boma is a very good buffet. Unlike the Beach Club, the resort is not massive which makes it more walkable and generally convenient to everything. It is now the only resort we want to stay at!

Pros:

Wonderful animals; ambience; theming

Reviewed by LeighAnnB Review Date: 04/12/2016

We stayed at the AKL-Jambo House during spring break 28Mar2016-02Apr2016. We loved everything about this resort!
Theme: A+
Animal viewing: A+++
Dining:A+
Bus Service to parks: A
Guest Service: A++

I would highly recommend staying at AKL at least once just to experience falling asleep with giraffes outside your window and waking up to zebras!

I sent in a fax prior to our stay to request the Arusha savannah and was thrilled that they were able to accommodate the request. We were a close walk to the lobby and had amazing animal views!

We ate at Sanaa, Boma, Mara, and Jiko and enjoyed them all. Mara was very busy but to be expected for quick service dining. It was nice to have a variety of dining choices within our resort.

The lobby was huge and beautiful but also welcoming and comfortable. I spent some time sitting on the sofas reading and just people watching.

My son used the pool and really enjoyed the size and close location to Mara.

I had read that the lighting in the rooms was dim so I took a lighted makeup mirror. I found that I did not really need it. Perhaps Disney has updated the lighting based on reviews? If you are a lady who likes a brighter makeup light, then I would suggest taking a battery operated makeup mirror. I picked mine up from Bed,Bath, and Beyond.

My only complaint would be the size of the room. We had two adults and an 18 year old with us, so the room could be a bit tight for the three of us. We made it work and rotated bathroom time so it worked out well. Since I doubt Disney will be expanding the room sizes, if you are a family who likes a bit more space, either get a bigger room or mentally prepare yourself to be close. ;)

Overall, we LOVED AKL and we can't wait to get back HOME. :)

Pros:

Animals, Decor, Dining, Service

Cons:

room a bit small

Reviewed by Bornwiththeears Review Date: 01/05/2016

If Mara had a better food selection I would have given this hotel a 10. The bus service was great (we expected longer rides). Our inexpensive room had a beautiful balcony overlooking a view of the animals.

Pros:

beautiful hotel; amazing view of the animals

Cons:

limited food choices

Reviewed by Edrod1000 Review Date: 10/03/2015

We just got back recently from our Disney vacation. And this is our second time staying at AKL. We can't ask for the best service. Also at Boma's for breakfast and having Albert as our server. He goes out of his way to make your breakfast the best way to start off your day. We had the savannah view all I can say outstanding seeing the animals from your balcony. Can't wait to go back again.

Pros:

An amazing place to stay