Tickets: Walt Disney World Annual Passes
We’re taking a look at all things Walt Disney World Annual Pass — from current pricing to benefits! After suspension of sales of Annual Passes in 2020, Walt Disney World introduced a new program of APs that went on sale September 8, 2021!
Annual Pass Program
In August 2021, Disney announced four new types of Annual Passes for Walt Disney World. These replace the older tiered system that included Platinum Passes, Gold Passes, etc. The new Passes each have their own inclusions (and some exclusions); read on to see which Pass works for you!
Disney Pixie Dust Pass
$399 plus tax
$19 per month for FL resident with $205 down
Renewal Price: $339 plus tax
Disney Pirate Pass
$699 plus tax
$45 per month for FL resident with $205 down
Renewal Price: $594 plus tax
$899 plus tax
$63 per month for FL resident with $205 down
Renewal Price: $764 plus tax
$1299 plus tax
$99 per month for FL resident with $205 down
Renewal Price: $1104 plus tax
For current pricing on Florida Resident annual passes and all other ticketing media, visit our Ticketing page.
Disney Park Pass for Annual Passholders
Disney Park Pass reservations are required for Annual Passholders. Each type of Annual Pass listed above comes with its own designated number of Park Passes that the Passholder can retain at any given time. Once a Park Pass is used (i.e. you went to a Park — yea!), you can make another in My Disney Experience, so that you can always be holding your allowed number of Park Pass reservations.
Disney Park Passes that can be held by each level of Pass are:
- 3 Disney Park Passes for Pixie Dust Passes
- 4 Disney Park Passes for Pirate Passes
- 5 Disney Park Passes for Sorcerer Passes
- 5 Disney Park Passes for Incredi-Passes
Note that a Passholder with a Disney Resort reservation can hold the number of Disney Park Pass reservations that they have in days of Resort reservation. So if you plan a week-long vacation at a Disney Resort hotel (or select other hotels), you can book a week worth of Disney Park Pass reservations.
Bonus Disney Park Passes
In addition to the allowed number of Disney Park Passes, Disney will also offer BONUS Park Passes. These Bonus Park Passes will not count toward your total (so if you’re allowed five Disney Park Pass reservations, you could actually hold six with the Bonus Pass). Bonus DPPs may be specific to select Parks (i.e. a bonus DPP that’s good only for Animal Kingdom on a particular day). See your calendar in My Disney Experience when making your bonus reservation.
Passholders will see these Bonus Disney Park Pass offerings on their DPP calendar, annotated with a star ⭐.
Current Bonus Disney Park Pass Dates:
October 7 (Animal Kingdom)
October 10 (Animal Kingdom)
October 12 (EPCOT)
October 13 (Animal Kingdom)
All Annual Passholders are entitled to the following perks:
- Free Standard Theme Park Parking
- Up to 20% off on dining, shopping, and more
- Park Hopping
- Discounts on some tours, spa treatments, After Hours events, and more
- Occasional discounts on Resort reservations
Annual Pass Add-Ons
With the advent of the Pixie Dust, Pirate, Sorcerer, and Incredi–Passes, Disney offers add-ons that any Passholder can opt into for a fee.
Water Park and Sports Add-On
For $99 per Pass per year, Passholders can access the following activities and experiences with no blockout dates.
- Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Oak Trail Golf Course
- Foot Golf at Oak Trail
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf (one round prior to 4PM)
- Winter Summerland Miniature (one round prior to 4PM)
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
For Annual Passholders who like to collect photos and digital downloads of their trips, a PhotoPass Add-On will be available for $99 per year. The PhotoPass Add-On includes:
- Digital downloads of PhotoPass photos and videos, including those captured on attractions
- Access to those downloads from the first valid date of the Pass until its expiration
- Discounts on prints and physical product purchases
Purchasing a New Annual Pass
Those looking to purchase a new Annual Pass (not renewing a current Pass or upgrading a currently-held ticket), you’ll be able to do so starting September 8, 2021. You’ll be able to buy them:
- On the My Disney Experience app
- On DisneyWorld.com
- In person at a theme park ticket window
- In person at the Disney Ticket Center in Disney Springs
- Over the phone at (407)W-Disney
Disney has said that in order to manage capacity in the Parks, Annual Pass sales may be suspended at any time.
Current Passholder Options
If you currently hold an Annual Pass and you are not in your renewal period, you will be able to use your current Pass until you enter your renewal period. Once you do, you will be required to renew into one of the new Passes.
If you currently hold an Annual Pass and you are in your renewal period up to September 7, 2021, you can renew into one of the current tiers, but you must activate your Pass by that date as well in order to stay in your current Pass type. If you renew before 9/7 but can not activate until after 9/8, you will be activated into a new Pass type.
Any renewals or activations after September 8 will be into the new Pass options.
As long as current Annual Passholders opt into an equivalent Pass under the new structure when it’s time for them to renew, they will retain their current perks even if they’re not included in the new Pass. For example, some current Passes include PhotoPass; if a current Passholder renews to an equivalent new Pass level, they will retain PhotoPass and not have to pay for it as an add-on for $99.
Disney Park Pass Reservations
Current Passholders will see an increase in the number of Disney Park Passes they can hold at any given time. This change will take place beginning September 8, 2021. The number of Park Pass reservations will increase to:
- Disney Platinum Plus Pass: Up to 5 Park Pass reservations
- Disney Platinum Pass: Up to 5 Park Pass reservations
- Disney Gold Pass: Up to 5 Park Pass reservations
- Disney Silver Pass: Up to 4 Park Pass reservations
- Disney Theme Park Select Pass: Up to 3 Park Pass reservations
- Disney Weekday Select Pass: Up to 3 Park Pass reservations
- Disney EPCOT After 4 Pass: Up to 3 Park Pass reservations
Current Ticketholder Options
If you have already purchased a theme park ticket that has not been used, select ticketholders will be eligible to upgrade to select Annual Pass options. There will eventually be five different ways to do this:
- Within the My Disney Experience app
- Using My Disney Experience online at DisneyWorld.com
- At a theme park ticket window
- At the Disney Ticket Center at Disney Springs
- By phone at (407)W-Disney
When the new Annual Passes are available to purchase on September 8, eligible ticketholders will only be able to upgrade in person or by phone.
A monthly payment plan for FL residents will also only be available in person for current ticketholders who would like to upgrade.
Learn more about the Passholder program (including a cool new logo!) in the video below!