Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure — France — EPCOT
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Highlights
- As of January 10, 2022, Virtual Queue has been paused. Remy’s now uses a Standby Queue as its only means of riding. (See our experience of Day 1 of Standby here!)
- Virtual Queue/Boarding Pass access may return in the future. Any references below are to prepare should that option return.
- Lightning Lane access for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is available with the purchase as an Individual Attraction Selection.
- No height requirement
- Trackless ride featuring large screens, simulated movement, and actual movement through larger than life sets
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is a trackless dark ride located to the right side of EPCOT’s France Pavilion. An expansion of the pavilion created a new facade and an entrance for the ride. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is based on the Ratatouille: The Adventure attraction at Disneyland Paris.
Remy’s uses a trackless ride vehicle to carry guests through Gusteau’s fabulous Paris restaurant — all from the perspective of a rat (of course)!
The illusion is created by a combination of 4K projections, larger-than-life screens, and physical environments. And since it’s called “4D”, expect some added elements like getting splashed with water!
How To: Current Access
This attraction is crazy-popular, but Lightning Lane access can be purchased via Individual Attraction Selections. There is no Single Rider line.
How To: Virtual Queue (if it returns)
Boarding passes are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, and only guests that are in the park are eligible. Boarding Passes are available day-of and open up at two different times each day. They are typically gone within minutes.
Guests using the Virtual Queue will only be able to ride time per day.
Individual Attraction Selection
Disney Genie will provide the option for guests to purchase Lightning Lane passes, replacing the FastPass+ program of the past. When the Disney Genie functions launch in fall 2021, guests will be able to purchase an Individual Attraction Selection for the ride.
The timing for when a user can make a first Individual Attraction Selection for the day varies depending on which property they’re visiting and whether they’re in a participating Resort hotel.
- At Walt Disney World, select Resort guests (Disney Resorts, Swan & Dolphin, and Shades of Green) can make their first reservation at 7AM (so they do not need to be in the Park).
- Guests not staying at a participating Resort or hotel will be able to make an Individual Attraction Selection at the time of Park opening.
If you’re planning to rope drop this attraction, we recommend entering via EPCOT’s International Gateway. This will give you quick access to the France pavilion. Friendship Boats from the EPCOT-Resorts and the Disney Skyliner both provide convenient access to the International Gateway.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure has no height requirement, and it is suitable for all ages. Children under the age of seven must be accompanied by an adult. Expectant mothers and guests prone to motion sickness should see safety information at the ride entrance and/or speak to a Cast Member.
There are some surprises in the ride, but there are no drops and no overtly scary elements.
The ride is wheelchair accessible. Specific ride vehicles are designed to accommodate wheelchairs. They will not accommodate ECVs, however, so guests using ECVs will need to transfer to a traditional wheelchair before boarding.
Some vehicles are designed with wider entrances so that those wishing to transfer from a wheelchair to the ride vehicle can do so more easily.
Service animals are allowed.
If your chaotic ride through Gusteau’s leaves you famished, head over to the new La Creperie de Paris, located near Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France expansion. You can dine on both savory and sweet crepes and galettes. La Creperie offers both Table Service and Quick Service dining options.