Ahhh, Hollywood Studios…we love you so.
I mean, where else can you become the size of a toy, fight with the Resistance, and walk down Sunset Boulevard all in one day? It’s tempting to want to do it ALL at Hollywood Studios (and it’s possible, we’ve done it with and without Genie+) but your day can be less stressful if you focus on your priorities.
That’s why we want to suggest something that may be a little surprising to some — skip Slinky Dog Dash. We know this is one of the most fun rides in the park, but hear us out.
The Toy Story-themed ride has the highest average wait time in all of Disney World. Yes, it’s even much higher than Flight of Passage in Disney’s Animal Kingdom now.
There are, of course, ways around this. First, you can try rope dropping, especially if you are a Disney World hotel guest taking advantage of early entry. If you do not have early entry, the line might already be painfully long in the morning.
The second option is purchasing Genie+ for Hollywood Studios. We recommend grabbing a Slinky Dog Dash Lightning Lane first because they tend to sell out before the other attractions in the park.
If Slinky Dog Dash is a must for you, use one of the methods above or prepare to wait in line. Now, take a look at the rest of the average wait times in Disney World!
Magic Kingdom wait times have stayed pretty steady over the past few weeks and this week was no exception. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train holds the top spot for longest wait time with an 82-minute average, followed by Peter Pan’s Flight with a 70-minute average. These are the only two rides with averages over an hour, though.
Here are the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait time:
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minute
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 6 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 8 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 10 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 11 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 12 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 13 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 13 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 14 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 15 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 19 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 19 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 22 minutes
- it’s a small world: 22 minutes
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: 28 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 31 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 33 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 34 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 43 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 40 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 44 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 50 minutes
- Space Mountain: 58 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 70 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 82 minutes
We’ve already gone into detail about Slinky Dog Dash, so let’s check out the other wait times in Hollywood Studios. After a decrease last week, Rise of the Resistance saw a jump in wait time to an 85-minute average. Tower of Terror was not as high as you might expect — the spooky ride posted a 47-minute average this week.
Read the list below to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages, from low to high:
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 13 minutes
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 13 minutes
- Walt Disney Presents: 16 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 28 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 47 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 55 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 58 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 60 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 66 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 85 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 98 minutes
The EPCOT Food & Wine Festival is in full swing, but is it impacting the wait times? Well, we have a new frontrunner as the highest wait time in the park — Test Track. The high-speed attraction had a 69-minute average which is higher than popular rides like Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Frozen Ever After
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Awesome Planet: 0 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- Living with the Land: 9 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 9 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 10 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 11 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 16 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 20 minutes
- Soarin’: 34 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 63 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 64 minutes
- Test Track: 69 minutes
When strategizing how to do Animal Kingdom, keep in mind that Flight of Passage continues to have the longest average wait time in the park. Also note that Kali River Rapids has a higher average wait time than normal at 39 minutes — this is likely because guests are looking for a way to cool off in the record-breaking summer heat.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions are listed below:
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 6 minutes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 9 minutes
- Dinosaur: 22 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 23 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 30 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 39 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 65 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 87 minutes
And that concludes your update on the wait times at Disney World for now! Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates, and in the meantime, check out our video below where we spill the secret to using Genie+ in Hollywood Studios.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Is Slinky Dog Dash a must-do for you? Let us know in the comments!