Rise of the Resistance is one of the newest rides in Disney World and to say people LOVE it is an understatement.
We’ve seen multi-hour wait times on multiple occasions and it is usually one of the first Individual Lightning Lanes to sell out for the day. So that’s why we were SHOCKED to see how low the average wait time is for the Star Wars attraction this week!
Last week, wait times saw a drop across the board due to Hurricane Idalia — Rise of the Resistance had a 57-minute average wait time.
This week, however, the popular attraction posted a 47-minute average wait time. Yes, you’re reading that correctly — wild, right? September is typically a month with lower crowds since it’s between summer break and the holidays, but this was still pretty shocking.
Take a look at the rest of the average wait times in Disney World below:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which posts the highest wait times in all of Magic Kingdom, stayed the same since last week with a 57-minute average. Several popular attractions like Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean had averages in the 20s.
Here are the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait time:
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minute
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 4 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 6 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 6 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 7 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 8 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 9 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 10 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 10 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 10 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 11 minutes
- it’s a small world: 11 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 14 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 14 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 20 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 21 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 21 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 21 minutes
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: 22 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 24 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 31 minutes
- Space Mountain: 33 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 34 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 52 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 57 minutes
Slinky Dog Dash continues to post the highest wait times in the park — yes, it’s even longer than Rise of the Resistance! Except for the Toy Story-themed coaster, the average wait times at each ride were under an hour this week.
Read the list below to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages, from low to high:
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 11 minutes
- Walt Disney Presents: 14 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 15 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 17 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 29 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 33 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 36 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 41 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 47 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 49 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 72 minutes
Although EPCOT has some of the shortest wait times, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Frozen Ever After’s averages increased this week. You can still walk on many attractions like Living with the Land and Journey Into Imagination with Figment with little to no wait.
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Awesome Planet: 0 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 8 minutes
- Living with the Land: 8 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 7 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 9 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 9 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 13 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Soarin’: 23 minutes
- Test Track: 44 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 49 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 58 minutes
Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom also had a surprising decrease from a 67-minute average last week to a 58-minute average this week! It’s pretty rare that this 3D ride has an average under 60 minutes.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions are listed below:
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 5 minutes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 10 minutes
- Dinosaur: 11 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 15 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 14 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 14 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 51 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 58 minutes
And that’s it for wait time updates at Disney World for now! Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates, and in the meantime, check out our A to Z Disney World challenge below.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Is Rise of the Resistance a must-ride for you in Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Let us know in the comments!