In case you missed it, Soarin’ Over California is back in EPCOT right now!
In 2016, Soarin’ changed to Soarin’ Around the World and we had to say goodbye to the west coast version of the ride. After an announcement at this year’s Destination D23 event, we learned that the California version would return — but it is seriously impacting wait times!
Among many other changes like Mickey’s new outfit, new park decor, and more, Soarin’ Over California returned on September 22nd, 2023. It was clear that fans were excited about this change because wait times were much higher than we usually see for that attraction.
Additionally, wait times went up at the other attractions in the park since there are currently more visitors due to the 100th anniversary celebrations, Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana previews, and this Soarin’ change.
See how all of the wait times were affected in EPCOT and check out the average wait times in all of the other Disney World parks from the past week, too!
After some increases last week, the wait times have once again jumped up! Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is back up to a 67-minute average as the longest in the park. Remember the good old days when this average was below an hour?
Here are the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait time:
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minutes
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 4 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 8 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 9 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 11 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 11 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 12 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 14 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 14 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 14 minutes
- it’s a small world: 18 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 15 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 15 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 18 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 24 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 27 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 28 minutes
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: 29 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 30 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 31 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 41 minutes
- Space Mountain: 42 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 44 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 58 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 67 minutes
Speaking of jumping, Hollywood Studios saw some serious leaps when it comes to wait times. Slinky Dog Dash went from 71 minutes to 83 minutes and Rise of the Resistance went from 64 minutes to 72 minutes.
Read the list below to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages, from low to high:
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 11 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 13 minutes
- Walt Disney Presents: 18 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 33 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 48 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 50 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 58 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 59 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 60 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 72 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 83 minutes
As we mentioned above, the wait times at Soarin’ have increased significantly this past week. See how the rest of EPCOT was affected below!
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Awesome Planet: 0 minutes
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 12 minutes
- Living with the Land: 13 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 14 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 16 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 16 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 18 minutes
- Soarin’: 45 minutes
- Test Track: 58 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 76 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 77 minutes
Flight of Passage posts the highest wait times in all of Disney World with a 91-minute average. Na’vi River Journey is another ride to watch out for in this park. Although Dinosaur has lower averages than other attractions in the park, the average has increased a lot since the DinoLand retheme announcements in early September.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions are listed below:
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 8 minutes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 10 minutes
- Dinosaur: 18 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 24 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 27 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 37 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 70 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 91 minutes
And that’s it for wait time updates at Disney World for now! Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates, and in the meantime, check out one of our newest videos below!
Need a vacation from planning your vacation?
Feeling overwhelmed planning your dream Disney vacation? Our friends at MouseFanTravel.com have got you covered! They’ll wait on hold for HOURS to get discounts you haven't even read about yet. Plus, they'll help you create an itinerary that's absolutely perfect for you, because they're agents are Disney pros and know ALL the inside tips. I mean they are friends with us after-all.
The best part? They take all the stress off your shoulders, so you can kick back and truly enjoy your vacation. Their services are 100% free, so what are you waiting for? Get a quote from their amazing team today!