With the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival underway, Halloween decor starting to appear in Magic Kingdom, and more changes, you might be wondering just how BAD wait times are in the parks right now. And we’ve got the answer.
Each week we look at the average wait times in Disney World and this week we’ve spotted some changes. Interestingly, it seems a few rides in Disney’s Animal Kingdom have seen some changes to their wait times, with a pretty big drop at one popular ride.
Here’s a little comparison for context on some of the adjustments:
- TriceraTop Spin: 6 minutes (Last week’s average: 8 minutes)
- Dinosaur: 25 minutes (Last week’s average: 34 minutes)
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 26 minutes (Last week’s average: 33 minutes)
- Expedition Everest: 32 minutes (Last week’s average: 35 minutes)
- Kali River Rapids: 41 minutes (Last week’s average: 45 minutes)
- Na’vi River Journey: 66 minutes (Last week’s average: 68 minutes)
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 84 minutes (Last week’s average: 104 minutes) — that’s a pretty big jump!
It’s possible that a few different factors might have led to this significant decrease at Flight of Passage, like lower crowds overall, a pull of crowds to other parks, or perhaps even a decrease in temporary closures or something that could have impacted wait times last week.
Still, it’s interesting to see quite a few rides at this park decreasing in average wait times, even if the decreases are small individually. At other parks, some average wait times decreased as well, while others increased — so it’s a bit of a mixed bag!
Only time will tell how crowds will continue to develop at Disney World, and you can bet we’ll be watching for updates!
In the meantime, here’s a complete look at the average Disney World wait times for the week ending on August 4th, 2023.
The wait times this week held pretty steady with minimal variation from the previous week. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train still remains the most popular ride in the park although it did experience a drop in wait time from an 88-minute average to an 83-minute average this week. Peter Pan’s Flight, on the other hand, saw an increase from an average of 69 minutes last week to 72 minutes this week. So things aren’t all decreasing here.
Here are the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait time:
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minute
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 5 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 7 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 9 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 10 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 12 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 13 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 14 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 15 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 15 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 19 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 20 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 20 minutes
- it’s a small world: 24 minutes
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: 30 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 30 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 30 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 32 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 40 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 40 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 45 minutes
- Jungle Cruise: 45 minutes
- Space Mountain: 56 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 72 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 83 minutes
Rise of the Resistance saw a slight decrease in its average wait time, clocking in at 77 minutes this week, compared to 80 minutes last week. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster also saw a slight decrease — from 79 minutes last week to 70 this week. Slinky Dog Dash appears to be holding steady as the busiest ride in the park though, with a 98-minute average wait, slightly higher than it was last week.
Read the list below to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages, from low to high:
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 15 minutes
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 15 minutes
- Walt Disney Presents: 15 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 31 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 57 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 57 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 60 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 62 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 70 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 77 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 98 minutes
The EPCOT Food & Wine Festival has completed its first full week for this year but did that draw the EPCOT crowds to the rides? Despite some intense weekend crowds, wait times weren’t all that bad. The top three highest wait times hovered right around an hour wait each, though there were some increases in wait times at Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- Awesome Planet: 2 minutes
- Living with the Land: 8 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 9 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 11 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 13 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 14 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 15 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 22 minutes
- Soarin’: 32 minutes
- Test Track: 60 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 65 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 66 minutes
Last week Avatar Flight of Passage clocked an average wait time of 104 minutes, but that has since dwindled to an 84-minute average, marking a huge jump. Na’vi River Journey only hit an average wait time this week of 66 minutes, which was also a slight decrease from its 68-minute average last week.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions are listed below:
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 6 minutes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 10 minutes
- Dinosaur: 25 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 26 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 32 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 41 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 66 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 84 minutes
And that concludes your update on the wait times at Disney World for now! Stay tuned to AllEars for more updates, and in the meantime, check out our video below where we RUINED our Disney World trip to show you how it can be fixed!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Do these wait times make you want to visit the Disney World parks now or wait? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.