The first major week of the holidays has come and gone in Walt Disney World!
This time of year is typically the quiet calm before the storm, with more crowds coming to the parks as we get closer to Christmas. Last week we got a preview for what to expect from the holiday season, when Genie+ hit its highest pricing of all time at $29 per person per day.
Since then, Genie+ has returned to the lower end of its pricing, and the wait times from this week reflect that. Below is a list of all the average wait times in Disney World this past week, and noting which of your favorite rides have the longest wait times can help you decide whether Genie+ could actually help you out.
Time to take a look at the average wait times for Disney World rides this past week!
In Magic Kingdom, we saw the usual culprits having the longest wait times. Mine Train averaged 64 minutes, while Peter Pan’s Flight was second most at 59 minutes. On average, most rides at the park came in at a much more manageable 30 minutes or under.
Look below for the average weekly wait times for each ride below, from shortest to longest wait times.
- Tom Sawyer Island: 0 minutes
- Country Bear Jamboree: 0 minutes
- Hall of Presidents: 2 minutes
- Liberty Square Riverboat: 5 minutes
- Carousel of Progress: 5 minutes
- Enchanted Tiki Room: 5 minutes
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse: 5 minutes
- Mad Tea Party: 10 minutes
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: 11 minutes
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: 12 minutes
- Tomorrowland Speedway: 14 minutes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant: 14 minutes
- Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini: 14 minutes
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: 14 minutes
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin: 16 minutes
- it’s a small world: 19 minutes
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid: 19 minutes
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 26 minutes
- Splash Mountain: 27 minutes
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 27 minutes
- Astro Orbiter: 27 minutes
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 28 minutes
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 31 minutes
- Haunted Mansion: 33 minutes
- Space Mountain: 40 minutes
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 59 minutes
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 64 minutes
Hollywood Studios was a mixed bag for wait times this week, though the park has fairly consistently stated at the top for having the longest wait times overall. This week, Tower of Terror continued to hold the longest average wait time at the park, beating out the far newer Rise of the Resistance. We have seen technical difficulties at Tower of Terror cause long waits for almost a year now, so make sure to keep that in mind if you’re looking to ride in the haunted hotel!
Scroll down to see the rest of the Hollywood Studios ride wait times averages below, from low to high:
- Walt Disney Presents: 9 minutes
- Muppet Vision 3D: 10 minutes
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: 14 minutes
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 16 minutes
- Alien Swirling Saucers: 33 minutes
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: 51 minutes
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith: 56 minutes
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway: 56 minutes
- Toy Story Mania: 58 minutes
- Slinky Dog Dash: 81 minutes
- Rise of the Resistance: 81 minutes
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 95 minutes
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure had the highest average wait time in EPCOT at 71 minutes (versus last week’s average of 82 minutes). After that, Frozen Ever After was the second highest with 65 minutes, followed by Test Track with a 55 minute average.
See the average EPCOT attraction wait times from the week below:
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: 0 minutes
- Pixar Short Film Festival: 0 minutes
- Impressions de France: 0 minutes
- Reflections of China: 0 minutes
- Awesome Planet: 0 minutes
- Living with the Land: 8 minutes
- Gran Fiesta Tour: 9 minutes
- Journey into Imagination: 9 minutes
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 11 minutes
- Spaceship Earth: 12 minutes
- Turtle Talk with Crush: 13 minutes
- Mission: SPACE: 19 minutes
- Soarin’: 34 minutes
- Test Track: 55 minutes
- Frozen Ever After: 65 minutes
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure: 71 minutes
The wait times also dropped considerably from week to week at Animal Kingdom. This week, the average wait time for Flight of Passage was 85 minutes. That’s an average difference of thirty minutes from the previous week! We saw similar drops for all of the rides at the park.
The average wait times for the rest of Animal Kingdom’s attractions this week were as follows:
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail: 0 minutes
- The Boneyard: 0 minutes
- TriceraTop Spin: 8 minuetes
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug: 10 minutes
- Kali River Rapids: 11 minutes
- Dinosaur: 13 minutes
- Expedition Everest: 20 minutes
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: 37 minutes
- Na’vi River Journey: 53 minutes
- Avatar Flight of Passage: 85 minutes
Overall, Disney World wait times dropped considerably from the previous holiday week, which is to be expected. However, a few rides still are boasting wait times with averages of over an hour. So, if you’re looking to save time in the parks, Genie+ may be an option to consider for the most popular rides, even in a quieter time.
Keep following AllEars for more ride wait time information in Disney World!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of our ranking for EPCOT rides! Click here to get started!
Which Disney World ride is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!