A couple of weeks ago, we had shared the news that Virgin Atlantic would resume their flights in and out of Orlando International Airport on July 20th.
We just learned that date has been delayed by about one month, with the new date still pending approval.
Currently, Virgin Atlantic plans to resume their flights to Orlando International Airport on August 24th, 2020.
According to Yahoo! News, travel restrictions are still in place, and a recent spike in cases in the state of Florida has resulted in Virgin’s decision to push back these flights.
Virgin has noted that the new date of August 24th needs to be approved by the CDC and the US public health body. Currently, the CDC has restricted all international travel in and out of the U.S. to just 15 airports, and currently Orlando International is not on that list.
We will continue to provide updates on this situation as we learn more!
Are you a U.K. traveler? Has this delay impacted any upcoming travel plans? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!