We recently shared that the Tokyo Disney Resort will reopen on July 1.
Ahead of its grand reopening, the resort has laid out a series of procedures that they will follow to mitigate any risk to their Cast Members and guests.
The major components of Tokyo Disney Resort’s procedures include an approach to health and safety, which involves implementing social distancing and increased sanitization measures. The resort will also utilize temperature screenings for all guests wishing to visit, and will require the use of face masks.
However, there was one interesting difference that Tokyo Disney Resort will adopt is the following policy on face masks: “Guests will be required to wear masks at all times in side the parks, except when dining. However, in order to prevent heat stroke, during the summer season when the temperature and humidity are high, if guests are outdoors with adequate distance from other people, masks may be removed.”
Another major difference we spotted was that the only guests admitted to the parks at this time are those who pave purchased fixed date tickets. Even if you are an Annual Passholder, you must purchase this fixed date ticket to enter the park.
Tokyo Disney Resort will offer guests three different types of passports that must be purchased ahead of time. Only those guests who have purchased these fixed date tickets may enter the resort during this initial reopening phase. They will offer a one day passport with entry allowed from 8AM, a fixed date passport with an entry time of 11AM, and a fixed date passport with an entry time of 2PM. These passports are priced accordingly:
Tokyo Disney Resort did mention that they are offering their Annual Passholders a lottery for admission during this initial period in lieu of purchasing a fixed date passport. More details on this will be available soon. The resort also released a list of entertainment, shopping, and dining experiences that will not be available when the parks first reopen. You can see the full list as well as see the rest of their announcement here!
Have you ever been to the Tokyo Disney Resort? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!