This week, Disney World presented their proposal for a reopening date, proposing July 11th for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and July 15th for EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
As part of their presentation, Disney outlined what guests can expect when Disney World does reopen, including new health and safety precautions in place, along with an advanced reservation system required for entry into the parks, and a current pause on all dining and hotel reservations. Tonight, Disney released a variety of changes that will be coming to the parks, including the suspension and cancellation of various reservations for guests.
Disney Dining Plan Packages
Disney announced that they will be cancelling all Disney Dining Plans that guests have booked through the end of the year. This suspension is being done in order to “foster physical distancing during this time”
Dining and Experience Reservations
Along with the cancellation of Disney Dining Plan packages, Disney World is also cancelling all existing dining and experience reservations. They have announced that they will reopen dining and experience bookings in limited numbers when the parks reopen, when they will shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window.
Disney has announced that they will be suspending all FastPass+ reservations for the time being “as [they] plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at [their] attractions and maintain physical distancing.” This means that all existing FastPass+ selections will be cancelled, with updates to come at a later date.
Click here for more information on the suspension of FastPass+, and cancellation of existing reservations
Extra Magic Hours
Another change that will be coming when the theme parks reopen is the suspension of Extra Magic Hours.
New Details on Theme Park Reservation System
While Disney World has not yet released a date for when they will begin implementing their theme park advanced reservation system, they have released new details on the system, including who will get priority access when the system goes live.
Stay tuned to AllEars as we continue to bring you updates on all of the latest information from Disney World’s reopening!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World