This week, Disney World presented their proposal for a reopening date, proposing July 11th for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and July 15th for EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
As part of their presentation, Disney outlined what guests can expect when Disney World does reopen, including new health and safety precautions in place, along with an advanced reservation system required for entry into the parks, and a current pause on all dining and hotel reservations. Tonight, Disney released a variety of changes that will be coming to the parks, including the suspension and cancellation of various reservations for guests.
Disney Dining Plan Packages
Disney announced that they will be cancelling all Disney Dining Plans that guests have booked through the end of the year. This suspension is being done in order to “foster physical distancing during this time”
Dining and Experience Reservations
Along with the cancellation of Disney Dining Plan packages, Disney World is also cancelling all existing dining and experience reservations. They have announced that they will reopen dining and experience bookings in limited numbers when the parks reopen, when they will shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window.
Disney has announced that they will be suspending all FastPass+ reservations for the time being “as [they] plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at [their] attractions and maintain physical distancing.” This means that all existing FastPass+ selections will be cancelled, with updates to come at a later date.
Click here for more information on the suspension of FastPass+, and cancellation of existing reservations
Extra Magic Hours
Another change that will be coming when the theme parks reopen is the suspension of Extra Magic Hours.
New Details on Theme Park Reservation System
While Disney World has not yet released a date for when they will begin implementing their theme park advanced reservation system, they have released new details on the system, including who will get priority access when the system goes live.
Stay tuned to AllEars as we continue to bring you updates on all of the latest information from Disney World’s reopening!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!