While you’re returning back to Disney World, there are plenty of new tips and tricks to learn along the way!
Since Disney’s operating with new health and safety regulations, going to the parks now looks way different than it has before. While distancing measures and sanitation procedures are in place, that means guests and Cast Members will be required to wear face masks when they’re in Disney World.
While it may feel strange that this is the new theme park norm, we have plenty of tips and tricks to make the most out of your visit to the parks (face mask and all)!
While you’re wearing a mask in the parks, it’s not necessarily the easiest thing to remember to hydrate when you’re hopping from ride to ride. However, we’ve found that it’s crucial to take a moment to drink water whenever you’re in the parks.
Disney has stated that they’ve placed more tables outside for guests so they can sit down to drink or eat something for a moment. We’ve found ourselves drinking a lot less than usual, which can be a problem in the high amounts of Florida heat during long days.
Quick Service locations are also still giving out free water cups if guests ask for them. Cast Members have prepared them ahead of time so there is less contact required.
Wear the Right Mask
Although people are making sure to wear masks in the park at all times, you may not actually be wearing the right kind of mask that’s best suited for your face!
Before we made sure to find the right mask, we had to keep pulling up our mask because it was too big. We’ve also heard from some readers that their Disney character face masks have run too small when they’ve gotten them (so make sure to size up!).
The best thing you can do is to find a face mask that fits snugly, but not too snugly, while also being comfortable around your face. Disney World is also selling disposable masks for any guests whose coverings break or get lost during their visits to the parks.
Secure Your Mask
On top of finding the right mask to fit your face, there are plenty of ways to secure your mask to make sure it stays put all day long. If you order a mask and the ear loops are too big, there are extenders available online to make sure the loops fit better.
Plus, we recommend using bobby pins to secure your straps when you’re on roller coaster or attraction that might make your mask a little looser.
Take a Break!
Although you might want to run to your favorite attractions (same) or wave to all the characters in the new cavalcades, don’t be afraid to take a break when you’re visiting! While we’re so used to constantly being on the move in a Disney Park, it’s important to allow yourself a breather once in a while.
The Relaxation Stations around the parks can be a helpful place for a midday break where guests can take their masks off away from other guests both indoors and outdoors in Disney World.
We also think that it’s totally helpful to sit down at a restaurant inside to hydrate, eat a meal, and take your mask off in a safe environment. Restaurants are operating with new health and safety regulations with table distancing, hand-sanitizer stations, and more.
Since guests are only able to visit one park per day, guests can also go back to the resorts and return to the parks (if capacity allows). If your kiddos or you need some time to go to the pool or take a nap, give yourself a break during the day before heading back to the parks!
While our experiences with masks have varied since we’ve returned back to the parks, they’re an important measure to continue keeping everyone safe in Disney World. Although there are plenty of differences in how the parks will be operating during the initial re-openings, we look forward to seeing all the ways Disney has shifted to safely accommodate guests and Cast Members!
Have you been back to Disney World yet? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World