To say that Disney World has released a lot of news over the past few weeks would be an understatement.
From the new Disney Parks Pass reservation system, to cancelled after-hours events, and what attractions will be reopening at the parks, we’re breaking it all down in our most Frequently Asked Questions about Disney World’s reopening!
Answering Your Most FAQ About Disney World’s Reservation System and MORE!
Theme Park Reservation System
Who can use the Disney Parks Pass system?
Guests with both a park reservation AND valid admission will be able to use the Disney Parks Pass system. The system will open up on the following dates:
- Disney Resort and “other select hotel Guests” (this includes Disney’s Swan and Dolphin, along with Disney Springs Resort hotels) who have valid theme park admission could begin making reservations on June 22nd
- Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations beginning June 26th.
- Any other existing ticket holders can begin making reservations June 28th.
How does the Disney Park Pass system work?
What happens if the park I want is fully booked?
In a recent CBS News article, a Disney spokesperson confirmed that “Disney will make more space available for annual pass holders and the public later this week.” Up until then, “the reservation system will show fully booked time slots for annual pass holders who try logging on before Friday.”
We will update with more information when the system opens up to Annual Passholders later this week!
If I have a hotel reservation, but not everyone in my party has a ticket, will I be able to make a Park Pass reservation for them?
In order to make a Park Pass reservation, each person must have their own valid ticket. Unfortunately even if a person in your part is on your resort reservation, they will not be able to book a Park Pass reservation without a valid ticket as well.
How far out can you make your park reservation at Disney World?
When the Disney Parks Pass system opens, park reservations will be available through September 26th, 2021, based on “your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.”
For guests that have a room-only reservation for 2021 at a Disney Resort hotel (or other select hotels), Disney has stated that you may call the Disney Reservation Center, or your travel professional, starting June 24th, 2020 to “upgrade to a vacation package with tickets” so that you may make your theme park reservations.
Will you be able to park-hop when Disney World reopens?
When the Disney Park Pass System becomes available for booking, guests will be limited to selecting one park per day. They have confirmed that park hopping will be temporarily unavailable at reopening, due to the theme parks keeping attendance limited.
Can I get a refund for my park hopper ticket?
If you are a guest with an existing Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option ticket, you will have several options.
- Ticket Extension: You can use your current date-based ticket with the existing add-on by September 26, 2021, though Disney does add that this is “should the options return by that date”
- Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22nd, or contact your travel professional.
- Ticket Cancellation: You may also cancel your ticket by calling the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22nd, or contact your travel professional.
Disney has said they hope to bring park hopping back soon, and park hopping add-ons are currently available as part of 2021 vacation packages.
Am I able to leave a park and come back to the same one later that day?
Yes, you are! A Cast Member has confirmed with us that if you make a reservation for one park, you may leave and return to that same park later in the day.
How will Annual Passholders be able to use the reservation system?
The Disney Park Pass system went live for Annual Passholders on June 26th. Annual Passholders without a Disney World Resort hotel reservation will be limited to making three reservations at at time. However, Annual Passholders staying at resorts with valid theme park admission can make reservations for each day of their stays.
Annual Passholders also don’t have to make all of their reservations during their stay at a resort. If you happen to be staying five days in July, you can spread your Disney Park Pass reservations out over July and August.
While a Disney Cast Member has stated to us that you should be able to book Disney Park Passes for the length of your resort reservations and then after your stay using your three Annual Pass reservations. However, some readers have reported that they were unable to do so.
I got my Annual Pass extended due to the closure, but it isn’t reflecting yet. Can I book a Disney Park Pass reservation during my extended period of time?
Although Disney has offered to extend Annual Passholders’ expiration dates on their passes by the time of the closure, you will not be able to book past your original expiration date if that new expiration date isn’t reflected in your account by the time you make reservations.
What happens if I book the wrong park? Can I modify?
At this time, Disney has said that there is no option to modify your park reservation. Instead, you will need to cancel your reservation and rebook at another park.
Disney World Reopening
Will I be be able to use Virtual Queues when I’m in the parks?
Disney has announced that they will not be implementing virtual queues when the parks reopen.
This will include Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which will not be using boarding passes, but instead a regular standby line when reopening.
I’m trying to decide which park to visit. What attractions and entertainment will be available?
Ahead of their reopening, Disney World has released a FULL list of every attraction and entertainment option that will be available for their reopening.
Is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary taking place this year?
This year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been cancelled. Due to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party featuring stage shows, parades, and fireworks, Disney has decided during this “unprecedented time” to make the decision to cancel this year’s dates altogether.
Guests who currently have tickets for any Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates this year will be “assisted with refunds over the coming weeks”, with some guests already receiving notification of their refunds.
Will EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival be happening?
Yes — with some changes! Instead of EPCOT’s International Food and Wine Festival beginning in August, EPCOT’s new “A Taste of Food and Wine Festival” will begin when the park reopens on July 15th.
The festival will reportedly be the longest that Disney has ever held, though they have not yet released an end date. The festival will feature 20 signature global booths, including favorites such as Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean will be returning.
What is going to happen with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Festival of the Holidays?
At this time, Disney has not made any official decision about the status of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party or the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays. They have confirmed they will monitor the situation and share updates if any decisions are made.
Future Trip Planning
What about for a 2021 Disney vacation?
Disney World vacation reservations for 2021 became available on June 24th, 2020. Guests are able to “view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.”
When can you buy new park tickets for a 2020 Disney World vacation?
Guests will be able to purchase new hotel packages and theme park tickets as well as make reservations for 2021 vacations starting on June 28th. However, the 2020 availability will not be announced until later this summer to guests.
Can you buy park tickets for someone on a DVC reservation that does not have tickets yet?
According to Disney, as of now, Disney World will not be releasing any new 2020 tickets for sale until “later this summer”. We will continue to update when we get more specifics on what date that might entail!
Click here for a FULL LIST of every attraction, store, and entertainment that will be available at Disney World’s reopening here!
What big questions do you still have about Disney World’s reopening? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World